Costco give up on social distancing?

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
rick55

Costco give up on social distancing?

Post by rick55 »

Was at the Kelowna Costco Saturday afternoon. Typically, a busy time. But Sat Oct 3 was the busiest I have ever seen the Costco, ever. The store was packed with shoppers, navigating their F350 shopping carts. The lineups at the cashiers were insane, threading all the way back past the clothing area. Part of this was caused by too few cashiers and Costco staff failing to manage the lineups. When I first arrived, I just walked right in and noticed almost immediately that the place was packed. There was NO effort by Costco to limit the crowd inside. None. Zero.

And, of course, the maskless folks were out and about (you know who I mean ... the "I'm too good to wear a mask and I don't care if I make others sick!")

Terrible, terrible failing by Costco floor management.
Even Steven
Guru

Re: Costco give up on social distancing?

Post by Even Steven »

Costco does control the number of people inside by counting the people in and out. The social distancing is hard to police and it's left to people to control.
Thebrewhouse
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Thebrewhouse »

People have clued in that this whole thing is extremely overblown.
Putting on a mask or social distancing is for show now... the majority know it isn’t doing anything for an extremely weak virus with a very low mortality rate, time to carry on with life, if you want to live in fear then the lot of you can stay at home.
Transient

Post by Transient »

Thebrewhouse wrote:People have clued in that this whole thing is extremely overblown.
Putting on a mask or social distancing is for show now... the majority know it isn’t doing anything for an extremely weak virus with a very low mortality rate, time to carry on with life, if you want to live in fear then the lot of you can stay at home.

People haven't clued into anything because the lot who are busy crying over wearing a mask are quite literally clueless.
Thebrewhouse
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Thebrewhouse »

Transient wrote:
Thebrewhouse wrote:People have clued in that this whole thing is extremely overblown.

People haven't clued into anything because the lot who are busy crying over wearing a mask are quite literally clueless.

Masks aren’t mandatory... nor should they be.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

Thebrewhouse wrote:[Masks aren’t mandatory... nor should they be.

If people would simply do what they can to help slow down the spread of this virus, there’d be no need to make ANY of the Public Health guidelines mandatory. But if a significant few continue to ignore the guidelines, and the virus continues to spread to the point our health care system is in danger of becoming overwhelmed, then it may no longer be possible to continue to rely on people to voluntarily do what they can to help protect others from catching a nasty disease.

Sad, but true.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
OldBlindDog
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by OldBlindDog »

Merry wrote:
Thebrewhouse wrote:[Masks aren’t mandatory... nor should they be.

If people would simply do what they can to help slow down the spread of this virus, there’d be no need to make ANY of the Public Health guidelines mandatory. But if a significant few continue to ignore the guidelines, and the virus continues to spread to the point our health care system is in danger of becoming overwhelmed, then it may no longer be possible to continue to rely on people to voluntarily do what they can to help protect others from catching a nasty disease.

Sad, but true.

It really is sad. I take the word of my doctor on health matters, but the conspiracy contingent would rather confirm their stupid biases with BS they read on the internet.
Richadio
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Richadio »

People have clued in that this whole thing is extremely overblown.

[/quote]People haven't clued into anything because the lot who are busy crying over wearing a mask are quite literally clueless.[/quote]

Masks aren’t mandatory... nor should they be.

It's all political theatre
Stores that have signs posted at entrances saying masks are mandatory, should change the wording to recommended until such time that a mandate does come into effect.
The WHO website even states that (un) social distancing should be at least 1 metre and not 2. They say that the 1 metre is safe enough.
FREEDOM's don't come from a vaccine, PRIVILEGE's do.
The TRUTH never denies EXAMINATION.
Replacement migration = White genocide.

Return to “Health”