Laser Eye Surgery

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
the_zipper
Board Meister

Laser Eye Surgery

Post by the_zipper »

Laser Eye Surgery
Have you had it done ? If so Where? Are you happy with the results? How much did it cost?
dogman
Fledgling

Re: Laser Eye Surgery

Post by dogman »

the_zipper wrote:Laser Eye Surgery
Have you had it done ? If so Where? Are you happy with the results? How much did it cost?

Yes I had it done a number of years ago.I had both far and near sight done.I was still under 50 at the time and they told me that as you get older your near sight could worsen again,which it has to some degree. You can in some cases have it done again later. Still don't wear glasses except for the really fine print.I think the price has come down quite a bit since I had it and the technology may be even better now.
I first went for a free consultation at the Tut Street clinic ,where you can watch someone getting it done and ask as many questions as you want.
No regrets of doing it.
SC1

Re: Laser Eye Surgery

Post by SC1 »

Had mine done at Vivid in Kelowna in Feb, best thing I've done in a long time, very happy. Was at a -10 prescription before, so basically blind. Now at better then 20/20 so no complaints. They're price was better then kelowna laser center and they're attitude was better as well. Ended up being $3200 for lasik, and i could see pretty much perfect the next day. PRK was a bit cheaper but way longer recovery. There was a few of "us" that shopped around (all ended up at Vivid) and had it done. One buddy had PRk, his vision took quite awhile to clear up (3+weeks).
If you can spare the cash, go for it, moneys well spent.
I got my driving lessons from MAD MAX -Road Warrior, Call me Lord Humungous.

Return to “Health”