Prescription Glasses

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Prescription Glasses

Post by LANDM »

After getting Deliveranced by the optometrists by Wendy’s, to the tune of over $900 for a test, glasses and taxes a few years ago, I went with Costco last year.
Still over $400 for frames, progressives, autotint, etc but that is half the price for better.
I checked the online places and they were, surprisingly, not much different for all the bells and whistles.
You and 71 others Like this post
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

I just got one pair of glasses + one pair of prescription sunglasses (Spy brand) for roughly $400 including shipping and everything.

Prescription sunglasses are super awesome. So much easier to drive or cycle in them. Auto tint on ordinary glasses doesn't come close in the level of comfort.
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

I never wear sunglasses now and just get UV coated clear lenses to protect my eyes. I like the clarity over the obscurity of shading. I think it started when full-faced motorcycle helmets were created. The clear UV visors raised havoc with polarized sunglasses. Kind of like being on an acid trip [icon_lol2.gif]
I birn quil I se
DebSS
Fledgling

Post by DebSS »

How do you measure your distance between your pupils for the online purchases? I have often thought about buying that way. Between hubby and I it gets expensive. We both have astigmatism, and I only need mine for close up reading, he has those pop bottle thick lenses. By the time we buy him a pair with a pair of prescription sunglasses and then mine, we are close to 1500 bucks.
Thinktank
Guru

Post by Thinktank »

so,
in the last thirty years how much does the average glasses wearer spend for glasses?

about $3,000 - averaging $100 per year?

That's what I call a scam. Could you imagine if young people were taught how to
keep their eyes good? $billions would be saved.

China trying to save the kids' eyesight
Pfizer Vaccine: mRNA, lipids ((4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-6,1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate), (polyethylene glycol),N-ditetradecylacetamide, potassium chloride,potassium phosphate, sodium chloride, dibasic sodium phosphate dihydrate, sucrose.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

No doubt that you are partly right thinktank,
Our computer screens, phones and reading small print on some paper is straining our eyes.

However some people are born with issues.
In my case my eyes started weakening after age 40, which isn't uncommon.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

DebSS wrote: Jul 21st, 2021, 12:55 pm How do you measure your distance between your pupils for the online purchases? I have often thought about buying that way. Between hubby and I it gets expensive. We both have astigmatism, and I only need mine for close up reading, he has those pop bottle thick lenses. By the time we buy him a pair with a pair of prescription sunglasses and then mine, we are close to 1500 bucks.
One way would be to ask on your next eye exam.
Some days my Brain is like an etch a Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything!
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

Bsuds is right Deb,
You should still have your eyes checked every few years even if ordering the glasses online.
No point in ordering new glasses if your eyesight has changed witknit.owinghout

Return to “Health”