Flu shots

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
MarilynG

Flu shots

Post by MarilynG »

I have been very sick in the past from flu shots. There is no live viruses in the shot itself. But I have learned there is a preservative called Thimerasol and that is what made me so sick. I went to our Health Dept and inquired. They knew nothing about it. So i visited a pharmacist and he advised me about it. I dropped into a vaccination clinic and a public health nurse told me that they get it for pregnant women. She said to come back the next day and she would have it for me. I got the shot and she made me wait for 20 minutes after,to make sure I was OK. We travel so I didnt want to go until I got the flu shot. I was told that they dont use thimerisol any more but you should inquire.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Flu shots

Post by Fancy »

Since this is a thread about flu shots, seems fitting to put this article here:

LINCOLN, Neb. — The latest flu data from the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services says 24 people have died from influenza-related causes this flu season, including five in Lancaster County.

The data, which was updated Friday, says of the 24 deaths, two were pediatric deaths. The average age of those killed from flu-related causes is 69. The data includes reports from September 30, 2018 through this week.

The numbers do not include another infant death that is believed to have been from the flu in Adams County. An autopsy is scheduled for this weekend to determine if the flu was responsible.

In the past week, more than 4,300 people were admitted to hospitals in Nebraska for flu symptoms, with just over 25 percent of those testing positive for the flu.

https://www.ksnblocal4.com/content/news ... 64641.html

More deaths that possibly could have been prevented by receiving the flu shot.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 21st, 2019, 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Another Saskatchewan life has been lost due to influenza, bringing the province’s total number of flu-related deaths to six since Sept. 1, 2018.

Three of those deaths have been unvaccinated children under the age of five.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4832264/sask ... mber-2018/
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

According to the Public Health Agency of Canada, as of January 10, there were 37 deaths in Canada due to the virus. Despite these figures, many Canadians have not vaccinated themselves and their children.

A media spokesperson for Northern Health has confirmed that you can still receive a flu vaccine this late into the season.

https://www.therockymountaingoat.com/20 ... available/
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

question, for anyone who gets the flu shot, if you do not catch the flu this season or any flu season how do you know if it was the flu shot doing its job [icon_lol2.gif] or maybe it was your immune system doing its job :smt045
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

For those with a lower immune system, there is zero reason to take a chance on not getting the shot. For those that have died, it is a good probability the flu shot may have saved them.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

figures, that's not an answer to my question,hard to answer the question when you already know the answer fancy :smt045
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
spooker

Post by spooker »

the truth wrote:question, for anyone who gets the flu shot, if you do not catch the flu this season or any flu season how do you know if it was the flu shot doing its job [icon_lol2.gif] or maybe it was your immune system doing its job :smt045

You won't know ... trying to debate using "argumentum ad ignorantiam" (absence of evidence) isn't going to prove your point ... what we can prove is that the shot is effective when used in the lab ... extrapolating from that gets us to here ... just as with any medicine, physicians do as much as they can (and are required) do but everyone knows that no two bodies are exactly the same ...
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

the truth wrote:figures, that's not an answer to my question,hard to answer the question when you already know the answer fancy :smt045
Take away the vaccine and you'll have more deaths. Pretty simple concept.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

keep feeding the lies
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Since people are dying from the flu that haven’t been vaccinated that would mean it’s the truth.
spooker

Post by spooker »

For those who might not be in favour of the vaccine, here's another option:
http://cycling.today/cycling-can-reduce-your-flu-risk-says-new-study/
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Corneliousrooster »

Fancy wrote:For those with a lower immune system, there is zero reason to take a chance on not getting the shot. For those that have died, it is a good probability the flu shot may have saved them.

Except when it doesn't - https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/news ... vaccinated

No other vaccine has such a broad scope of acceptance - You can't tell if it was the vaccine working or if you just randomly didn't catch the flu and if you do catch the flu the words like "may" "might" " better probability" "could" "should" are always present as - no lab testing or general population results correlate with what the claims state as reasoning.

even with the vaccination rate increasing it has had zero effect on infections or deaths..... weird!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Return to “Health”