Who's getting your vote and why

hadassah32

Who's getting your vote and why

Post by hadassah32 »

Mike Mcloughlin - Conservatives.

While I normally vote conservative federally and Liberal provincially. I will be giving my vote to conservatives this time around.

Here is an open letter I have sent to my liberal candidate, who I supported in the last election

Dear Mr. Thompson

I am a former supporter. I say former because while I strongly respect you and your work on behalf of our Area riding, I cannot and will not support the Liberal Party in the next Bc general election. The record over the past number of years speaks for itself. We need strong leadership and fIscal conservatism to place our province on a more solid economic foundation. I will be giving my vote for you to the Conservative party. I felt it was right to tell you that while I support you I cannot support the party you continue to be running for.

Who are you throwing your vote behind and do you think it will make a difference to the outcome in your riding
mountainman74

Re: Who's getting your vote and why

Post by mountainman74 »

DAYLEEN all the way!

Sick of having people controlled by "their" parties. I want some-one in there that will fight for what is right for us the people. Look into her past, she fights hard for what she believes in....and I for one like that!
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

I guess if you need someone to fight for your driveway it's the perfect choice.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
mountainman74

Post by mountainman74 »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:I guess if you need someone to fight for your driveway it's the perfect choice.

Its proof she fights for what she believes is right....which is what I believe this city needs. Not another candidate that is controlled from the "leader" rather than "the people"
401tk

Post by 401tk »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:I guess if you need someone to fight for your driveway it's the perfect choice.

Oh man, I just spit coffee on my screen! hahaha.
But in all seriousness. I am voting for Dayleen. I am sick of the cookie cutter politicians. We need more people to vote for that speak their mind and are not worried about just being politically correct. Progress will never happen unless more people like Dayleen get into politics.
Dave_1963
Banned

Post by Dave_1963 »

Struggling to live on a disability pension as a single father (especially after Fortis has doubled our bill), the NDP HAD my vote, as one of their campaign promises was to raise disability rates in BC should they be elected. The NDP has done a 180 on that promise. And with their talk of an expanded carbon tax, I am left with only one choice-The BC Green Party. The Liberals will never get my vote, no matter how many promises they make. Conservatives? Too much like The Liberals. I have voted NDP in BC since I have been of legal age, and this is the first time I will not be voting for them. I am not thrilled at voting Green either, but The Greens (to our family), is the lesser of evils. They had better not try to bring in a carbon tax or raise gas prices, or it will be the first and last time I vote Green.

I am not happy with any of the candidates from any party. I believe government has become so bloated and out of touch with the average British Columbian, no matter who I vote for, it will still be the same s**t, just a different bucket. The parties need an average Joe or Jane who understands when gas goes up by .20 cents a litre what kind of financial impact it has on most peoples daily lives. Reminds me of a Presidential campaign interview I saw about 20 years ago. A reporter asked the Republican candidate if he knew how much a jug of milk, a loaf of bread, and a gallon of gas cost, and the candidate was dumbfounded by the question....no idea of the price of basic necessities. How can someone that much out of touch run a country or province, for that matter? All parties should "clean house", get rid of the dead weight and gold-plated pensions, and get someone who is actually concerned about the state we are in. This is by far, the worst choice of candidates I have ever seen in 30 years of voting.

I hate to say it, but if the quality and integrity of the candidates is not greatly improved by the election after this, I won't be voting for anybody next time around. :ohmygod:
John500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by John500 »

Used to vote liberal. Used to. But really cant. These clowns in Victoria do not deserve another 4 years. Its that simple. Sometimes a change is government is not bad. Even if its left leaning. We need a broom, a BIG broom, in Victoria.
BTDT
Fledgling

Post by BTDT »

I would vote for any party that will deal with the crazy two tier billing system used by Fortis. How can people, especially those on fixed income afford to pay these outrageous hydro bills!!!
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

John500 wrote:Used to vote liberal. Used to. But really cant. These clowns in Victoria do not deserve another 4 years. Its that simple. Sometimes a change is government is not bad. Even if its left leaning. We need a broom, a BIG broom, in Victoria.

Perhaps, but if things pan out the way polls currently suggest, then you're going to be needing a BIG dungfork.

Then again perhaps that's part of Dix's plan to help agriculture, plenty of free manure.
Last edited by LoneWolf_53 on Apr 22nd, 2013, 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

IMO at this time none of main 4 Parties deserve my vote, my answer is none. Hopefully that changes between now and May 14.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Dave_1963
Banned

Post by Dave_1963 »

BTDT wrote:I would vote for any party that will deal with the crazy two tier billing system used by Fortis. How can people, especially those on fixed income afford to pay these outrageous hydro bills!!!

Same here! For a guy on a fixed income, this crap that Fortis has pulled should be on some parties agenda. Our bill went from about $140 a month to $250/month. Fixed income means either pay the bill and not eat, or not pay the bill and freeze but have food. I chose the former. I ought to write a book entitled "How to lose 50 lbs in 4 months without exercising".
samsquench07
Übergod

Post by samsquench07 »

Yeah, I hear ya man. There was a tv program on the other day, about british Columbia, and some European country,basically saying how they are leaders of having the cleanest and cheapest power, referring to the hydro dam or whatever it is.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

I watched the local news on CHBC on Tuesday the 23rd of April. There was a woman that had purchased a used Harley Davidson trike. The PST on it was a whopping 12%. The comment from the "provincial finance minister" was that " we can use the extra revenue"! If this is the attitude of the Liberals, then I know who won't get my vote.

I searched through the CHBC website to find the story so that I could provide a link. Sadly I could not find it. Can anyone else confirm this story?
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

You sure that wasn't PST + GST = 12%?

Never mind I found it, you're right.

http://globalnews.ca/video/506027/vehicle-tax-anger

I don't like tax either, and have always disagreed with being forced to pay tax on second hand items, it's the way it is, and has been for quite some time.

Apparently the thinking on this scenario is to make it a more level playing field, and raise money no doubt, which they have to do somewhere.

As I've said early either they tweak the PST here and there or jack up the tax across the board. I'd rather see them do it this way if given the option.

According to you this means you won't vote for Liberals, so are you aware of any party that assures you they won't increase taxes? Adrian already plans to do that, so who else is there that has a chance of forming government?
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:You sure that wasn't PST + GST = 12%?

Never mind I found it, you're right.

http://globalnews.ca/video/506027/vehicle-tax-anger

I don't like tax either, and have always disagreed with being forced to pay tax on second hand items, it's the way it is, and has been for quite some time.

Apparently the thinking on this scenario is to make it a more level playing field, and raise money no doubt, which they have to do somewhere.

As I've said early either they tweak the PST here and there or jack up the tax across the board. I'd rather see them do it this way if given the option.

According to you this means you won't vote for Liberals, so are you aware of any party that assures you they won't increase taxes? Adrian already plans to do that, so who else is there that has a chance of forming government?

It's not the tax. It's the flippant reply by the finance minister that turned me off. "We could use the extra money"?
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent

Return to “Kelowna/Mission”