Calgary radio station holds breast implant contest

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
prairieflower
Grand Pooh-bah

Calgary radio station holds breast implant contest

Post by prairieflower »

"A Calgary radio station is giving away breast implants in an online voting contest.

Amp Radio, a top 40 station, is calling the contest the "Breast Summer Ever" event.

From now until mid-July, anyone who submits a photo of themselves and an explanation about why they should win will get a chance at the grand prize of a $10,000 breast augmentation.

The response to the contest has been positive, said Kris Mazurak, the station's program manager.

"There is somebody out there that wants that prize. If it doesn't appeal to them, they won't enter this contest."

But regular listener Cara Casey said she is finding a new radio station.

"I think actually posting a photo of yourself and making your plea for fake breasts is a bit over the top," she said. "To have people vote on your chest, essentially, is quite degrading."

Mazurak says that people have to be at least 18 years of age to enter and nude pictures won't be accepted.

Judges will pick 10 finalists in mid-July based on the photos they receive and the reasons why the entrant wants the surgery. Then listeners can vote for a winner.

Amp Radio is following the guidelines for contests put out by the Canadian Broadcast Standards Council, he added."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/story/2011/06/14/calgary-breast-implant-contest-radio.html
http://www.cbc.ca/news/yourcommunity/2011/06/breast-surgery-contest-is-that-an-appropriate-prize.html

Personally, I think it is wrong. In this day & age when we try to teach our younger children as they come into puberty to love themselves and not what the media say they should look like or be like, we see something like this.

All this is telling someone that bigger boobs are better. Believe me, they aren't!

What do you all think?
lammmy
Fledgling

Re: Calgary radio station holds breast implant contest

Post by lammmy »

Taking advantage of dumb people is one of the easiest ways to make money. I think it's a ridiculous contest, but when you have heartless people wanting to make money, this is the way they do it.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

I should enter. And if they tell me I can't, I'll sue for gender discrimination.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
prairieflower
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by prairieflower »

Captain Awesome wrote:I should enter. And if they tell me I can't, I'll sue for gender discrimination.

:dyinglaughing: ya nut!
Tacklewasher
Übergod

Post by Tacklewasher »

Captain Awesome wrote:I should enter. And if they tell me I can't, I'll sue for gender discrimination.

Don't know about you, but I'm looking for a reduction

friggen man-boobs
GWH237
Fledgling

Post by GWH237 »

You could always have them implanted in a different part of your anatomy. lol Perhaps it will allow you to actually see over the steering wheel without leaning forward.
Mr. Personality
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr. Personality »

This is news?
If you don't like it, don't take part. There's nothing illegal here, so who cares besides those who want to win the contest and those self-righteous enough to believe everyone should think as they do.
normaM
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by normaM »

Tips for surviving the heat wave.
Drink lots of water
Don't test me

Return to “Health”