Medical marijuana benefits proven?

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Medical marijuana benefits proven?

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Just because cannabis is legal (but restricted) does not mean that it is recommended for everyone, is 100% safe in any amounts or for any person, or that competent adults are not responsible for some untoward side effects of recreational cannabisl if they choose to use it. (Medicinal would be different, someone prescribes it or recommends it, and user is hopefully assessed and warned about possible side effects, when to discontinue etc.).
So there must be a million products which are legal, but user beware, such as tobacco, salt, dietary fats, sugars, herbal products, processed meats, caffeine, over the counter medications. You can't use aspirin, and then later sue Health canada for allowing you to use it because you had a stomach bleed. You can't drink alcohol, and then sue the government because it caused intoxication or addiction. You can't sue the government because you are diabetic and legally bought and used sugary carbonated drinks.
60,000 people at Vancouver's 4/20 celebration and "no major incidents". What? No psychotic episodes, no fights, no overdoses? I wonder how many crowds of that size could celebrate with alcohol or other drugs and have no major incidents.
4everdunn
Banned

Post by 4everdunn »

I wonder why this thread died.

Anyway, is anybody using anything?
kmoonen

Post by kmoonen »

For me, CBD has a calming effect that can really take the edge off. It helps me stay focused and make clearer decisions. Also, it reduces physical symptoms of anxiety, which I think most of us struggle with.

I use these THC gummies. They provide a more pronounced relaxation effect. However, it's important to find the right balance because too much CBD can have some negative effects, from what I've read.
Last edited by kmoonen on Jun 15th, 2024, 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

4everdunn wrote: Jun 11th, 2024, 5:21 am I wonder why this thread died.
They all got stoned and forgot about the thread.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Except that using medical cannabis products isn't about "getting stoned", it's about pain control when the medical professionals can only offer BIG PHARMA solutions that cause additional medical issues on top of MS, Parkinson's, extreme issues with arthritis, cancer and appetite loss, and on and on.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Queen K wrote: Jun 16th, 2024, 9:20 am Except that using medical cannabis products isn't about "getting stoned", it's about pain control when the medical professionals can only offer BIG PHARMA solutions that cause additional medical issues on top of MS, Parkinson's, extreme issues with arthritis, cancer and appetite loss, and on and on.
Three acquaintances that are all long time pot users have: Lupus, Parkinsons, and MS.

Nah, no correlation at all from mushing their brains for decades.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Jun 16th, 2024, 9:52 am
Queen K wrote: Jun 16th, 2024, 9:20 am Except that using medical cannabis products isn't about "getting stoned", it's about pain control when the medical professionals can only offer BIG PHARMA solutions that cause additional medical issues on top of MS, Parkinson's, extreme issues with arthritis, cancer and appetite loss, and on and on.
Three acquaintances that are all long time pot users have: Lupus, Parkinsons, and MS.

The effects on cognitive function were well known many years ago when everyone and his dog was using it. After I saw the effects on some friends, I decided regular use was a bad idea in general.
For those with pain issues, I can see the benefit, especially since doctors now are leery of prescribing pain relief by other means.
Patron
Lord of the Board

Post by Patron »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Jun 16th, 2024, 9:52 am

such an uneducated biased opinion, you assume marijuana has no medical benefits to many users in many different forms and think it causes lupus, parkinson's and ms ?

as a cancer patient my choices are to take pills for anxiety , nausea, sleep and bone pain- 4 different meds all interacting with each other- or I could smoke, eat, or apply a THC product a few times a day and it can take care of all those real daily issues in one shot and I can be able to function and even work part time is worse ?

my oncologists would completely disagree with you- mush for brains indeed :up:
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 16th, 2024, 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Rejigger
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Rejigger »

Comparing apples to oranges highlights the real mush. As far as impact on our health, there's a difference between long-term and short-term use of pretty much anything.

When my dad was undergoing cancer treatment, we noted that some of his prescription meds contained cannabis derivatives. Those meds were for short-term use.

~
Pedgy17

Post by Pedgy17 »

Guys

I've been dealing with chronic back pain lately and I've heard some people mention that marijuana might help. I'm curious to know if anyone here has tried it for back pain and what your experiences have been like?
mrj316694

Post by mrj316694 »

I've dealt with chronic back pain myself and tried using marijuana for relief, but I found it only provided temporary help without fixing the underlying issues. Eventually, I started physiotherapy at https://www.rosedalewellness.com/ with Dr. Tobias Chung. The sessions have really targeted the root causes of my pain. Overall, it's been a much better long-term solution compared to just relying on temporary fixes like marijuana.

Return to “Health”