Chronic Pain

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Puffy wrote:Some days are hard, I agree, but I also think things could be worse.

I try and look at the positive aspects of all issues, and even though some days are hard, I tell myself that it can always be worse.

So, on the days I feel I have lost so much, I think of the things I have gained. That helps.

In saying that, I have some very sore last couple of days and wish there was something different to try for the pain instead on the narcotics. I refuse to use them.

Well said.

I have DDD and it takes a lot to deal with.

Things that I used to be able to do without a second thought now require careful consideration as to how to approach the task while others I simply can't do anymore.

Some days are not so bad while others are horrible especially during unsettled weather it seems.

I'm blessed with arthritis as well so it makes for a really great day when both decide to overcome you at the same time making all movement a challenge.

I used to take blood thinners but they cause so much stomach discomfort that I chose to stop using them and put up with the pain instead.

Sitting for long periods is a huge undertaking but the best thing is constant varied movement to stay mobile.

I find the most troublesome part of these afflictions to be people's attitude since apparently one must be able to display a missing limb or some other blatantly obvious sign of physical inferiority to be taken seriously.

I often get an icy stare from others when I'm not the first to go help unload a shipment or offer to help someone move.

That part bothers me the most as I've never been lazy and used to do such things all the time and often to my own detriment in latter years so I finally trained myself to not do it.

I'm not interested in sympathy but I could sure do without the unwarranted contempt.

Not being independently wealthy I continue to work although I have to be quite creative at times to overcome my physical inadequacies.

Robax Platinum is my friend.

A positive outlook helps the most and when I see a person in a wheelchair or bedridden I am grateful that I can still get around.
cory anthony

Post by cory anthony »

good morning everyone

I in no way want to give anyone the impression that i am trying to spam the forum.my personal email is [email protected] if you are interested in hearing the melecular theory of mitachondrial or cellular inflammation which of course causes pain and the introduction of glutathione accleration which is a great help in creating natural anti inflammatory reactions in your system. maxgxl is a very ethical and scientifically proven/patened product with incredible results like i said before i am not here to waste anyones time. i know and understand pain and how it can affect mood, everyday life ,depression etc etc.

best regards/happy new year

cory
The Bronze
Fledgling

Post by The Bronze »

cory anthony wrote: i know and understand pain and how it can affect mood, everyday life ,depression etc etc.

Do you suffer from chronic pain yourself?
cory anthony

Post by cory anthony »

not as of lately thanks to maxgxl i was a sufferer of an arthritic hip ,lower back and right shoulder
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

I have to say the holidays ...while I completley enjoyed them....have taken it's tole on me.

I have spent most of the last 3 days in bed from pain and pure exhaustion.

I look farward to a new year in which I have 365 days to make things better and easier for myself.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

heads up! :D

Pain relief seminar
by Rachael Kimola - Story: 36381
Jan 6, 2008 / 8:00 am

A former sufferer of chronic pain is hoping to bring some relief to Kelowna residents.

Sandra Bradshaw, a Feldenkrais practitioner, will be hosting a one hour seminar on how to live pain free later this month.

“Our reaction to pain is as varied as pain itself. Pain may not show up at all when needed and sometimes when physical problems heal, the pain sticks around. There are so many questions associated with pain, like why is soft tissue damage more difficult to fix than broken bones and why does the pain of fibromyalgia move around the body but rarely move out? To this day pain still baffles medical experts,” says Bradshaw.

She says more headway has been made in the understanding and alleviation of pain the past 10 years than in the last 10,000.

“The presentation will be held Wednesday, January 23 at the Kelowna Library starting at 7 p.m. Those in attendance are invited to participate on chairs and on mats to learn some pain relieving movements.”

There is a $5 admission charge for the presentation, which goes to the benefit of the Kelowna Food Bank.

Bradshaw can be reached at 862-8489 for more information.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... .htm#36381
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
The Bronze
Fledgling

Post by The Bronze »

Ahh, finally the first ever acupuncture appointment. Let's see how it goes...
___

Post by ___ »

H
Last edited by ___ on Mar 31st, 2008, 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

man. i had to scroll up. i thought you were calling my post spam. :lol:

is anyone going to the the pain relief seminar?

The Bronze! let us know how your acupuncture session goes and what it does for you! :D
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
___

Post by ___ »

ferri wrote:man. i had to scroll up. i thought you were calling my post spam. :lol:

Nope... :1422:
The Bronze
Fledgling

Post by The Bronze »

MrBill wrote:Howdy :130:

I live with Systemic Lupus Erythamatosis(SLE), amongst other chronic and sometimes debilitating health concerns. I am thankful for excellent doctors and a good pharmacy staff (I see them often!).

Plaquenil, Imuran, Ibuprofen and Codeine are staples for me. Most do not realize that the immune boosting response of most natural remedies can be catastrophic to a disorder with an abnormal immune response.

As for the afore mentioned spam, sincerity aside, I recognized it as a sales pitch before I ever finished reading the post.

Good luck to all....

:124:

Oh No! It's Mr Bill!

ferri wrote:man. i had to scroll up. i thought you were calling my post spam. :lol:

is anyone going to the the pain relief seminar?

The Bronze! let us know how your acupuncture session goes and what it does for you! :D

Heh, I know some of the posts in here are spam, I just wanted to make it obvious by asking simple questions.

As for the acupuncture, the appointment itself was fine, there were no problems. Unfortunately I didn't feel any difference afterwards and can't afford to go in twice a week to 'see how it goes' since that would cost $500 a month at least. Of course, that's not to say that it doesn't work wonders for some. I was hoping it would for me, but not this time around.

I gave up most of the lousy medications I've been taking and I notice that I run into the same pattern of getting very frustrated that I'm unable to function in a normal way. The Government aspect of things is very frustrating as well, but I lack the energy to do anything about that at the moment.
___

Post by ___ »

The Bronze wrote:Oh No! It's Mr Bill!

:12077:

Return to “Health”