Your Remedies

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Your Remedies

Post by Lady tehMa »

It's cough/cold/flu season people, and most people I know have got something. That's what you get with school-aged kids I guess. :127:

So what works for you?

A tip I got years ago is to nibble on candied ginger at the first hint of a sore throat. I haven't had strep once since I started doing that. It also settles a jumpy tummy.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Your Remedies

Post by Glacier »

I have found two remedies that always seem to cure what ails me - Rest and time.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Star Light
Guru

Post by Star Light »

Home made Chicken Soup.

There is also this product called Hive Healer Honey, purchased it from Planet Bee. Planet Bee Hive Healer Honey is the combination of all four bee products. Scientists say that bee products are synergistic, more powerful when combined together than they are individually.

The hive healer honey is a great way to get the benefit of all bee products from one. It has been reported exceptionally beneficial for persons with respiratory conditions such as bronchitis, asthma (although there is a warning precaution for asthmatics) hay fever and allergies.

Hubby had great success with this product when he was in the camp in Northern Alberta last year. Helped to boost his immune system.
Life is what happens while we are making plans for tomorrow
strwbrrydvl
Guru

Post by strwbrrydvl »

Lady tehMa wrote:A tip I got years ago is to nibble on candied ginger at the first hint of a sore throat. I haven't had strep once since I started doing that. It also settles a jumpy tummy.

Boiling an inch cube of ginger in a pot of water and drinking that works great too for when swallowing something more than liquid is too much.
Some people develop a wishbone where their backbone should be.
strwbrrydvl
Guru

Post by strwbrrydvl »

For plugged sinuses; put your face over a bowl of steaming water with a towel-tent over your head. Adding some menthol or eucalyptus oil enhances how the steam will open you up (even a tbsp of listerine does the trick). Another benefit is beautiful skin.
Some people develop a wishbone where their backbone should be.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Star Light wrote:Home made Chicken Soup.

There is also this product called Hive Healer Honey, purchased it from Planet Bee. Planet Bee Hive Healer Honey is the combination of all four bee products. Scientists say that bee products are synergistic, more powerful when combined together than they are individually.

The hive healer honey is a great way to get the benefit of all bee products from one. It has been reported exceptionally beneficial for persons with respiratory conditions such as bronchitis, asthma (although there is a warning precaution for asthmatics) hay fever and allergies.

Hubby had great success with this product when he was in the camp in Northern Alberta last year. Helped to boost his immune system.

I have asthma, so I would be cautious of that. But now that I've googled Planet Bee, I think I want to take my kids there! It says you can use honey on abrasions to help them heal . . . cool!

http://www.planetbee.com/products.php
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

strwbrrydvl wrote:For plugged sinuses; put your face over a bowl of steaming water with a towel-tent over your head. Adding some menthol or eucalyptus oil enhances how the steam will open you up (even a tbsp of listerine does the trick). Another benefit is beautiful skin.

I do the steaming often, usually in a very hot shower. I like the idea of adding the menthol or eucalyptus oils - what about tea tree oil? I use that in baths sometimes.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

20 minutes of daily exercise boosts immunity, and then sleep, sleep, and more sleep if I feel something coming on. I can't remember where the study is, but it's been working for me.

It may also have something to do with the hot sauce I get from my dad, best in the world, and he won't share his recipe. (old coot)
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
mlsram
Fledgling

Post by mlsram »

I haven't been sick in years. I believe the reason for that is because I work out with weights and do an hour or more of cardio 7 days a week. Due to work or social obligations I think I have missed 4 work outs this year so far. I am also a big believer in eating or taking garlic in pill form everyday helps prevent sickness. I cannot remember the last time I was sick..........
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Lady tehMa wrote:
Star Light wrote:Home made Chicken Soup.

I have asthma, so I would be cautious of that. But now that I've googled Planet Bee, I think I want to take my kids there! It says you can use honey on abrasions to help them heal . . . cool!

http://www.planetbee.com/products.php

I believe there is an Austrailian honey that heals wounds, would love to know if some of that honey is in this mixture. It is useful for diabetics with foot wounds.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

I've had this cold for 4 or 5 days now , its THE WORST one I've ever had . Just been miserable on this one . Ugh !
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
Lycoming
Fledgling

Post by Lycoming »

Who needs remedies when you can just prevent?

Eat a balanced diet, get enough sleep, and wash your hands often. Sprinkle with a bit of exercise and you're set.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

The balanced diet doesnt work for everyone Lycoming, trust me some people are not as able to process some foods like the rest or may be unable to eat some foods you could. It is great to say others are doing wrong just because it works for you. I dont often get sick either cos I do eat right but it is no guarentee and yes we all wash our hands. I know some people who are sick for other immunity reason and the right foods will help but it isnt all that will work for them. I also know people who eat totally wrong every day and never get sick. Also as far as getting enough sleep, you probably dont or never did work shift work. For some who works midnight shift or multi shifts that is hard to do as well but hey, someone has to work the bad shift.

Not only that but some might not be able for other reasons to eat properly, money, job etc. Remedies are good too so lets keep this going.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Garlic

Garlic

Garlic

I'm sooooo sick right now......... homemade soup for me tonight - Leek and Potato (with garlic)
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
cubafreak
Board Meister

Post by cubafreak »

That is so funny Gramma......I planned on posting garlic and then I read your post! Garlic is something I have pretty much every day and I am hardly ever sick,I don't know why but it seems to work! same as chicken soup!!!!!

Return to “Health”