Custom Made Bathing Suits?

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
eMeM
Übergod

Custom Made Bathing Suits?

Post by eMeM »

Help! Today was my first day at the beach for the year and I am officially at my wits end. I wore last year's suit and it still fits the same as last year - some women would be thankful, I am not - Every year I go through the same damn thing. I have an unusually large bust for the rest of me. Please before anyone starts yelling at me - I didn't buy them, okay? I'm trying my best to work with what I've got. Thus far, without much luck. If I try a larger size all around, my boobs still don't fit in the bust area and the rest of the suit is too big. I went to Fashion Foundations and that was damn near traumatic. Leopard print is for really hot chicks or old ladies - I'm neither. So I figure if I went to someone that could custom make a suit for me that would be great. I'm willing to pay up to $200.00 (give or take fifty) Any suggestions? I don't want to walk into the nearest alteration/seamstress shop without having an idea about their capabilities. Thanks in advance for any assistance. As well I'd like to add in advance to all the people with smart remarks - bite me. lol.
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
eyepop
Lord of the Board

Custom Made Birthday Suits?

Post by eyepop »

mm34DD wrote:Help! Today was my first day at the beach for the year and I am officially at my wits end. I wore last year's suit and it still fits the same as last year - some women would be thankful, I am not - Every year I go through the same damn thing. I have an unusually large bust for the rest of me. Please before anyone starts yelling at me - I didn't buy them, okay? I'm trying my best to work with what I've got. Thus far, without much luck. If I try a larger size all around, my boobs still don't fit in the bust area and the rest of the suit is too big. I went to Fashion Foundations and that was damn near traumatic. Leopard print is for really hot chicks or old ladies - I'm neither. So I figure if I went to someone that could custom make a suit for me that would be great. I'm willing to pay up to $200.00 (give or take fifty) Any suggestions? I don't want to walk into the nearest alteration/seamstress shop without having an idea about their capabilities. Thanks in advance for any assistance. As well I'd like to add in advance to all the people with smart remarks - bite me. lol.

just go to the nude beach,
please.

Übergod

Re: Custom Made Birthday Suits?

Post by eMeM »

eyepop wrote:
mm34DD wrote:Help! Today was my first day at the beach for the year and I am officially at my wits end. I wore last year's suit and it still fits the same as last year - some women would be thankful, I am not - Every year I go through the same damn thing. I have an unusually large bust for the rest of me. Please before anyone starts yelling at me - I didn't buy them, okay? I'm trying my best to work with what I've got. Thus far, without much luck. If I try a larger size all around, my boobs still don't fit in the bust area and the rest of the suit is too big. I went to Fashion Foundations and that was damn near traumatic. Leopard print is for really hot chicks or old ladies - I'm neither. So I figure if I went to someone that could custom make a suit for me that would be great. I'm willing to pay up to $200.00 (give or take fifty) Any suggestions? I don't want to walk into the nearest alteration/seamstress shop without having an idea about their capabilities. Thanks in advance for any assistance. As well I'd like to add in advance to all the people with smart remarks - bite me. lol.

please.

I said going to Fashion Foundations was traumatic enough, I don't want to traumatize anyone else, okay? But thanks for the vote of confidence - it's appreciated.

ETA: Unless that's a smart remark (which it could be, knowing you). If that's the case then my earlier comment stands: Bite me.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Custom Made Bathing Suits?

Post by gardengirl »

There used to be a company in Penticton that made custom suits. I can't remember the name.
I will try to do some research.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

If you like the retro look for swimwear, there are some pretty nice designs here and their sizing seems to be quite comprehensive: http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/swimwear.html They offer a full refund policy, so ordering online isn't a hassle.
eMeM
Übergod

Post by eMeM »

Jo wrote:If you like the retro look for swimwear, there are some pretty nice designs here and their sizing seems to be quite comprehensive: http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/swimwear.html They offer a full refund policy, so ordering online isn't a hassle.

Good to know Jo, thanks for the link. What I really want is to be able to go in, throw them one of my 36 - H bras and have them measure out the rest. Easier said than done. I know I'm not gonna get much sympathy from most, but what I do get is much appreciated. If I can (for once in my life) have a bathing suit I'm (even somewhat) comfortable in, I think it's worth it.
eyepop
Lord of the Board

Post by eyepop »

mm36H wrote:Good to know Jo, thanks for the link. What I really want is to be able to go in, throw them one of my 36 - H bras and have them measure out the rest. Easier said than done. I know I'm not gonna get much sympathy from most, but what I do get is much appreciated. If I can (for once in my life) have a bathing suit I'm (even somewhat) comfortable in, I think it's worth it.

please.

Generalissimo Postalot

Re:

Post by JonyDarko »

eyepop wrote:
mm36H wrote:Good to know Jo, thanks for the link. What I really want is to be able to go in, throw them one of my 36 - H bras and have them measure out the rest. Easier said than done. I know I'm not gonna get much sympathy from most, but what I do get is much appreciated. If I can (for once in my life) have a bathing suit I'm (even somewhat) comfortable in, I think it's worth it.

please.

PLEASE
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

Have you considered buying separates? You don't have to go the bikini route, but rather a tankkini (I think that's what they are called).

ETA ~ Here are a couple links to check out.

http://www.canada.com/topics/lifestyle/ ... 56aa445815

http://www.truesuit.com/order-swimwear.php

~D
eMeM
Übergod

Post by eMeM »

Thanks so much to the girls for all your help. I received a PM with the name of someone that makes suits locally, so I'll try and track her down. (Maybe it's someone's idea of a joke and the address is actually that of the nude beach! LOL)
Born_again
Guru

Post by Born_again »

:dyinglaughing: Did the address look a little bit like?:
3 Granite Rocks,
Dessous le Willows,
Antlers Beach,
Hwy#97 South
V0H 38F
Peachland.
British Columbia.
Canada
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

if you google quite a few links come up ( I used large breasted as the key phrase) There is a place that ships for free, you can pick the colors and patterns and styles, and they do up to a 44HH
http://www.sonsie-swimwear.com/large-bust-bikini.html
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Baba O'Riley
Lord of the Board

Post by Baba O'Riley »

CoffeeCanuck wrote:Have you considered buying separates?

That's what I was going to suggest, CC! There's some really nice separates out there and you can get get different sizes for top & bottom.
The more people I meet, the more I like my dog.
toru_msb
Fledgling

Post by toru_msb »

normaM wrote:if you google quite a few links come up ( I used large breasted as the key phrase)

I'm sorry that I can't contribute to the thread but my mind boggles at the understatement! :200: :dyinglaughing:
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Here's a link for a gal in Calgary.

http://www.canada.com/topics/lifestyle/ ... 56aa445815

Found a few more:

Reach The Beach Custom Swimwear
1820 Fir Street,
Vancouver, BC
V6J 3B1
Canada
(604) 732-1160

http://www.zenaswimwear.com/
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.

Return to “Health”