Castanet Candidates Debate

Discuss the upcoming provincial election. Keep it civil in here, people. It's not the Political Arena.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Castanet Candidates Debate

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

I don't know, from my perspective this was more of an interview than a debate.

The moderator asks a question and each person gets some time to respond.

There isn't really a "rebuttal" by the other candidates to statements made.

For the most part they seem to be towing the party line, and Dayleen did a good job selecting her talking points by reading Castanet forums.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Castanet Candidates Debate

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

The Kelowna-Lake Country debate was clearly won hands down by Norm Letnick.

The Kelowna-Mission debate, harder to say as most of the talk struck me as each person sticking to party catch phrases, and Dayleen taking her talking points from Castanet, not that there's anything wrong with that, but I still have my spidey senses telling me she's just an opportunistic manipulator, and most of her time was spent attacking Liberals rather than offering anything else up. She's simply on a personal vendetta, and that's my opinion.

Thomson here also struck me as the most genuine, though not as good at speaking as Norm Letnick.

Lakes to me was a typical NDP sheep, struck me as anything but genuine, but with the catch phrases memorized.

The PC candidate put me to sleep.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Kelowna-Westside I thought both the Liberal and PC candidate did pretty good, the NDP candidate I simply didn't buy as genuine, just party rhetoric, and little else.

Again I think Norm Letnick was the best speaker of the three local Liberal candidates, Stewart was OK with his closing remarks not bad, but Norm far better.

Gordon behaved just as I'd expect from both an NDP'er and teacher, as she took the opportunity to inject. Appears to me she's being doing just fine, had a deja vu moment where my mind wandered back to that recent BCGEU poster.
Nom_de_Plume
Guru

Post by Nom_de_Plume »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:but I still have my spidey senses telling me she's just an opportunistic manipulator, and most of her time was spent attacking Liberals rather than offering anything else up. She's simply on a personal vendetta, and that's my opinion.

Agree
Her snide little "don't let the door hit you on your way out" after Steve Thomson was done speaking was a bit of a rude thing. IMO,
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
~ Terry Pratchett
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Nom_de_Plume wrote:Agree
Her snide little "don't let the door hit you on your way out" after Steve Thomson was done speaking was a bit of a rude thing. IMO,

She doesn't possess the tact to be the MLA that constituents would be happy with, or proud of in the long haul.

Too cocky and argumentative by far, and her concerns weren't anything that several dozen of us haven't posted about on Castanet. IMO an MLA needs to have a bit more going for them than an 80's hairdo and attitude.

Also in the end, and I admit it's just my opinion, as good as it would be to have a bunch of sitting independents in the legislature, to keep a minority government honest, I don't for a moment believe the BC voters smart enough to pull that off, so in the end an independent is really little more than a toothless dog.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

She didn't cut it last time, why would she think she can make it this time. Nothing like being second choice.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Jack2010
Fledgling

Post by Jack2010 »

I was leaning to supporting Dayleen van R. until I heard her comments about her body guard. I totally accept that she might want security. But to say that it's because her husband is 'protective' of her? How about saying that she made the decision? Why defer to her husband's judgement on such an important issue? Is she also going to defer to him on other issues? I just found it very weird.

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2013”