Coronavirus/Variants/Vaccine/Masks

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
User avatar
alanjh595
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 18682
Joined: Oct 20th, 2017, 5:18 pm

Re: Coronavirus/Variants/Vaccine/Masks

Post by alanjh595 »

The vaccine is starting to show positive results.

Local cases continue drop
New weekly cases in Central Okanagan dropped to 186 last week
The number of new COVID-19 cases identified in the Central Okanagan last week continued to drop relative to the week prior, to the lowest weekly number since mid-July.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... -last-week
Bring back the LIKE button.
FreeSpirit4Ever
Board Meister
Posts: 418
Joined: Jul 12th, 2021, 11:42 am

Re: Care aides forced onto leave

Post by FreeSpirit4Ever »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Oct 14th, 2021, 1:14 am
FreeSpirit4Ever wrote: Oct 13th, 2021, 10:15 pm

People who think they have the right to tell another person what to do with their body and what risks to take with their health are the epitomy of arrogance and ignorance and I see there are a few at least in this forum. They should all be ashamed of themselves.

You all have karma working overtime. Wait for it. :smt045
Tell that to these scumbags:
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... dle-School
“Scumbags”? It is a middle school for starters and those people are teaching those young people to stand up for what they believe in and that protest and free-speech are alive and well and the questioning authority is the name of the game and is important. Those protesters are brave and helping those children to be critical thinkers. Running around calling people scumbags is something that only immature ignorant people would do. People Who can’t think for themselves and are fearful.

Just an aside, but it looks like the vaccine puts on weight for some people and cut their heads off. That so-called parents wouldn’t even show her self.

These are not little children who are scared. Trying to portray these children as helpless helpless victims is hilarious they are a victim because they are being jabbd with a vaccine that is harmful to them, That is how they are being harmed and that is how they are being victims.

Many of you don’t have a clue what a real protest is. Google “four dead in Ohio”.
WESTman
Übergod
Posts: 1764
Joined: Aug 7th, 2006, 11:29 pm

Re: Coronavirus/Variants/Vaccine/Masks

Post by WESTman »

"Medical science is making such remarkable progress that soon none of us will be well."
— A. Huxley
FreeSpirit4Ever
Board Meister
Posts: 418
Joined: Jul 12th, 2021, 11:42 am

Re: Care aides forced onto leave

Post by FreeSpirit4Ever »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Oct 13th, 2021, 10:50 pm
FreeSpirit4Ever wrote: Oct 13th, 2021, 10:15 pm

People who think they have the right to tell another person what to do with their body and what risks to take with their health are the epitomy of arrogance and ignorance and I see there are a few at least in this forum. They should all be ashamed of themselves.

You all have karma working overtime. Wait for it. :smt045
So it appears there were 12 deaths at cottonwoods and yet people are criticizing giving the most vulnerable a booster shot, and requiring all staff to be fully vaccinated. The only thing which has made a dent in the numbers of serious cases of this virus has been the vaccine.
Imagine how terrifying it must be to be sitting ducks living in these nursing homes and some of the staff won't even get vaccinated. Now if they don't feel like getting vaccinated, great, go look after someone who is not at risk at the very least.
And there you are again changing the subject. Is that the best you’ve got? Try addressing the issue
butcher99
Guru
Posts: 5762
Joined: Mar 6th, 2005, 8:52 pm

Re: Care aides forced onto leave

Post by butcher99 »

FreeSpirit4Ever wrote: Oct 14th, 2021, 1:15 pm
“Scumbags”? It is a middle school for starters and those people are teaching those young people to stand up for what they believe in and that protest and free-speech are alive and well and the questioning authority is the name of the game and is important. Those protesters are brave and helping those children to be critical thinkers. Running around calling people scumbags is something that only immature ignorant people would do. People Who can’t think for themselves and are fearful.

Just an aside, but it looks like the vaccine puts on weight for some people and cut their heads off. That so-called parents wouldn’t even show her self.

These are not little children who are scared. Trying to portray these children as helpless helpless victims is hilarious they are a victim because they are being jabbd with a vaccine that is harmful to them, That is how they are being harmed and that is how they are being victims.

Many of you don’t have a clue what a real protest is. Google “four dead in Ohio”.
These are scumbags. What can kids at school do to change anything. You want to protest protest somewhere where someone will hear you not at a school or hospital. They are all scumbags for going there. They just know they will get coverage if they go to a school They protest with 10 people at city hall and they are lucky to even get noticed.

And you compare them to the protesters in Ohio who got shot by the US National Guard? Shame on you. Perhaps it is you that should look up what they were protesting about. It certainly was not about a harmless jab in the arm or missing a night out at a bar because they would not get that jab.
Bunch of losers all of them.
Vaccines are to stop you from getting covid. Don't get it can't spread it. Pretty simple.
User avatar
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet
Posts: 33707
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Re: Get my third vaccine shot!

Post by Glacier »

OKkayak wrote: Oct 10th, 2021, 3:16 pm If you honestly believe that vaccine hesitancy is based on or revolves around science, you're mistaken.

Vaccine hesitancy always is and always has been (long before Covid) based on political, religious and ideological nonsense. They keep bringing up the science card to try and convince themselves that their stance is somehow justified and logical.

You can provide all the scientific data in the world, and they'll continue to regurgitate their ignorance.
It's far more complicated than that. Certainly a lot of hesitancy is from the usual suspects such as the hippie new age naturalistic viewpoint, but most people I know who haven't gotten the shot have been vaccinated against everything else. I know one person in particular who was scheduled to get his shot, and backed out because he got suspicious with the lies being pushed by the government and media.
Last edited by Glacier on Oct 14th, 2021, 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The worst part about a 7 day lockdown is the first 4 months.
butcher99
Guru
Posts: 5762
Joined: Mar 6th, 2005, 8:52 pm

Re: Coronavirus/Variants/Vaccine/Masks

Post by butcher99 »

WESTman wrote: Oct 14th, 2021, 1:16 pm
Except when you watch that, that is not what happens at all is it. It is not what Gupta said at all. It is what CNN jokingly said about a bunch of right wing nutjobs taking ivermectin when they call it horse medicine.
On top of that, when Rogan got covid, yes he did take ivermectin but he took everything else they could think to throw at covid. If Ivermectin is so good why did he take all that other medicine
Vaccines are to stop you from getting covid. Don't get it can't spread it. Pretty simple.
nanita
Board Meister
Posts: 375
Joined: Nov 25th, 2020, 8:28 pm

Re: Care aides forced onto leave

Post by nanita »

butcher99 wrote: Oct 14th, 2021, 1:29 pm
FreeSpirit4Ever wrote: Oct 14th, 2021, 1:15 pm
“Scumbags”? It is a middle school for starters and those people are teaching those young people to stand up for what they believe in and that protest and free-speech are alive and well and the questioning authority is the name of the game and is important. Those protesters are brave and helping those children to be critical thinkers. Running around calling people scumbags is something that only immature ignorant people would do. People Who can’t think for themselves and are fearful.

Just an aside, but it looks like the vaccine puts on weight for some people and cut their heads off. That so-called parents wouldn’t even show her self.

These are not little children who are scared. Trying to portray these children as helpless helpless victims is hilarious they are a victim because they are being jabbd with a vaccine that is harmful to them, That is how they are being harmed and that is how they are being victims.

Many of you don’t have a clue what a real protest is. Google “four dead in Ohio”.
These are scumbags. What can kids at school do to change anything. You want to protest protest somewhere where someone will hear you not at a school or hospital. They are all scumbags for going there. They just know they will get coverage if they go to a school They protest with 10 people at city hall and they are lucky to even get noticed.

And you compare them to the protesters in Ohio who got shot by the US National Guard? Shame on you. Perhaps it is you that should look up what they were protesting about. It certainly was not about a harmless jab in the arm or missing a night out at a bar because they would not get that jab.
Bunch of losers all of them.
What the media fails to mention is that a lot of those 'scumbags' are parents. Same with the hit job a couple of weeks ago where they 'locked down' a school. Concerned parents. You seem to be of the mind that people should receive this drug against their will. A disturbing position.
LovemyBolt
Board Meister
Posts: 557
Joined: Jun 19th, 2020, 8:07 pm

Re: Care aides forced onto leave

Post by LovemyBolt »

FreeSpirit4Ever wrote: Oct 14th, 2021, 1:15 pm
“Scumbags”? It is a middle school for starters and those people are teaching those young people to stand up for what they believe in and that protest and free-speech are alive and well and the questioning authority is the name of the game and is important. Those protesters are brave and helping those children to be critical thinkers. Running around calling people scumbags is something that only immature ignorant people would do. People Who can’t think for themselves and are fearful.

Just an aside, but it looks like the vaccine puts on weight for some people and cut their heads off. That so-called parents wouldn’t even show her self.

These are not little children who are scared. Trying to portray these children as helpless helpless victims is hilarious they are a victim because they are being jabbd with a vaccine that is harmful to them, That is how they are being harmed and that is how they are being victims.

Many of you don’t have a clue what a real protest is. Google “four dead in Ohio”.
Leave. The. Minors. Out. Of. It. Even your hated political leaders and opponents don't go near having anything to do with their opponents kids. And very often spouses. Celebrities protect their kids and the press leaves them alone too (for the most part).
It's the decent proper thing to do.
Those protestors were apparently hassling the kids and interacting with them. Leave them alone! They don't need a friggin' civics lesson from the likes of the lunatic fringe. These protests should be happening in front of local/provincial/federal political and health offices where those actual decision makers do their thing.
User avatar
alanjh595
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 18682
Joined: Oct 20th, 2017, 5:18 pm

Re: Care aides forced onto leave

Post by alanjh595 »

FreeSpirit4Ever wrote: Oct 14th, 2021, 1:15 pm “Scumbags”? It is a middle school for starters and those people are teaching those young people to stand up for what they believe in and that protest and free-speech are alive and well and the questioning authority is the name of the game and is important. Those protesters are brave and helping those children to be critical thinkers. Running around calling people scumbags is something that only immature ignorant people would do. People Who can’t think for themselves and are fearful.

Just an aside, but it looks like the vaccine puts on weight for some people and cut their heads off. That so-called parents wouldn’t even show her self.

These are not little children who are scared. Trying to portray these children as helpless helpless victims is hilarious they are a victim because they are being jabbd with a vaccine that is harmful to them, That is how they are being harmed and that is how they are being victims.

Many of you don’t have a clue what a real protest is. Google “four dead in Ohio”.
If these protesters want to preach their beliefs to their children, we have NO say in that matter.

THEY DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO PREACH TO OTHER PEOPLES' CHILDREN.

How would it be if Christians protested Jewish bris outside a Mosque ?
Bring back the LIKE button.
DoubleB12
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 741
Joined: Sep 22nd, 2016, 2:19 pm

Re: Coronavirus/Variants/Vaccine/Masks

Post by DoubleB12 »

alanjh595 wrote: Oct 14th, 2021, 11:59 am The vaccine is starting to show positive results.

Local cases continue drop
New weekly cases in Central Okanagan dropped to 186 last week
The number of new COVID-19 cases identified in the Central Okanagan last week continued to drop relative to the week prior, to the lowest weekly number since mid-July.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... -last-week
Precisely...why so many still are arguing about this and that, doom and gloom. We are pretty much at the 10 yard line and it's 1st and goal. We may have to settle for a couple field goals, but the end zone is within reach and we should cross that line in early Spring 2022!! :smt045 :up:
User avatar
alanjh595
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 18682
Joined: Oct 20th, 2017, 5:18 pm

Re: Coronavirus/Variants/Vaccine/Masks

Post by alanjh595 »

DoubleB12 wrote: Oct 14th, 2021, 2:30 pm
alanjh595 wrote: Oct 14th, 2021, 11:59 am The vaccine is starting to show positive results.

Local cases continue drop
New weekly cases in Central Okanagan dropped to 186 last week



https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... -last-week
Precisely...why so many still are arguing about this and that, doom and gloom. We are pretty much at the 10 yard line and it's 1st and goal. We may have to settle for a couple field goals, but the end zone is within reach and we should cross that line in early Spring 2022!! :smt045 :up:
I don't understand all the Badminton terminology, but it sounds about right.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Kelownamade
Board Meister
Posts: 569
Joined: Aug 14th, 2021, 1:01 pm

Re: Joe Rogan is a hypocrite

Post by Kelownamade »

Fancy wrote: Oct 14th, 2021, 8:28 am
Kelownamade wrote: Oct 13th, 2021, 8:42 pm That just shows he was misrepresented. ....
lol good grief - he wasn't misrepresented - he clearly stated his position.
if you listened to the PODCAST, you would understand he has to make statements like the one you quote in order to appease the psychopaths who want to cancel him. He is managed by WME which has fully control over him. Enjoy your 1000 boosters .
Kelownamade
Board Meister
Posts: 569
Joined: Aug 14th, 2021, 1:01 pm

Re: Coronavirus/Variants/Vaccine/Masks

Post by Kelownamade »

butcher99 wrote: Oct 14th, 2021, 1:31 pm
WESTman wrote: Oct 14th, 2021, 1:16 pm
Except when you watch that, that is not what happens at all is it. It is not what Gupta said at all. It is what CNN jokingly said about a bunch of right wing nutjobs taking ivermectin when they call it horse medicine.
On top of that, when Rogan got covid, yes he did take ivermectin but he took everything else they could think to throw at covid. If Ivermectin is so good why did he take all that other medicine
Yes it is. Gupta is an idiot. He refused to admit cnn lied about Joe. THey did. Ivermectin is not JUST a horse medicine. RIght wing has nothing to do with INTELLIGENT. Please take your boosters. As many as possible. Its sooo safe. 19 year old beautiful women DEAD because of the vaccine. Anyone who is pushing mandates will end up in a world of hurt.
Silverstarqueen
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 18279
Joined: Jul 22nd, 2012, 8:02 pm

Re: Care aides forced onto leave

Post by Silverstarqueen »

FreeSpirit4Ever wrote: Oct 14th, 2021, 1:15 pm
Silverstarqueen wrote: Oct 14th, 2021, 1:14 am
Tell that to these scumbags:
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... dle-School
“Scumbags”? It is a middle school for starters and those people are teaching those young people to stand up for what they believe in and that protest and free-speech are alive and well and the questioning authority is the name of the game and is important. Those protesters are brave and helping those children to be critical thinkers. Running around calling people scumbags is something that only immature ignorant people would do. People Who can’t think for themselves and are fearful.

Just an aside, but it looks like the vaccine puts on weight for some people and cut their heads off. That so-called parents wouldn’t even show her self.

These are not little children who are scared. Trying to portray these children as helpless helpless victims is hilarious they are a victim because they are being jabbd with a vaccine that is harmful to them, That is how they are being harmed and that is how they are being victims.

Many of you don’t have a clue what a real protest is. Google “four dead in Ohio”.
The parents of any children in question are the only ones who should be making decisions, along with the children and on their doctors' advice. NOT protesters who have no business at schools and should go protest to the authorities not disrupt schools. Kids are not political pawns in the Anti-vaxxers' battle to misinform as many people as possible. Disgusting.

Return to “Health”