SARPE - Surgically Assisted Rapid Palatal Expansion

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
gail200186

SARPE - Surgically Assisted Rapid Palatal Expansion

Post by gail200186 »

I'm on a waitist for upper jaw expansion surgery in the next couple months. I'm just wondering if there is anyone out there thats had the surgery done or will be that I can share info with.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Re: SARPE - Surgically Assisted Rapid Palatal Expansion

Post by grammafreddy »

I had to google it to find out what it is.

Why do you want to have this done? Is it medically necessary?

I found this discussion about it (but maybe you have already done your homework and found a lot more info about it) ...
http://www.topix.com/forum/health/ortho ... SHC683IIP0

Seems not everybody is all that pleased with the results.

The Google Images are gross. I presume you have seen them?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
gail200186

Post by gail200186 »

Yes, it is medically necesary. My bit is so far off its grinding my teeth down. I have daily headaches, and I have huge gaps in my teeth.

I am 25 years old and just recently had my last two baby teeth extracted (my two upper cuspids). I have my adult teeth coming through the roof of my mouth, not the gumline, so they are wayy off. I have an overbite and a crossbite which means my teeth dont meet together properly and chewing food is wearing my teeth down because I cant chew efficently like other people.

The plan is to have the SARPE done and then realign my teeth with braces. Braces alone will only work temporarily. It would only be a matter of time before my teeth would start moving again. Having the SARPE treatment will fix the underlying problem.

I have done quite a bit of reaserch myself but I'm interested to see if there is anyone locally who'd be willing to share.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

I am familiar with the procedure, but don't know of anyone who has had it done.
I also have some issues with my bight. My lower jaw is larger than the upper and have lots of teeth in crossbite.
I have no cuspid rise and and completely locked in when my teeth clenched.

I have used a custom night guard to help with TMJ issues such as headaches.

I would be interested to know who you are working with and would like to know how it goes.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
gail200186

Post by gail200186 »

I've been seeing Dr. Allan in Kelowna as my orthodontist. He's fantastic and I trust his judgment. He noticed I have hairline fractures in my two front teeth, which not even my regular dentist has ever noticed or asked me about. When he asked me about it I was blown away he even noticed.

I'm seeing Dr. Bell in Kelowna regarding the SARPE surgery. He took out my wisdom teeth a few years back and I was very impressed with his work and professionalism, and as you can tell from my story...not even my wisdom teeth were very straight forward at all!

I'll keep you posted though.
gail200186

Post by gail200186 »

grammafreddy wrote:I had to google it to find out what it is.

Why do you want to have this done? Is it medically necessary?

I found this discussion about it (but maybe you have already done your homework and found a lot more info about it) ...
http://www.topix.com/forum/health/ortho ... SHC683IIP0

Seems not everybody is all that pleased with the results.

The Google Images are gross. I presume you have seen them?

Oh yes I've seen the images....and videos. I have a friend that works at the hospital thats told me all about the people she has seen come and go there having had the same surgery.

Return to “Health”