Vote Count

Discuss the upcoming provincial election. Keep it civil in here, people. It's not the Political Arena.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Vote Count

Post by Logitack »

apparently the vote represents 48% of all voters. no wonder the liberals won! LOL

what a sad sad night.....
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Hey, look at the bright side - Cristy Clark will probably lose in her riding.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Logitack wrote:apparently the vote represents 48% of all voters. no wonder the liberals won! LOL

What makes you think the other 52% would vote any differently? I mean its not like it was even close at all.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

Captain Awesome wrote:Hey, look at the bright side - Cristy Clark will probably lose in her riding.

i guess some of us can take that as a consolation prize...*weak grin*
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

If Clark loses her riding will the party parachute her into another Liberal stronghold riding and hold a by-election?
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Winston_Smith
Fledgling

Post by Winston_Smith »

oneh2obabe wrote:If Clark loses her riding will the party parachute her into another Liberal stronghold riding and hold a by-election?

If Clark fails to secure her seat in the Legislature, the Liberals could be forced to ask one of the party’s victorious MLAs to hand their spot over to the Premier.

Read more: http://bc.ctvnews.ca/ctv-projection-bc- ... z2TKz8x6Zg
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

obviously...

a liberal MLA who just won their riding will surely jump at the chance to give christy their riding...right?

LOL

BC poltics, never dull!
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

oneh2obabe wrote:If Clark loses her riding will the party parachute her into another Liberal stronghold riding and hold a by-election?

Guaranteed.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

turns off tv

cant watch christy gloat...

lol
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Nebula wrote:Guaranteed.

So she wins even if she loses.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Sn0man
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Sn0man »

Logitack wrote:
cant watch christy gloat...

lol

Doubt she'll be doing much gloating, as she's going to lose her seat.

Can't believe BC voted to keep the liberals. Idiots.
Sunshine tax rebate recipient
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

oneh2obabe wrote:So she wins even if she loses.

Well that's how our system works, and she is after all the one who led the Liberal party of BC to a decisive victory.

Sn0man wrote:Can't believe BC voted to keep the liberals. Idiots.

Actually they didn't, they have better memories than NDP'ers gave them credit for, and since the PC's basically imploded, they had no sensible alternate option to vote for but Liberals. They had no desire to turn the other cheek for the NDP, simply so they could get slapped again, as they still felt the sting from last time.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Logitack wrote:apparently the vote represents 48% of all voters. no wonder the liberals won! LOL

lol - majority is celebrating.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

I agree with what Steven said earlier about taking the high road and that applies to the winners and the losers. If the NDP couldn't get its vote out what does that say? Democracy is a messy business sometimes but it's far superior to whatever is in second place (to sort of paraphrase Churchill).
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

I noted Vaughn Palmer and Keith Baldry eating a bit of crow on Global tonight. They admitted they got it wrong, but emphasized that everyone did.

I wish I knew where it was now, but I'm pretty sure there was one media person, who did in fact predict that Christy and the Liberals could pull off an upset. I think Urbane had posted a quote about it if I'm not mistaken, but there's so many political threads going it's almost impossible to keep track of what's where.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2013”