Why local politicians are losing my vote

Discuss the upcoming provincial election. Keep it civil in here, people. It's not the Political Arena.
User avatar
taktics
Posts: 40
Joined: Jul 25th, 2012, 11:45 pm

Why local politicians are losing my vote

Post by taktics »

The unsolicited phone calls, that I have been getting every other day saying "vote for me" instantly looses my vote, 2 party's have already been knocked off my choices for such practices, can we make it 3 we'll find out.

TL:DR knock it off with the auto dialing phone spam
User avatar
Nom_de_Plume
Guru
Posts: 6485
Joined: Mar 7th, 2007, 7:13 am

Re: Why Local Politicians are loosing my vote

Post by Nom_de_Plume »

wow I still haven't gotten a single one.
not sure why, but I'm happy about it.
Sorry you keep getting spammed
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
~ Terry Pratchett
User avatar
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 24998
Joined: Jul 22nd, 2008, 5:06 pm

Re: Why Local Politicians are loosing my vote

Post by Captain Awesome »

Mmmmm, democracy. Where (supposedly) big decisions are made on whims and moodiness of general public. Just another reason to think the whole system is a joke - besides short conversations with typical voters.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
User avatar
French Castanut
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3675
Joined: Sep 16th, 2011, 6:46 pm

Re: Why Local Politicians are loosing my vote

Post by French Castanut »

Who would you vote for if they all call you?
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
User avatar
Nom_de_Plume
Guru
Posts: 6485
Joined: Mar 7th, 2007, 7:13 am

Re: Why Local Politicians are loosing my vote

Post by Nom_de_Plume »

what about the ones who come to your door?
People don't come to mine, but I know lots of the parties are going out on door knocking blitz's.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
~ Terry Pratchett
Snman
Übergod
Posts: 1220
Joined: Aug 6th, 2006, 6:27 am

Re: Why Local Politicians are loosing my vote

Post by Snman »

They are losing my vote because they speak in riddles. I was watching a baseball game and an ad came on where Adrian Dix is going on about the proposed pipeline and how BC is "not for sale". He goes on to say that the NDP would institute strict environmental assessments to any pipeline proposal, meaning it is in fact for sale but the government will want a larger piece of pie than what is currently being offered. Further, no mention of the fact that oil is already being shipped from our coast. Then there's another where he indicates that our skills training is lacking and says "We will inject more (hands sweeping in upward motion) into skills training so that British Columbians have the skills WE need to survive". Who needs to survive, the NDP? He does not say 'to have the skills they need', nor does he say 'so that we British Columbians get the skills we need. Who wrote that? A grade six student. No, a spin-doctor.
User avatar
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep
Posts: 30803
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 7:21 pm

Re: Why Local Politicians are loosing my vote

Post by GordonH »

As I mention in another thread, I've turned my ringer off and told those around me to call my cell or leave voicemail on my landline.
Simple solution
"You've Gotta' Ask Yourself A Question. 'Do I Feel Lucky?' Well Do Ya...PUNK?" Harry Callahan
I don't care whether people like me or dislike me. I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
NAB
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 22985
Joined: Apr 19th, 2006, 1:33 pm

Re: Why Local Politicians are loosing my vote

Post by NAB »

It has been made very clear at the federal level that CANADA is suffering from a major disconnect between the training and skills needed by the private sector and the training and skills our current system is producing. We cannot keep trying to fit square plugs into round holes and expect anything constructive to result. We have jobs that need filling, and home grown people that need jobs, ....and it far past time both our education system and employers adjusted to that reality and started working together to create and implement the necessary changes.

Nab
User avatar
logicalview
Guru
Posts: 9792
Joined: Feb 6th, 2006, 3:59 pm

Re: Why Local Politicians are loosing my vote

Post by logicalview »

NAB wrote:It has been made very clear at the federal level that CANADA is suffering from a major disconnect between the training and skills needed by the private sector and the training and skills our current system is producing. We cannot keep trying to fit square plugs into round holes and expect anything constructive to result. We have jobs that need filling, and home grown people that need jobs, ....and it far past time both our education system and employers adjusted to that reality and started working together to create and implement the necessary changes.

Nab


Yup. And the LAST person I want leading that charge is a serial prevaricator and memo-forging babbler who also is a "radical leftist ideologue" (to quote Gordon Wilson). Dix wouldn't know what a skill was if it hit him in his weasely face. I do agree with the spin-doctor comment on his commercials. Everything out of his mouth is spin. He repeatedly babbles "I" have met with hundreds of business leaders". He says that all the time. Notice he never mentions that he listened to any of them. Just that he met with them. The NDP has been beating the "skill training" drum as long as I can remember, in every province and federally as well, but what they really want is to increase unionization, which they falsely equate with "skills training". Unionization and skills training are not the same thing. The NDP is not the party you want implementing "skills training". They have no idea what that even is, because they are a party of teachers, union bagmen and brain-dead activists.
Not afraid to say "It".
User avatar
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 11728
Joined: May 6th, 2009, 10:49 am

Re: Why Local Politicians are loosing my vote

Post by Rwede »

Dix's plan is to turn "skills training", aka apprenticeships, back over to the unions and out of government. Dix favours scrapping our current system through the ITA and giving the unions the sole right to apprenticeships. And you know what that means - closed shop in BC once again. Non-union apprentices would be non-existant.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
User avatar
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep
Posts: 30803
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 7:21 pm

Re: Why Local Politicians are loosing my vote

Post by GordonH »

NAB wrote:It has been made very clear at the federal level that CANADA is suffering from a major disconnect between the training and skills needed by the private sector and the training and skills our current system is producing. We cannot keep trying to fit square plugs into round holes and expect anything constructive to result. We have jobs that need filling, and home grown people that need jobs, ....and it far past time both our education system and employers adjusted to that reality and started working together to create and implement the necessary changes.

Nab

logicalview wrote:Yup. And the LAST person I want leading that charge is a serial prevaricator and memo-forging babbler who also is a "radical leftist ideologue" (to quote Gordon Wilson). Dix wouldn't know what a skill was if it hit him in his weasely face. I do agree with the spin-doctor comment on his commercials. Everything out of his mouth is spin. He repeatedly babbles "I" have met with hundreds of business leaders". He says that all the time. Notice he never mentions that he listened to any of them. Just that he met with them. The NDP has been beating the "skill training" drum as long as I can remember, in every province and federally as well, but what they really want is to increase unionization, which they falsely equate with "skills training". Unionization and skills training are not the same thing. The NDP is not the party you want implementing "skills training". They have no idea what that even is, because they are a party of teachers, union bagmen and brain-dead activists.


Rwede wrote:Dix's plan is to turn "skills training", aka apprenticeships, back over to the unions and out of government. Dix favours scrapping our current system through the ITA and giving the unions the sole right to apprenticeships. And you know what that means - closed shop in BC once again. Non-union apprentices would be non-existant.


Got a question for the 3 of you, what does your posts have to do with OP. lol
Never mind it spillover from other thread....... Okay got it, enjoy the
Image
"You've Gotta' Ask Yourself A Question. 'Do I Feel Lucky?' Well Do Ya...PUNK?" Harry Callahan
I don't care whether people like me or dislike me. I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
delSol97
Board Meister
Posts: 671
Joined: May 2nd, 2005, 3:36 pm

Re: Why Local Politicians are loosing my vote

Post by delSol97 »

Just like show business, as they say, "There's no such thing as bad publicity".

The majority of people (seniors) vote for names they recognize. Good or bad, the more you get mentioned the more votes you're going to get.

Obviously there is no way of proving it, but I bet the NDP candidate that got the boot will end up getting more votes as an Independent because of all the drama surrounding it than they would have otherwise ...
WhatThe

Re: Why Local Politicians are loosing my vote

Post by WhatThe »

Captain Awesome wrote:Mmmmm, democracy. Where (supposedly) big decisions are made on whims and moodiness of general public. Just another reason to think the whole system is a joke - besides short conversations with typical voters.

Ain't that the truth.

The future based on who annoys me more. You might want to corral that vote up too, you might lose it because its loose.
User avatar
French Castanut
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3675
Joined: Sep 16th, 2011, 6:46 pm

Re: Why Local Politicians are loosing my vote

Post by French Castanut »

If they're loosing your vote, how can they tighten it back?
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
User avatar
taktics
Posts: 40
Joined: Jul 25th, 2012, 11:45 pm

Re: Why Local Politicians are loosing my vote

Post by taktics »

take down their signs, on election night(all of them), no nuance calls, no door to door. Negative attacks gotta go.

I want clear concise information on what they are going to do budget wise, what projects the want to go with etc... the stuff that actually matters.

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2013”