whatwhat wrote:
Care to share a source?

Yep,

http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-an ... our-hands/
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Vegetarian or Vegan groups?

Post by Silverstarqueen »

I thought it might be nice to eat vegan for health reasons and for the sake of the animals not eaten. I found i actually could survive on a vegan diet, and it tasted alright. The problem was, i gained weight, in fact i was thirty pounds heavier than on my current diet. So that was not working for me. And I discovered that my blood sugar goes too high with all the beans, and carbs.And I was very sluggish for some reason that I could not figure out at the time. In order to be thirty pounds lighter on a vegan diet, I would have to run a lot of miles, not an option at my age. or starve myself, which is not quite my idea of a workable diet. At any rate, i have found a diet which feels a lot healthier for me. more power to the vegans who can make a go of it, or exercise enough to burn off the carbs. A steer is going to have to die once in a while to keep me supplied with protein. and my chickens will just have to adjust to the fact that I am taking their eggs to eat. I do know a farmer who raises his animals in a very happy environment, so maybe we should be encouraging or requiring more farm operations to treat their animals humanely. For those of us who are never going to go completely vegan.

Return to “Health”