Will the NDP add salt to our current housing woes?

NewAge

Will the NDP add salt to our current housing woes?

Post by NewAge »

I just left the all candidates discussion which the Lake Country Chamber put on, and I wanted to ask what everyone thinks on this topic. As it stands based on what was noted in tonight's discussion, that the NDP is looking to hike taxes so that they can then spend this new found money on items outlined in their platform. I would like to ask if you feel that given our current housing issues (foreclosures happening at record numbers, soaring number of homes being added to the market for sale daily in the Kelowna/Okanagan area), can we withstand a government implementing more costs/taxes, which come directly from our pockets when we are in a time when we need them most? Furthermore, would it not make more sense to keep taxes in check (or even lower them) to help stimulate local economic growth?
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Will the NDP add salt to our current housing woes?

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

I have a big issue with them raising taxes, for what in the end will really only amount to monies diverted to pad the pockets of union labour, who compared to many are already well compensated and looked after.

Given the current times the last thing we need is bigger government and that's exactly what the NDP will do, and have said as much already with their proposal to create another ministry.

So to answer your question, yes you can count on the NDP to add salt to current woes/wounds.

Love them or hate them, the Liberals do have good plans in mind to stimulate the BC economy by taking advantage of our resources.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

LoneWolf_53 wrote: Given the current times the last thing we need is bigger government ...

Government has never gotten nor been bigger than it is right now under this Liberal government. Size of government.
Superfluous spending. It is irony after irony when we compare the rhetorical fear-mongering to actual real-time fact.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

steven lloyd wrote: It is irony after irony when we compare the rhetorical fear-mongering to actual real-time fact.

Somewhat an example of the pot calling the kettle black, given your side has been doing more than its fair share of engaging in the same method, to induce people to not vote Liberal.

Adding another ministry to what we already have "is" increasing government, that's a fact, and I frankly don't care what political flavour is at the helm, we don't need any more pencil pushers watching over us, at our expense, even less so when it's simply a thinly disguised strategy to repay political favours.

"Superfluous spending" Steven, you mean like the proposed ten million dollars to implement an inquiry about six million, knowing full well ahead of time, that it won't be enough to shed any more light than already has been, but makes for a good excuse to hand a job to some faithful NDP'er? That kind of superfluous spending? The idiot isn't even in power yet and is already playing both ends against the middle.

Perhaps you're right and age is having an affect *wink*, because I still recollect NDP misdeeds like it was yesterday.

In that regard when it comes to fear mongering, you're darn toot'n, people should be good and afraid, terrified in fact!
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

LoneWolf_53 wrote: "Superfluous spending" Steven, you mean like the proposed ten million dollars to implement an inquiry about six million, knowing full well ahead of time, that it won't be enough to shed any more light than already has been, ...

Yes, I agree. That would and will be superfluous - just like $11 million the Liberals used to host a party in a thinly veiled attempt to buy ethnic votes or $13 million of our tax dollars spent on television advertising to tell us how fiscally prudent they’re being. “My side” LW ??? There are real and tangible arguments to be used against the NDP. You hardly have to stoop to this level. Be real.
samsquench07
Übergod

Post by samsquench07 »

I don't think Stephen loyd is fear mongering, He is telling the truth. How much worse could it be with the liberals feeding themselves and their families lobster 4 times a day? hahaha
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

The NDP has no plans to increase any costs of housing.

Thought Mike Nuyens did well in the LC debate.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

George+ wrote:
Thought Mike Nuyens did well in the LC debate.

I heard that he got his clock cleaned.
Not afraid to say "It".
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

It was described to me that "Mike had his *bleep* handed to him" by a friend who attended. And this friend is a staunch Green Party supporter (I don't hold that against him, he's a good person), not even a radical rightie.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Fisher-Dude wrote:It was described to me that "Mike had his *bleep* handed to him" by a friend who attended. And this friend is a staunch Green Party supporter (I don't hold that against him, he's a good person), not even a radical rightie.

I thought it was classless of Nuyens to embarrass his son by admitting that he failed out of the apprenticeship program at Okanagan College. I also thought it was lame that he was trying to spin the story as somehow his son failing was the government's fault, and an example of education "not being fair". Good grief. Typical NDP/unionist, all education has cater to the lowest common denominator to be "fair", instead of just taking personal responsibility for your failures and figuring out how to succeed next time.
Not afraid to say "It".
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Were we at the same meeting?
Lake Country?
I did not hear any of this.

Return to “Kelowna/Mission”