Coronavirus/Variants/Vaccine/Masks

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Re: Coronavirus/Variants/Vaccine/Masks

Post by GordonH »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 6:50 pm
WESTman wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 12:07 pm youtubehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1DgWYdukZU/youtube
The difference being, they are not using the hospitals, whereas our UNvaccinated are.
And they stayed within their community (presumably) and so were not infecting others outside of it.
They didn't mention how many elderly died of covid, or how they felt about watching someone basically not able to breathe, because almost all serious cases find that eventually their lungs fail. Watching someone drown in their own lung secretions must be very difficult. And let's not pretend that they had no such cases.
So if our unvaccinated never turned up for a test, never turned up in a hospital, and never had contact with anyone else to infect them. We wouldn' t be having this conversation. Also it doesn't sound like the Amish are operating on the vast morass of misinformation, aren't propagating more misinformation, and are not whining about getting EI. They aren't complaining that they can't get into a bar or restaurant, or go to a indoor gym,or a music festival, or football game.
Because of their healthy active lifestyle I strongly suspect majority of their elderly most likely survived covid.
"You've Gotta' Ask Yourself A Question. 'Do I Feel Lucky?' Well Do Ya...PUNK?" Harry Callahan
I don't care whether people like me or dislike me. I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Silverstarqueen
Buddha of the Board

Post by Silverstarqueen »

More likely it depends on their genetics. Some amish have a genetic mutation which gives them 10 more years on average, than those who don't have the mutation, who live on average to 75, rate of diabetes 7 percent. between those two groups would be probably similar. A life expectancy of 75, would I think, not be vastly better than our life expectancy, maybe lower. Those amish with the mutation, would live a little longer than our average.

" Amish carriers of the mutation live on average to age 85, about 10 years longer than their peers. Among the Amish who did not have the mutation, the rate of Type 2 diabetes was 7 percent. But for carriers of the mutation, the rate was zero, despite leading the same lifestyle and consuming similar diets. Tests showed that carriers of the mutation had 28 percent lower levels of insulin, a hormone whose chronic elevation can lead to Type 2 diabetes."

Looks like someone has already studied the question:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34117598/
WESTman
Übergod

Post by WESTman »

More likely it depends on their genetics. Some amish have a genetic mutation which gives them 10 more years on average, than those who don't have the mutation, who live on average to 75, rate of diabetes 7 percent. between those two groups would be probably similar. A life expectancy of 75, would I think, not be vastly better than our life expectancy, maybe lower. Those amish with the mutation, would live a little longer than our average.

" Amish carriers of the mutation live on average to age 85, about 10 years longer than their peers. Among the Amish who did not have the mutation, the rate of Type 2 diabetes was 7 percent. But for carriers of the mutation, the rate was zero, despite leading the same lifestyle and consuming similar diets. Tests showed that carriers of the mutation had 28 percent lower levels of insulin, a hormone whose chronic elevation can lead to Type 2 diabetes."
Hmmm pretty high life expectancy for people who don't vaccinate at all, wonder what their autism rates are?
"Medical science is making such remarkable progress that soon none of us will be well."
— A. Huxley
Silverstarqueen
Buddha of the Board

WESTman wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 7:41 pm

Hmmm pretty high life expectancy for people who don't vaccinate at all, wonder what their autism rates are?
Life expectancy in Canada is 82.5 years. So for those Amish without the mutation, 75 years appears they have taken a hit, as a result of their healthy unvaccinated life style. For those blessed with the mutation, 85, they have exceeded our average. Likely has a lot to do with not smoking, not abusing drugs, not drinking, not driving, and probably not the gun deaths and violence that much of america suffers from.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Kelownamade wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 5:41 pm
NO! What makes someone credible is their accuracy and willingness to change their opinion when new data is available.
Then that would make folks like Dr. Henry and Dr. Fauci credible - oh wait, when they do that, then its "flip flopping" [icon_lol2.gif]

So, just to summarize, you don't read about anything, you just watch a YouTube video and "listen" to them without making any effort what-so-ever to verify any accuracy of what is being said. And you pretty much don't change your mind regardless of how much data is presented to you, you just continue to regurgitate your flawed narrative. So by your own definitions, you are the least credible poster here. Nothing we didn't already know, but we appreciate that you verified it for us. Thanks :130:
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Zedi wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 9:58 am Sweden suspends moderna shot indefinitely cause it’s messing people up.

https://www.westernjournal.com/sweden-s ... condition/
Well lets see, the Western Journal, which is known to be a questionable source that pushes conspiracies and propaganda, claims that the Daily Mail reported that the Moderna vaccine has been suspended "indefinitely", yet the Daily Mail article they link makes no such claim.

And this is exactly how sites like the Western Journal get their victims, they exaggerate the article they link, knowing full well that their target audience won't bother going to another source for verification.

Hook, line and sinker every time - its like shootin' sheep in a barrel - baaaaaa [icon_lol2.gif]
Silverstarqueen
Buddha of the Board

The article I read was that Sweden suspended (or "paused") Moderna for those under 30.
If there was something seriously wrong with the vaccine, they would have scrapped it altogether for all ages.
Just as Iceland chose one vaccine over another, does not necessarily mean there is something wrong with the one they didn't choose.
ANd there is no suggestion (now) that NO vaccine is seen as better than being vaccinated with Pfizer for most Swedes. So if people are taking their cues from Sweden, they are clear to get their Pfizer vaccines now.
Sweden recommends Pfizer vaccine for 12-15 year olds.
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/sweden-12-15- ... 21162.html
People seem to think that Sweden went with the "naturally acquired immunity" plan, but in fact they changed their minds for most in Sweden, and have 67% of their population fully vaccinated. They were slow to get into the vaccination program,and for that they have a deaths per million rate much higher than ours, and almost 9 times higher than neighboring Norway.
B.c. 400 deaths per million, Canada753 DPM,
Sweden 1470 DPM, Norway 163 DPM
So the price they paid for their initial plan to go for naturally acquired immunity.
Silverstarqueen
Buddha of the Board

Anti-vaxxers need only to hang on a little bit longer in Ont. DON"T cave now!
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/lifestyle/tra ... d=msedgntp
Silverstarqueen
Buddha of the Board

Could be a game-changer for breakthru cases. Anti-Big pharma/ skeptics won't be interested because it hasn't been tested on horses and sheep yet. AND it's not 100% on humans, so what's the point eh?
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-10- ... ill-1.html

If someone is prescribed the Covid-pill, treatment can be carried out at home. So what if someone turns it down and gets a serious case of covid e.g. covid deniers? Will the hospital then have to treat them in ICU, or would they consider that the patient has refused treatment?
Silverstarqueen
Buddha of the Board

It's time to open up! We are nearly there, and this virus is not going to disappear, it will become "endemic" rather than pandemic. Everyone has had plenty of time to get vaccinated (and it's not too late if you haven't yet).
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/other/ex ... TopStories
LovemyBolt
Board Meister

Post by LovemyBolt »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Oct 24th, 2021, 7:40 am
If someone is prescribed the Covid-pill, treatment can be carried out at home. So what if someone turns it down and gets a serious case of covid e.g. covid deniers? Will the hospital then have to treat them in ICU, or would they consider that the patient has refused treatment?
The dialogue:
P=patient, D=doctor
P-cough wheeze sniffle...yeah hey doc I can't seem to shake this cold that I've been fighting for a few days. And why can't I smell my curry let alone taste it?
D-Well let's do a test to see if it's covid shall we.
P-What covid? My research says it's a fraud and it doesn't exist.
D-Well how about we do it anyway so we can rule it out?
P-Ok alright.
D-So it turns out you do have it. Since it's been several days of you having these symptoms then there's a pill for that.
P-No. This is not covid. If that pill is for something called covid then it's going to do other things I don't want. Can't I just ride it out?
D-Please put your mask back on. Why did you come here then?
P-Because it doesn't seem to want to go away.
D-Then about all I can suggest is for you to go to the hospital. They have other more intrusive treatments. If you don't do that then you're on your own.
P-Maybe I'll go find a second opinion.
D-That's fine.
P-In the meantime my only option is to suffer at home?
D-Yes. You came here with known symptoms. You've been tested and diagnosed. You've been offered a non-invasive treatment. And still you won't follow your own doctors treatment suggestion. I think you need to leave.
P-Fine. Some doctor you are just parroting all the big-pharma sales and marketing. Good-bye ... cough hack sneeze
D-(Under breath) Good riddance.
DoubleB12
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by DoubleB12 »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Oct 24th, 2021, 8:20 am It's time to open up! We are nearly there, and this virus is not going to disappear, it will become "endemic" rather than pandemic. Everyone has had plenty of time to get vaccinated (and it's not too late if you haven't yet).
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/other/ex ... TopStories
It's been time to open up ever since, at least in BC, once we reached the 80% double dose rate. However our province is under NDP rule, they like to take things very slowly. We went into Step 3 on July 1st with only a 70% single dose rate required along with low case and hospital counts. Yes, Delta has put the brakes on but obviously our vax rate has far exceeded those requirements and both cases and hospitalizations are dropping. C'mon John, Bonnie and Adrian.....time to get your head out of your *bleep* and open this province up...RESTRICTION FREE!!
seewood
Lord of the Board

Post by seewood »

DoubleB12 wrote: Oct 24th, 2021, 8:37 am Yes, Delta has put the brakes on but obviously our vax rate has far exceeded those requirements and both cases and hospitalizations are dropping. C'mon John, Bonnie and Adrian.....time to get your head out of your *bleep* and open this province up...RESTRICTION FREE!!
I suspect the above mentioned would love to open up restriction free.
But, I also suspect, until the number of un vaccinated in the ICU's are reduced ( all over the province) some form of restrictions will be in place.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
samsquench07
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by samsquench07 »

Don’t worry. To many double vaxx people are getting Covid. So they are changing the word back to the “flu” now (which is exactly what Covid always was anyway)

My co-worker. Who is double vaxxed. Surprise just got the Covid flu
And my other co worker friend who is double vaxxed. Just got the Covid flu
Silverstarqueen
Buddha of the Board

Pregnant women (aka pregnant people) are at higher risk from complications of covid, especially when not vaccinated.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/us/a-nur ... d=msedgntp
samsquench07 wrote: Oct 24th, 2021, 9:25 am Don’t worry. To many double vaxx people are getting Covid. So they are changing the word back to the “flu” now (which is exactly what Covid always was anyway)

My co-worker. Who is double vaxxed. Surprise just got the Covid flu
And my other co worker friend who is double vaxxed. Just got the Covid flu
It's not the flu. It's not the Covid flu. the majority of serious cases are in the small minority of UNvaccinated.

Return to “Health”