Thoracic Outlet Syndrome

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
mott.hoople
Grand Pooh-bah

Thoracic Outlet Syndrome

Post by mott.hoople »

Anyone have experience with this illness?
These high thread count sheets feel amazing on my naked skin. Oh Oh... Here comes the Zellers manager. I wonder what she wants?
crash 99
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Thoracic Outlet Syndrome

Post by crash 99 »

Hi Mott.Hoople!

Not sure what you're seeking, but when I was 16 Drs "thought" that I had TOS. ~actually, they "thought" I had a lot of things ranging from TOS, to MS, to being born with an extra rib.... :137: :200:

~Have you, or someone else, been diagnosed?

ETA:
http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/thor ... oracic.htm

Maybe some information in here, that can answer some questions?
mott.hoople
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mott.hoople »

This seems to be one of those medical mysteries. Some doctors support it - but it seems our friends at ICBC do not.
These high thread count sheets feel amazing on my naked skin. Oh Oh... Here comes the Zellers manager. I wonder what she wants?
anniecat
Übergod

Post by anniecat »

Thoracic Outlet Syndrome is very real, and can be a very debilitating condition. Unfortunately, for those seeking compensation from ICBC it becomes one of those conditions that often can't be seen on an x-ray as it can be more of a "soft-tissue" ordeal...... so if ICBC can't see it, or can't prove it's there...well, that's too bad. I've had a few patients who were so debilitated by TOS they had to have their upper ribs removed just to stop the pressure on their nerves. Other times, it is nerves that are being compressed between two heads of a muscle, such as in your neck. Either way, it can cause pain, tingling, loss of sensation down into the arms and into the fingers and can really make regular activites of daily living miserable and uncomfortable.

I'm not sure what information you are looking for but if you have TOS, I hope you are able to seek relief through a massage therapist or physio.....don't let it get worse. With the proper course of treatment and at-home stretching and rehab exercises, it can definately make the world of difference. Good luck!
Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.
- Dr. Seus -

Return to “Health”