Diabetes

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Diabetes

Post by Thinktank »

I just realized something. All those years I spent "learning" about the world, listening to the Peter Mansbridges, the Gloria Macarenkos, the Rick Webbers, the Claudia Ceglarzs, the Mike Robertses, I don't know a thing about diabetes. There's a good reason for that. The news is supposed to keep us dumb, by giving us little fragments of information but never never telling us the whole story because that would take more than thirty seconds. So we all end up, like me, all these years later, not knowing anything about a major disease in Canada that will affect nearly 20% of us. It seems to me when people go to their doctor, they are trusting the doctor to know something about the disease, because they are completely ignorant. That's not good to be ignorant.

But no one is born with diabetes. Zero people on earth are born with diabetes. So what's going on?

What is diabetes?
Why do some people get it and others don't?
Would you have to be completely nuts to start taking medication, without even learning what caused the disease?
And how can you get rid of it without drugs from your doctor, which don't work anyway?

Discuss. In your own words. What do you know about this BIG Canadian problem?
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Diabetes: Why we are clueless

Post by Fancy »

Strange you wouldn't know anything about diabetes. It's been in the news and recently too.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatche ... -1.3933762
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote:But no one is born with diabetes. Zero people on earth are born with diabetes.

This study is about infant and toddler diabetes:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2828228/

Thinktank wrote:Would you have to be completely nuts to start taking medication, without even learning what caused the disease?

Yes, if you don't have diabetes.

Thinktank wrote:What is diabetes?

There is zero reason not to know about this:
http://www.diabetes.ca/about-diabetes/s ... d-symptoms
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

What is Diabetes?
Diabetes is a disease that occurs when your blood glucose, also called blood sugar, is too high. Blood glucose is your main source of energy and comes from the food you eat. Insulin, a hormone made by the pancreas, helps glucose from food get into your cells to be used for energy. Sometimes your body doesn’t make enough—or any—insulin or doesn’t use insulin well. Glucose then stays in your blood and doesn’t reach your cells.

Over time, having too much glucose in your blood can cause health problems. Although diabetes has no cure, you can take steps to manage your diabetes and stay healthy.

Sometimes people call diabetes “a touch of sugar” or “borderline diabetes.” These terms suggest that someone doesn’t really have diabetes or has a less serious case, but every case of diabetes is serious.

Read more here:
https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-inform ... s-diabetes
http://www.diabetes.ca/about-diabetes/types-of-diabetes

Think tank type 1 diabetes, one can be born with it aka juvenile diabetes

Added later: 2 major silence killers type 2 Diabetes & Hypertension
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I am Type 2 Diabetic and am quite well informed on the subject.

It would seem that the title of the thread is misleading. It is in the plural and should be in the singular.
So I saw a bumper sticker today that said, I'm a Veterinarian so I drive like an animal.
I suddenly realised how many Proctologists are on the road!
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

So they're trying to tell us two out of every ten people in Saskatchewan are either pre-diabetic or unaware they are pre-diabetic, and one out of every ten people in that province ARE diabetic. Although CBC has lied before, and I don't trust a word they say, (or a word the doctors say) it looks like we can use diabetics in Canada as the canary in the coal mine. "We" (all of us) are doing something insanely wrong in this country when it comes to our food.

Insanely wrong. I think I have an idea what it is we're all doing wrong. Anyone want to hear the answer?

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote:So they're trying to tell us two out of every ten people in Saskatchewan are either pre-diabetic or unaware they are pre-diabetic, and one out of every ten people in that province ARE diabetic. Although CBC has lied before, and I don't trust a word they say, (or a word the doctors say) it looks like we can use diabetics in Canada as the canary in the coal mine. "We" (all of us) are doing something insanely wrong in this country when it comes to our food.

Insanely wrong. I think I have an idea what it is we're all doing wrong. Anyone want to hear the answer?
That's hilarious - not believing anyone that is an authority on the subject. CBC only repeated what they were told.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

so no one else thinks it's weird that that the experts are saying nearly one third of the
people in Saskatchewan are in big trouble, health wise?

Indigenous people are five times more likely to get diabetes?

Poor people are more likely to get diabetes?

60% more people are getting diabetes than ten years ago?

Anyone think that's weird?

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I would expect the experts have a better idea of the reality of the situation so I don't think it's weird they are saying that at all.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The report, which was released this week, gets into more detail in the barriers Indigenous people face in effectively preventing and managing diabetes.
High food prices and food insecurity, as well as social determinants of health like inadequate housing and low level of education, play a role.

http://www.mbcradio.com/index.php/mbc-news
The report may be a little alarming but certainly not weird.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

One of the ways of getting type 2 diabetes is by having uncontrolled hypertension. They kinda go hand in hand if have type 2, sooner or later hypertension will tag along. Same another way around if you have hypertension sooner or later type 2 will tag along.

Easy cure for both, change ones diet & exercise which equals losing those unnecessary pounds. As your fitness improves ones hypertension lowers and/or glucose levels even out.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

GordonH wrote:One of the ways of getting type 2 diabetes is by having uncontrolled hypertension. They kinda go hand in
Easy cure for both, change ones diet & exercise

Doctors tell people to take Metformin

which guarantees trouble later in life.

Experts?

Joke.

GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:One of the ways of getting type 2 diabetes is by having uncontrolled hypertension. They kinda go hand in
Easy cure for both, change ones diet & exercise

Thinktank wrote:Doctors tell people to take Metformin

which guarantees trouble later in life.

Experts?

Joke.

Metformin should never be the long term fix, the long term fix I've already said here it is again.

GordonH wrote:Easy cure for both, change ones diet & exercise which equals losing those unnecessary pounds. As your fitness improves ones hypertension lowers and/or glucose levels even out.
Lemmys_76

Post by Lemmys_76 »

I have a friend recently diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes that is having a difficult time with changing habits and managing his illness.

I'm trying to convince him to follow a very low carb, moderate protein, high fat diet (LCHF) to lose weight and maybe even reverse his Type 2 diabetes. This has been proven possible.

I was pre-diabetic and am presently eating this way. Down 30 pounds and blood work is now normal. No strenuous exercise required, just my dog taking me for walks.

People are so resistant to giving up sugar and grains, but once you've gone through withdrawal (yes, it's an addiction), you don't miss the foods that cause your insulin to spike. Feeling well again is worth it.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

The CURE for diabetes - what they don't want you to know.

Post by Thinktank »

So they're calling it an "economic tsunami" over at diabetes.ca. Diabetes costs Canadians $13 billion/year and it'll soon be $18 billion and no one wants people to know how to avoid the 'disease' because it's big money treating the disease and we all know how much people "LOVE" money.

THE SOLUTION

But I've found a solution. Every supermarket has two types of food. There are the food produced by the big corporations that control almost all the food we eat, that comes in nice packages, and the second type of food is the food that comes from farms, produced by farmers.

^ that's food that is produced by farmers. Eat a variety of that type of food. Remember money should be
a concern when it comes to food. Never go cheap.

^ Food produced by farmers.

^^^ There is your problem. Supermarket shelves are loaded with foods from the BIG TEN, TOP TEN corporations that control almost everything we eat. This food is so poor in nutrition, the body is forced to rob nutrients from it's reserves just to digest such junk. Sugar. Chemicals. Crap. But it tastes good, and poor people love the stuff.

To avoid diabetes it's simple. Don't buy crap from the ten corporations, but instead get all your food from farmers.
Don't eat food that is addictively tasty. Just eat simple nutritious food, and don't go cheap when it comes to food. Poverty is one of the things that produces diabetes - Canadian First Nations women face 87% lifetime risk of diabetes, study warns.

Now, I deserve about $10,000 for solving a $17 billion Canadian problem. Do you think Justin Trudeau will send me the money?

http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2013/11/1 ... the-world/
https://globalnews.ca/news/2948571/cana ... udy-warns/
viewtopic.php?f=95&t=70745&hilit=+diabetes

Return to “Health”