Depression and other mental illness

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Re: Depression and other mental illness

Post by flamingfingers »

^^Yes, they do. They also publish Scholarly Articles, peer-reviewed practices and studies.

https://theconferencewebsite.com/conferences/psychiatry

Psychiatrists may also further specialize in various subspecialties:

https://www.bmj.com/content/328/7446/s162.4
Chill
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

I wish we all knew more about the subject.
In a way I feel guilty.

I had 1 good friend when I was living in Calgary over 20 years ago who started acting weird. I chose to not keep in touch with him when I moved back to BC.
He moved to Kelowna ( It feels weird but I assume to hopefully find me ) and bumped into me while I was working in the mall.
At that time I left him back into my life, but it wasn't long before he started drinking and acting weird again.
So I pushed him out of my life again.

A few years later another good friend of mine started going through similar changes.
In this case I was able to see first hand how someone losing their job, and girlfriend, and being forced to look for work around the country can effect them.
I know what this friend is going through and stood by him when he needs someone.

So now I feel that my first friend was having mental issues, and was probably crying out for help.
I never realized it until it was too late, otherwise I would have done things differently.
I haven't seen him in almost 10 years, and do hope he has gotten the help he needed elsewhere.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

stuphoto wrote:So now I feel that my first friend was having mental issues, and was probably crying out for help.I never realized it until it was too late, otherwise I would have done things differently. I haven't seen him in almost 10 years, and do hope he has gotten the help he needed elsewhere.

Thought about it... If you fell, would he catch you if he could? If yes, then yup... you are obligated to find out if he is okay.
Unofficial, unwritten rule on being a man number 42 or 43 " A friend in need is a friend indeed".
You will always wonder what happened. Go find him.
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

I wouldn't know where to start looking.
He is the type of person who is probably still using a flip phone and doesn't like the internet.
Even if his parents are still alive he at least made it sound like they gave up on him years earlier.
I may be working in the mall again this Christmas, so if he is still in the area I may see him there.
He always liked going through malls to check out the scenery walking by.
I always have an invitation to work at the mall during the holiday season and it can be fun.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

Castanet story Wings for Mental Health
Wings Restaurants are donating $1 for every order of Pumpkin Spice Wings on October 1st and 14th to the Amanda Todd Legacy
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... tal-health

I think it's a good cause, however I don't eat any meats.
I may still buy a good friend an order.

Return to “Health”