Arthroscopic Knee Surgery

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Arthroscopic Knee Surgery

Post by dirtybiker »

I had the same knee done twice, as truth had.
My knee would lock solid when bent.
First procedure to remove the majority of the issue,
then a heal time, then a second final clean and tidy.

Knocked out for both, pain moderate, not overwhelming.

It was around 1982 or '83.

Tis my good knee now.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Fancy wrote:
the truth wrote:unless something goes wrong :200: , it was no big deal ,easier than a dentist appt. imo

If you find it easier than a dental appointment then I'm good to go :D (I trust your opinion in this)

if your ok with a little pain, you will be fine, your body heals when it knows its in pain, pain meds help with pain ,but slow down the healing-your choice, to each his own

again i am only talking about what happened to me no one else
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

the truth wrote:your body heals when it knows its in pain, pain meds help with pain ,but slow down the healing-your choice, to each his own

I’ve never been told this by any doctor or surgeon I’ve ever had. Are you able to link to some further information on this?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Jonrox wrote:I’ve never been told this by any doctor or surgeon I’ve ever had. Are you able to link to some further information on this?

I've not been told this either as I don't take anything for pain normally so I looked it up.

Delayed healing may be due to failure of one or several steps in the healing process, caused by metabolic, cardiovascular, infectious, immunological or drug-related disorders. The principal drugs that can slow wound healing are cytotoxic antineoplastic and immunosuppressive agents, corticosteroids, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), and anticoagulants. In practice, when wound healing is delayed, it is best to keep in mind that a drug may be the cause, and to consider withdrawing any drug or drugs known to have this effect, in order to allow the wounds to heal.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23662318
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Fancy wrote:
Jonrox wrote:I’ve never been told this by any doctor or surgeon I’ve ever had. Are you able to link to some further information on this?

I've not been told this either as I don't take anything for pain normally so I looked it up.

Delayed healing may be due to failure of one or several steps in the healing process, caused by metabolic, cardiovascular, infectious, immunological or drug-related disorders. The principal drugs that can slow wound healing are cytotoxic antineoplastic and immunosuppressive agents, corticosteroids, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), and anticoagulants. In practice, when wound healing is delayed, it is best to keep in mind that a drug may be the cause, and to consider withdrawing any drug or drugs known to have this effect, in order to allow the wounds to heal.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23662318

beat me to it :up: i do not make this stuff up jonrox
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

The delayed healing isn't for the reason you suggested. You said the "body heals when it knows it's in pain".

It's not the masking of the pain that hampers the body's healing response. It's that the drug being taken can potentially have a direct impact on the healing process.

It has nothing to do with the amount of pain being felt. it's the drug itself potentially delaying wound healing, not the lack of pain.

Return to “Health”