Bkr. Covid Vaccine - does the Government sound confident?

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.
Lady tehMa
Buddha of the Board

Bkr. Covid Vaccine - does the Government sound confident?

Post by Lady tehMa »

Okay folks, let's get something straight. I'm not an anti-vaxxer. I get my flu vaccine and pneumonia vaccine and whatever else I need to stay healthy.

However. I will NOT be in line for the Covid vaccine anytime soon. I have concerns about the fact they've never made this type of vaccine before, and the rush on the timeline. And it REALLY does not help that yesterday CTV broke the news "CANADA TO IMPLEMENT ITS FIRST NATIONAL VACCINE INJURY COMPENSATION PROGRAM"!!!

Does that sound like they're confident in the safety of the vaccine? To me, that sounds like they're prepping for a whole bunch of people to have adverse reactions to this thing.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... zG5bomqH9Q
PLEASE use spellcheck. If that is too hard, consider installing the Grammarly (free!) app that will not only spellcheck for you (AND offer corrections!) but also make sure that your sentences are grammatically correct.

You're welcome.
Sparki55
Lord of the Board

Re: Covid Vaccine - does the Government sound confident?

Post by Sparki55 »

I've changed my mind in the last 2 days on the vaccine.

At first, I thought exactly as you did. The technology is new, the timeline is quick, there is no long term data is available.

I've been called an anti-vaxxer even though I have other vaccines for travel. I've been told I'm uneducated, that people making the vaccines and promoting them (government/ medical opinions) are not going to release a bad vaccine.

I've been accused of being selfish because I won't take a vaccine that will allow us to "get back to normal".

So I don't care anymore, It's not worth it to be accosted and ridiculed for my opinions or actions so I'll get my vaccine and see what happens. If it harms me and I end up with complications from it, at least I was on the smart side of history.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

They could have mixed wd-40 and Jack Daniels and put the 'OK' stamp on it just to give a fragment of hope....real or perceived...-anything to get the economy moving again.
I'm sure the vaccine is safe :smt045
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. Zero cuckery. You and 917 others hate this post.
typhoon44
Übergod

Post by typhoon44 »

Won't people feel more confident if they know there is a plan for the small percentage that sees side effects?
If anyone expected it to be a significant number we wouldn't agree to pay for it.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

whats the point in getting the covid vaccine, unless it can fight this new strain :200: https://www.castanet.net/news/World/319 ... ica#319871
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
typhoon44
Übergod

Post by typhoon44 »

the truth wrote:whats the point in getting the covid vaccine, unless it can fight this new strain :200: https://www.castanet.net/news/World/319 ... ica#319871
It is being studied, but so far there is indications that the vaccine will be effective against the new strains. Why not wait for data before freaking out?
Thinktank
Guru

Post by Thinktank »

Lady tehMa wrote:Re: Covid Vaccine - does the Government sound confident?
^ That's Ontario's Chief Public Health Officer - David Williams. He is powerful - maybe more powerful than God - millions of Canadians will do what he says, when it comes to this pandemic. The lives of millions of people are in his hands.

I cleaned up the audio and video for this video where Dr. David Williams and Dr. Barbara Yaffe are chatting before their media briefing. It's interesting to hear what is actually on their minds 'off camera' (sort of). Keep this in mind for the near future.
(the words were transcribed; I didn't add anything that wasn't in front of me)

Who is writing their scripts for them? These are 'top doctors' that are supposed to be guiding us through this pandemic! Talk your way outta this one!!

Do those two idiots sound confident, or do they sound like they get their info from Robert Redfield of the CDC in USA?

[icon_lol2.gif]
I especially want to thank everyone who has protected themselves from COVID-19 by getting vaccinated,” said Susan Brown, Interior Health president and CEO..... while nearly every VAXXED NHL and NBA player got covid.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

the real truth ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

the truth wrote:whats the point in getting the covid vaccine, unless it can fight this new strain :200: https://www.castanet.net/news/World/319 ... ica#319871
Read this and roll up your sleeve.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/video/go ... d=msedgntp
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Well, the Government sounds confident enough:
Nova Scotia will help pay for a COVID-19 vaccine for mink, but the British Columbia government says more research is needed to determine if immunization is an option for thousands of animals that will soon be banned from the province.

Nova Scotia's Agriculture Department said the vaccination program, to be launched soon at five farms until the end of December, is based on advice from veterinarian and medical experts as part of a trial offering 54,000 doses to mink farms in that province.

The province will split the cost with the federal government as part of previously announced funding for the agricultural sector, the department said in an emailed statement.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.5663201
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Zedi
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Zedi »

Multi food corporations giving a score to the food thats available .Bill Gates the biggest farmland owner in the US. The WEF pushing the great reset with how and what we eat. More corporate control over our lives just like covid. What could go wrong?

https://humanevents.com/2021/12/06/big- ... -underway/

Never in history do citizens benefit when the government implements more power and control, especially when the government and corporations are working as one.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

What's that got to do with vaccines?
Zedi
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Zedi »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 6th, 2021, 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

So nothing to do with vaccines nor the news item I posted.
:topic:
Even Finland is vaccinating minks.
Finland will begin vaccinating mink against COVID-19
https://www.euronews.com/2021/10/01/fin ... t-covid-19
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan

Return to “Bickering Room”