Stretch Cream

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Bretbaby
Übergod

Stretch Cream

Post by Bretbaby »

Anyone have any good cream recommendations from stretch marks?

Thank you kindly!!
tawnylee
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Stretch Cream

Post by tawnylee »

Lazer treatment, or if they're on your stomach, a tummy tuck.
Seriously, stretch marks are stretched skin that has scarred. No cream or "magic potion" is going to make them go away.
I've had 3 babies, and a few stretch marks, and found that tanning has made them fade a little. But don't start tanning to get rid of them when they're still fresh, it'll only make them worse!
“When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.”
~Harriet Beecher Stowe
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

"Oh, look! Baby's first artwork!" (It was the first thing out of the mouth of my son-in-law when my daughter acquired some stretch marks. Bless his sensible and loving heart!)
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

Deleted By Trip -
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
Snowbaby
Lord of the Board

Post by Snowbaby »

Cocoa butter. And Avon has a cream for stretch marks.
Bretbaby
Übergod

Post by Bretbaby »

I know cream won't actually make them go away, but I thought I read somewhere, or had a friend mention, that the cream can make them less visible or something? I don't know.

I have had scars that weren't too deep eventually fade too...... ??

Thank you to those that recommended different creams; I appreciate it!! :sunshine:
Snowbaby
Lord of the Board

Post by Snowbaby »

They won't go away....but they do fade.

Good luck with it!
ILLEffect
Board Meister

Post by ILLEffect »

I bought a tube of generic (no name) scar treatment cream for about $25 - it reduced the appearance of scars I had. I thought I would give it a try on years old stretch marks and it actually made them more silvery/white than the reddish/purple they were. Dunno if it would work on everyone, but it might be worth a shot. Other than that, time is pretty much the only thing that is going to make them fade.
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

Off Topic Deleted By Trip
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

BoB76 wrote:Off Topic, deleted by Trip

I think that your post is way off topic, and would suggest that you move your comments elsewhere.
One would think that if the other posters in this thread are ignoring you, you would consider that a HINT!

Trip
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

Triple 6 wrote:
BoB76 wrote:Off Topic, deleted by Trip

I think that your post is way off topic, and would suggest that you move your comments elsewhere.
One would think that if the other posters in this thread are ignoring you, you would consider that a HINT!

Trip

I don't take hints very well. And I do think I made a valuable suggestion to the problem.

Return to “Health”