Cold FX - I'm a reformed Skeptic.

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Smuckers
Board Meister

Cold FX - I'm a reformed Skeptic.

Post by Smuckers »

Anyone here ever try Cold FX. I was completely sceptical untill I was desperate enough to try it. It has made my cold bearable. I'm impressed :sunshine:
dirtrider
Lord of the Board

Re: Cold FX - I'm a reformed Skeptic.

Post by dirtrider »

I'll have to try it next time...just to see (although I already take ginseng). It looks like it's an immuno booster with little or no side effects. I'll have to read up a little more tho', as there are pro's and con's to fx. I know one of the researcher on the con side and he was/is a very bright boy when I knew him, James McCormack...and for me, would have bit more weight as to what he is saying.

Here's the pro side:

".... The government safety review confirmed the safety profile of Cold-fX with no known side effects or drug interactions for generally healthy individuals. This is very rare as most approved medicines, including over the counter cough and Cold products, are associated with some adverse side effects. "

http://xrl.us/bhjab

The con side isn't that bad either....basically it said that there were no correlation between fx and actute respiratory ailments and that FX became statistically significant when they manipulated the data. ".....-- which suggests the ginseng had some therapeutic benefit. However, in each case, the "p value" -- the probability that chance explained the difference -- was high enough that these differences, by the researchers' own admission, were not deemed statistically significant.
It was only by combining the two studies that the result (nine per cent for the placebo groups versus one per cent for the ginseng groups) became statistically significant."

http://xrl.us/bhjaj

and this one...I guess I'll slug throug it later.

http://xrl.us/bhjay
tallcrest

Post by tallcrest »

A few groups need to be cautious about Cold FX. Due to the ginseng component of Cold FX, it has the potential to raise blood pressure so those with hypertension need to evaluate whether or not the product should be taken. Also, the ginseng components have the ability to affect the INR values for those people on blood thinners (ie: warfarin). Those on warfarin should speak to their doctor first before trying Cold FX. Just a heads up as this information usually goes unnoticed by the average consumer.
dirtrider
Lord of the Board

Post by dirtrider »

Good heads up tallcrest. I didn't know about ginseng and INR's....does ginseng actually affect cogulation or does it just screw up the tests for PT/INR?

edit to add: I looked it up, thanks, tho'. "Ginseng reinforces warfarin action by heterogeneous mechanisms. It should thus not be used in patients on oral anticoagulant and/or antiplatelet therapy."
sas11109
Fledgling

Post by sas11109 »

Tallcrest is absolutely correct about having to be cautious when taking Cold FX if you have high blood pressure (and even if you are currently ON blood pressure meds). I can attest to this with my experience. I have been on blood pressure medication for a few years. A couple of yrs ago I felt a cold coming on & had heard wonderful things about Cold FX so started taking it. In hindsight I should have read the packaging more carefully. This getting a cold stuff just happened to coincide with my regular visit to my doctor. When my doctor took my blood pressure that day it was crazy-high. My doctor was totally confused & really worried & kept asking me ..."are you doing anything different, taking anything different?" I said "No, not that I can think of ..oh wait a minute . I've been taking Cold Fx for 2 days". Bingo.
So, unfortunately I cannot take it anymore but geez! I thought it was really making a difference & I DO think it's great as long as you don't have high blood pressure. Now I have to just resort to products like Coricidin that have actually come up with stuff for people with blood pressure issues. Thankfully I haven't even had a cold since then.
blondewithbrains
Board Meister

Post by blondewithbrains »

My other half tried a medicine like Cold FX but it was called Cold MD...he found it at Walmart...it is similar but less expensive...based on the same ingredient, ginseng, it works basically the same way except Cold MD tells you when you feel something starting that you can increase your dosage...Cold FX only advises you to take their Cold FX Extra Strength product for 3 days...My other half already had a cold starting, got this Cold MD and did the increased doseage and it did certainly help with the duration of his cold...but by how much I dont know...
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance -- it is the illusion of knowledge.
Smuckers
Board Meister

Post by Smuckers »

I used the 3 day intense pack and I was in way better shape with it than not.

Return to “Health”