Lyme disease-- Problem in the Okanagan?

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.

Re: Lyme disease-- Problem in the Okanagan?

Postby Fancy » Jan 24th, 2018, 8:03 am

Temet Nosce wrote:I know this thread is older now but TreeGuy if you don't mind sharing how did you eventually get diagnosed? I skimmed through and may have missed it in the thread but not sure how you finally got diagnosed.
Read his first post on page 3 - sums it up.
And this on page 4:
TreeGuy wrote:Just an update to this thread, not that it has gained much interest, however if it helps someone else then it is worth it. Through testing done in the USA I have been diagnosed with Lyme disease.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Temet Nosce likes this post.
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Liked in: 5774 posts

Postby TreeGuy » Jan 24th, 2018, 8:14 am

Temet Nosce wrote:
TreeGuy wrote:Surprise, surprise, surprise! The more people I talk to about Lyme the more I hear from people who have it or have had it. I am out of pocket a good sum of money for the treatment I sought through Naturopathic Dr.'s, hopefully others in the future won't have to go through the same ordeal.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-165866-4-.htm#165866

I know this thread is older now but TreeGuy if you don't mind sharing how did you eventually get diagnosed? I skimmed through and may have missed it in the thread but not sure how you finally got diagnosed.

I saw Dr. Chan, a naturopathic Dr in Richmond. He did some in clinic testing and sent my blood down to the USA. It is a quantitative test and the numbers showed it was likely that I had Lyme, so I went on two different antibiotics.

After that I saw Dr Pagdin as I had adrenal fatigue. Now often major trauma can bring Lyme symptoms back. I don’t think breaking my neck will do that as I was on intravenous antibiotics in the hospital.

PM me if you would like to discuss it more.

Temet Nosce likes this post.
TreeGuy

Liked in: 2226 posts

Postby Temet Nosce » Jan 24th, 2018, 8:02 pm

Sorry to hear your struggle and hope you are starting to feel better. Adrenal fatigue--not good. I am sure they must have also checked you for Addison's Disease after everything you've been through. Thank you for sharing and the info I appreciate that and :130: to your recovery.
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Liked in: 500 posts

Postby Glacier » Apr 13th, 2018, 8:29 am

This was found in Vanderhoof last weekend. The poor moose that was here has been ravaged by ticks. They are bad this year, so please be aware and check yourself and pets regularly if you are out and about. Lyme disease is not fun to deal with as deer ticks are also being found.

ticks1.jpg

ticks2.jpg

ticks3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Poindexter likes this post.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 9079 posts

Postby TreeGuy » Apr 13th, 2018, 8:46 am

Glacier wrote:This was found in Vanderhoof last weekend. The poor moose that was here has been ravaged by ticks. They are bad this year, so please be aware and check yourself and pets regularly if you are out and about. Lyme disease is not fun to deal with as deer ticks are also being found.

ticks1.jpg

ticks2.jpg

ticks3.jpg

I can testify to that!

Some believe mosquitos also carry lyme bacteria.
TreeGuy

Liked in: 2226 posts

Postby Catsumi » May 6th, 2018, 9:54 am

For those who are concerned about Lyme disease (we all should be aware) or who are so unfortunate as to actually have it,this is for you.

An excellent, clearly stated and easy to understand 20 min interview on CBC radio on The Sunday Edition, today.

The segment is titled "Lyme disease, the first epidemic of climate change"

The interviewee has just published a book with the same title. Hope this is of some help to those afflicted.

:biggrin:
nothing wrong with being open minded as long as your brains don't fall out.

Lady tehMa likes this post.
Catsumi
Übergod

Liked in: 1676 posts

Previous

Return to Health