Wheat/grain free eating

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Wheat/grain free eating

Post by Queen K »

Jflem1983 wrote:Tried it . Liked it. Really started to feel better.
When i fell off the wagon with it . I never went back to eating like that . Should have stayed with it. My guts always ache. When i was eating grain free i felt better

Should you not get that investigated? :135:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Queen K wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:Tried it . Liked it. Really started to feel better.
When i fell off the wagon with it . I never went back to eating like that . Should have stayed with it. My guts always ache. When i was eating grain free i felt better

Should you not get that investigated? :135:

Na. Just be more bs meds . I know its self inflicted. Just told u when i ate better it went away.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

You did, but there may be underlying issues. But okay :D
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
RustyCrayon
Board Meister

Post by RustyCrayon »

Queen K wrote:
RustyCrayon wrote:Update:
It has been almost a week of grain and wheat free eating for me. I'm also trying to cut out sugar as much as possible.
The first few days were difficult. Felt lousy, almost like I was coming down with something. But now I'm feeling a lot better. I have way more energy. Mood is more even. No more crazy highs and lows. I'm no longer bloated.

And I lost 5 pounds!
...which I'm guessing was mostly water.

The most important part is that I feel a lot better though. So I'll keep at it.

Is there another up date for us Rusty Crayon? I'm feeling low and wish to explore cutting carbs too.

Things are good! No more weight loss. But I don't really need to lose any weight. Overall I feel a lot better. More energy and no crazy lows, which is great. Less bloated. My skin looks better too. I have a history of um...loose stools (TMI :sosorry: ) My family all have chronic diarrhoea/IBS. Since eliminating the wheat, grains, sugar and most carbs, my bathroom habits are what most would consider normal. I'm pretty excited about that! :smt045

I'd definitely recommend giving it a try Queen K. As I mentioned before, the first week is difficult, but you'll start noticing the difference in how you feel pretty quick.
two_shoes1mit
Board Meister

Post by two_shoes1mit »

I've been sugar and wheat/grain free for 2 months now. Lost 12 lbs, and have way more energy than before. Sleeping better and the bloating is gone. Would recommend the wheat belly detox, definitely.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I have to take my coffee without sugar now? :200:

Seriously, I know I have to cut back but totally without? I'm gonna dieeeeeeeeeeeeeee
two_shoes1mit
Board Meister

Post by two_shoes1mit »

Absolutely not. I use a sugar replacement, with zero calories, and you can't tell the difference.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

two_shoes1mit wrote:Absolutely not. I use a sugar replacement, with zero calories, and you can't tell the difference.

What are you using?
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I can't eat any sweetners outside of organic sugar now. The bad taste in my mouth just isn't worth it.
two_shoes1mit
Board Meister

Post by two_shoes1mit »

I use Xylitol.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

two_shoes1mit wrote:I use Xylitol.

Thanks but that gives me the runs so can't use it.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Lemmys_76

Post by Lemmys_76 »

Grain free and low carb, high fat diet for close to 2 years. I like Erythritol and then adding liquid pure stevia drop by drop until the sweetness is right. Erythritol is about 70% as sweet as sugar so the stevia is required. You probably already know that stevia alone is bitter. Together they work very well as a sugar substitute. I too tried Xylitol but experienced some evil digestive issues. That it will kill my pets if they eat it should have clued me in!
RustyCrayon
Board Meister

Post by RustyCrayon »

Lemmys_76 wrote:Grain free and low carb, high fat diet for close to 2 years. I like Erythritol and then adding liquid pure stevia drop by drop until the sweetness is right. Erythritol is about 70% as sweet as sugar so the stevia is required. You probably already know that stevia alone is bitter. Together they work very well as a sugar substitute. I too tried Xylitol but experienced some evil digestive issues. That it will kill my pets if they eat it should have clued me in!

The Xylitol didn't work for me either. Getting used to Stevia. I use the powdered version in my coffee and the liquid in other things. Some brands seem more bitter than others. Haven't tried Erythritol yet.
Last edited by RustyCrayon on Jul 26th, 2018, 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nom_de_Plume
Guru

Post by Nom_de_Plume »

I've been eating grain and sugar-free for two months now. It's something I'm planning on continuing for life. I'm trying to reverse my diabetes. (which I've had for nearly 27 years) I read this might work. So far it's working. I've dropped my NovoRapid insulin from 40 units per day to 16-20 completely dropped my Levemir long-acting insulin from 60 units to 0 and also stopped 1000 mg of metformin. (I don't miss those metformin side effects at all)
I've also lost 14 lbs but the weight loss wasn't my goal. It's just a happy side effect.
After the first month, the cravings for carbs went away.
Seeing I've been recording a food log forever, it's not a hardship to keep recording my food to ensure I'm eating the right calories/nutrition/carbs etc. I didn't have an issue with fibre or lack thereof. I've always consumed leafy greens. So no issue there.
I go see my endocrinologist on June 6th so he'll tell me if I'm on the right track.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
~ Terry Pratchett
budsy47

Post by budsy47 »

www.Knowthecause.com
Know The Cause dot com Doug Kaufmann all the way

I use honey in my coffee

Return to “Health”