Where should I get my hair cut?

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
medivixen

Where should I get my hair cut?

Post by medivixen »

Looking for suggestions on a good hair stylist in Kelowna.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Re: Where should I get my hair cut at?

Post by JLives »

I have been going to Amici's downtown for a few years now with a couple different stylists and have always been very happy with the results.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Scynite
Board Meister

Re: Where should I get my hair cut?

Post by Scynite »

Now where can a guy go to get a styling cut that doesn't just entail the hairstylist shaving his head, or using a bowl to do it?

Some of us would like to have a bit more style, and don't want to end up looking like we're joining the Canadian Forces everytime we get our hair cut.

There are some brutal places out there...
Don't get so mad, it's just my opinion.
tawnylee
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by tawnylee »

Coni (owner) at Amici's is amazing. I did a hair show for her 6 years ago, and am still getting my hair done there.
For guys, I've heard great things about MVP for Men. Plasma's, play XBOX 360 while you wait, etc. Check it out! http://www.mvphairformen.com/locations.htm
“When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.”
~Harriet Beecher Stowe
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

I'm thinking just below the ears. Leave it longer in front.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

onestop67 wrote:I'm thinking just below the ears. Leave it longer in front.

I really liked it when you had the "Kentucky Waterfall" going on! Sooooo Hot!
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
tawnylee
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by tawnylee »

business up front, party in the back? Did you have a denim tuxedo as well? LOL
“When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.”
~Harriet Beecher Stowe
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

tawnylee wrote:business up front, party in the back? Did you have a denim tuxedo as well? LOL

OMG!!! Tawnylee, I have not heard that in so long, I think I peed myself a little.

Ok, but seriously, why do men need to surf the net, play xbox while getting their hair done. I myself would be a little concerned with the outcome? How great of a haircut can you get while not sitting still? ? ?
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
aginger1
Board Meister

Post by aginger1 »

Excel Spa is Awsome. Janine has a great team that works with her and there are guys and gals that go. Prices are reasonable. Its on Pandosy. :sunshine:
tawnylee
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by tawnylee »

The gaming systems are just for while they're waiting I think. But they can watch TV while they're getting the cut done. I'm suprised they don't have a bunch of guys hanging out there all day avoiding the wife, lol.
~Harriet Beecher Stowe
SelectUsername
Fledgling

Post by SelectUsername »

I've been going to Sage at Chatter's in the Mall for a few years now, and wouldn't even consider letting someone else near my hair with a pair of scissors. My mom is the same way.
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

tawnylee wrote:business up front, party in the back? Did you have a denim tuxedo as well? LOL

White denim :rate10: :smt047
Scynite
Board Meister

Post by Scynite »

tawnylee wrote:For guys, I've heard great things about MVP for Men. Plasma's, play XBOX 360 while you wait, etc. Check it out! http://www.mvphairformen.com/locations.htm

MVP is a failure.

The widescreen TV's, leather chairs, shampoo, hot towel, scalp massage and complimentary 'beverage' is a smokescreen to mask a haircut that is no more skilled than a $10 cut at Zellers.

I recently went to MVP for the worst haircut I ever had. Unevenly cut, no styling at all. Utter garbage.

Is there no place in town that can give you an affordable stylish cut that stands out from the rest of the pack, rather than just grabbing the razor and buzzcutting you?
Don't get so mad, it's just my opinion.
shoo
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by shoo »

Both DH and I go to Rebecca at Cream Salon on Cooper. She is very talented and cuts even my impossible locks into a stylish manageable do. Dh is looking alot more dapper these days too :127:
As a bonus,they do your make-up after each appt. and often offer a fantastic hand massage!
Boda
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Boda »

Scynite wrote:
tawnylee wrote:For guys, I've heard great things about MVP for Men. Plasma's, play XBOX 360 while you wait, etc. Check it out! http://www.mvphairformen.com/locations.htm

MVP is a failure.

The widescreen TV's, leather chairs, shampoo, hot towel, scalp massage and complimentary 'beverage' is a smokescreen to mask a haircut that is no more skilled than a $10 cut at Zellers.

I recently went to MVP for the worst haircut I ever had. Unevenly cut, no styling at all. Utter garbage.

Is there no place in town that can give you an affordable stylish cut that stands out from the rest of the pack, rather than just grabbing the razor and buzzcutting you?

Go see Barry on Main St. Westbank.
He'll have ya looking like a Philadelphia Lawyer in no time!

Return to “Health”