Cannabis possibly a cure for cancer

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Cannabis possibly a cure for cancer

Post by Fancy »

We've had discussions about this topic before and it seem the medical community refer to therapy and treatments, not cures. Cure implies successful eradication of disease, not just reducing size of tumours.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Slow down this is a forum.....Asking someone to legally stand by there advice on here is ridiculous and anyone taking it to mean medical advice is just plain ignorant. The title says it CAN not WILL....

I believe your claim elsewhere was that it "cures cancer". It will not, and cannot. (Or cannot , and will not - whichever way 'round you prefer).

Edit to add:

Quote sanfish: (OP)

Cannabis Can Cure KELOWNA Cancer Cases

"Can Cannabis cure people living in KELOWNA of Cancer(and many other diseases) ?....the question is rhetorical and the answer is YES!

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
sanfish
Lord of the Board

Post by sanfish »

Fancy wrote:We've had discussions about this topic before and it seem the medical community refer to therapy and treatments, not cures. Cure implies successful eradication of disease, not just reducing size of tumours.

Yes I'm well aware of what cure implies which is why I used the word! It is up to each person to choose their own path in life! I am merely presenting a truth! It is up to individuals to do their own research and ask their own questions!

Now as for what they already admitting it does isn't that enough of a start? Don't even get me started on what it can do for people if they take it properly BEFORE they get sick in the first place(which is why it should be legal and left alone in the first place!)

Regulation and "taxing the hell out of it" is a recipe for disaster and does nothing but set the policy up for failure.
LordEd
Guru

Re: Cannabis Can Cure KELOWNA Cancer Cases

Post by LordEd »

gman313 wrote:Slow down this is a forum.....Asking someone to legally stand by there advice on here is ridiculous and anyone taking it to mean medical advice is just plain ignorant. The title says it CAN not WILL....

The title is "can". His statement is (my underline) "it is FULL-OUT far better than the hard DRUGS the pharm companies make to give us"

"it is" is significantly different than "it might", "it could", "it can". Taking medical advice from a forum is a bad idea in general of course.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

"it is FULL-OUT far better than the hard DRUGS the pharm companies make to give us"

Total nonsense, and I can make that statement from first hand experience.

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
sanfish
Lord of the Board

Post by sanfish »

NAB wrote:
Slow down this is a forum.....Asking someone to legally stand by there advice on here is ridiculous and anyone taking it to mean medical advice is just plain ignorant. The title says it CAN not WILL....

I believe your claim elsewhere was that it "cures cancer". It will not, and cannot.

Nab

It HAS....... It DOES and will most likely continue TO

Again not a magic bullet so to speak but has a better than 50-50 chance( no exact number given as I wouldn't want lord holding me legally responsible)

As I started by saying its best for people to do their own research and search their own hearts! Shouldn't blindly listen to me just like you probably shouldn't listen to anyone!!!!....especially those with a financial interest in a particular answer.

All I'm saying is since it is harmless at worst , has many openly admitted benefits, and CAN POSSIBLY save even one life should it just not be left alone as the natural plant that it is
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

NAB wrote:
"it is FULL-OUT far better than the hard DRUGS the pharm companies make to give us"

Nab

How long did you smoke pot for?
They say you can't believe everything they say.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

zzontar wrote:
NAB wrote:

Nab

How long did you smoke pot for?

I have never smoked pot.

Nab
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

I had someone very close die of stomach cancer. When it was suggested that pot could promote an appetite, lessen nausea and pain, and possibly shrink the cancer without being completely out of it, I was looked at like I was insane. The decision was made to be spaced out on morphine instead. It's sad that a false stigma still persists.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

When a serious cancer patient (i.e. a terminal type of cancer) gets to the point of needing morphine, there's not a damned thing pot can do to help.

Nab
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

It may have its uses, but it's not completely benign according to studies.

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2 ... ana-study/

Easing someone's pain by a professional wouldn't entail the use of marijuana around here I wouldn't think - especially in light of what Nab said.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

NAB wrote:When a serious cancer patient (i.e. a terminal type of cancer) gets to the point of needing morphine, there's not a damned thing pot can do to help.

Nab

... in your opinion.

Edit: Without ever having tried it, your opinion on how much pain it relieves or how it can increase your appetite doesn't hold much if any water.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

zzontar wrote:
NAB wrote:When a serious cancer patient (i.e. a terminal type of cancer) gets to the point of needing morphine, there's not a damned thing pot can do to help.

Nab

... in your opinion.

Nope, if it was just my "opinion", I would have said so. First hand experience and a long list of cases involving most of the most common forms of cancer.

Nab
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

NAB wrote:
zzontar wrote:

Nab

... in your opinion.

Nope, if it was just my "opinion", I would have said so. First hand experience and a long list of cases.

Nab

So the government allows people to take marijuana for medical purposes because there are no medical benefits?

This is from a cancer research website, not a pro=pot website:

http://www.cancerlinksusa.com/chemo/mar ... cancer.asp

There has been much interest in the use of marijuana to treat a number of medical problems, including chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting in cancer patients. Two forms of marijuana have been used: compounds related to the active chemical constituent of marijuana taken by mouth and marijuana cigarettes. Dronabinol (Marinol®), a synthetic form of the active marijuana constituent delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), is available by prescription for use as an antiemetic. In 1985, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved its use for the treatment of nausea and vomiting associated with cancer chemotherapy in patients who had not responded to the standard antiemetic drugs.

Marijuana cigarettes have been used to treat chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting, and research has shown that THC is more quickly absorbed from marijuana smoke than from an oral preparation.

Anorexia, the loss of appetite or desire to eat, is the most common symptom in cancer patients. It may occur early in the disease process or later, in cases where the cancer progresses.

I guess getting the munchies wouldn't be a bad thing, I'll bet I can come up with a much longer list of cancer patients who found it more beneficial than not.
sanfish
Lord of the Board

Post by sanfish »

NAB wrote:
zzontar wrote:

Nab

... in your opinion.

Nope, if it was just my "opinion", I would have said so. First hand experience and a long list of cases involving most of the most common forms of cancer.

Nab

Well thats the thing with opinions....everybody has them( admittedly myself as well) but there are definitely facts that already back up the benefits to many and the CURE to some . And this is with it being illegal and it's benefits suppressed (just imagine if it was left open for people to find out for themselves).

Oh and of course an argument can be made that smoking anything can be bad for you! I'm sure no one would disagree that carrots are good for you but people would say your nuts if you dried up the shavings and smoked them! That's why the cure or "cure"( for apparent legal reasons) should be taken as an oil from the bud. It can even be ingested in such tiny doses that the user won't even get "high"( although why anyone would do that I'm not sure lol). It's even been given a nickname "Phoenix tears" and theres lots of information out there by people with zero financial motivation.

I know this is an emotional subject as cancer is something which somehow affects each and everyone of ours lives!!!! I mean no disrespect and am truly sorry for anyone's loss!!!! There is ZERO good reason for it to remain illegal and many great ones to start asking the right questions ! For if there is even a glimmer of a hope of stopping this indiscriminate killer known as cancer (along with the already admitted beneficial qualities ) then isn't that enough to immediately repeal the laws or at the very least have open and real studies to find out the truth(whatever that may be)?

Return to “Health”