The lengths people will go to

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
mexi cali
Guru

The lengths people will go to

Post by mexi cali »

The thread this absolutely inflammatory and completely false statement was made in was locked and I couldn't let it go. This is the sort of garbage the avaxxers spew which are so easily discredited yet they continue to puke it up ad nauseum,

This is where the harm comes from because likeminded simpletons are at risk of actually believing this crap.
Well in Australia they are literally stealing kids by force from parents and taking the children to a stadium where 24 000 kids are being forcefully injected. What a disgusting time to be alive. I now see what the holocaust was like. It wasn't force, it was lying to gullible people and getting the dumb people to comply.
What Australian Health Officials Actually Said About Stadium Vaccination
In August 2021, government officials in the state of New South Wales (NSW) announced that, in addition to adults of most age brackets, high school students aged between 16 and 18 would soon be invited to get their first dose of the Pfizer vaccine at the Qudos Arena (also known as the Super Dome) in the state capital of Sydney.

After being largely spared the very worst impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, cases and deaths had surged in Australia in 2021, and the summer
had seen an outbreak of new cases in NSW, in particular, which is home to Sydney, the country’s most populous city.
From Monday next week [i.e. Aug. 9], at Qudos Bank Arena, HSC students in those eight local government areas will be invited to get the Pfizer jab, and most of those students are between the ages of 16 and 18 years of age. And we do encourage all students to make sure they come forward for that opportunity because, obviously, by the time everybody sits for the HSC exam, which is a requirement, we want every student from those eight local government areas to have been offered the vaccine and to have taken the vaccine.
Here's what they actually said; Got to the 8:20 or so mark. [youtube]https://youtu.be/AX5VqPkW-0w[/youtube]
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Re: The lengths people will go to

Post by gardengirl »

Sadly, the anti-vax parrots will shout this from the rooftops.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

It's really getting ridiculous the falsehoods and outright lies people are being allowed to post.

I'm all for free speech but some of the crap that's allowed boggles the mind when it is easily proven false.

I for one am very disappointed with it.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

gardengirl wrote: Aug 22nd, 2021, 3:11 pm Sadly, the anti-vax parrots will shout this from the rooftops.
it doesn't matter if something is shown to be false. A few days later another sheep will repeat what their shepherd has ordered them to spread.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Bsuds wrote: Aug 22nd, 2021, 3:13 pm It's really getting ridiculous the falsehoods and outright lies people are being allowed to post.

I'm all for free speech but some of the crap that's allowed boggles the mind when it is easily proven false.

Free speech is vitally important, but free speech does not give one the right to speak falsehoods.
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

Bsuds wrote: Aug 22nd, 2021, 3:13 pm It's really getting ridiculous the falsehoods and outright lies people are being allowed to post.

Allowing this is really a disserve to the health of our country. This isn't about peoples rights, it's about protecting the people that can't protect themselves and those at the highest risk of death. This type of falsehood supports the jamming up of our hospitals and reducing the availability for medical help that's not covid related. It puts us all at risk.
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

OKkayak wrote: Aug 22nd, 2021, 3:19 pm

Free speech is vitally important, but free speech does not give one the right to speak falsehoods.
I thought it did, otherwise how are so many people getting away with it.
If you are in favor of free speech, then you have to let crazy people stand on their soap boxes, and all the misinformation to be shared and shared again. Doesn't matter how illogical or how much fabricated, mis-represented information is presented. And if called on it, or falsehoods pointed out, suddenly the "free speech" of those trying to set the record straight is shut down, the personal attacks come out. There seems to be no basic rules of debate, like, start with the truth, and use logic, that's out the window for anti-vaxxers and covid-deniers.They don't care how often the FACTS are presented.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Aug 22nd, 2021, 3:26 pm
If you are in favor of free speech, then you have to let crazy people stand on their soap boxes, and all the misinformation to be shared and shared again. Doesn't matter how illogical or how much fabricated, mis-represented information is presented. And if called on it, or falsehoods pointed out, suddenly the "free speech" of those trying to set the record straight is shut down, the personal attacks come out. There seems to be no basic rules of debate, like, start with the truth, and use logic, that's out the window for anti-vaxxers and covid-deniers.They don't care how often the FACTS are presented.
Things are changing, at one point, falsehoods were simply brushed off, now they're ruining peoples lives - cancel culture, metoo, anti-vaxxers - they've pushed the boundaries of what free speech is about.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

On the other hand:

Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Despite "the lengths people will go to," the good news is that close to 85% of Canadians (12+) have received at least one dose of the vaccine and about half of those who haven't yet been vaccinated say they will get it done. Most people know that more people aren't dying from the vaccine than from the virus. They know that the vaccines have in fact been tested and they also know that most doctors have been vaccinated. In short, they are recognizing the nonsense coming from the anti-vaxxers.

For the most part the anti-vaxxers are very noisy and are only reinforcing their own conspiratorial beliefs. I know that most readers on here aren't buying into their rhetoric. Even one person taken in by the falsehoods is one too many though and that's why, tempting as it is, it makes sense not to let their ridiculous pronouncements go unchecked.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Aug 22nd, 2021, 3:26 pm
OKkayak wrote: Aug 22nd, 2021, 3:19 pm
There is no free speech on this forum! Which makes me wonder why so much of the Anti-Vax and Anti-Mask posts are not deleted.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

It's hard to know where the line is, if someone clearly makes violent threats, fingers shake at them. But if they are saying I have a right to infect and be infected even if it kills someone, that's okay. If they say, all you vaccinated folks are going to die, and I think that's fine, no problem, they can say that. But when someone speaks against that, it's too personal. We try to have a discussion of facts, (or at least evidence supported by something), but conspiracies against health ministers, government, and researchers are okay. It effectively shuts down reasonable discussion, which is exactly what anti-vaxxers want.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

^^ It's too bad because there are issues to discuss. Delphi and I were having a great discussion last night on the vaccine passport thread as we both realize that there are points to be made on both sides. While we may disagree about where the line should be drawn when it comes to something like a vaccine passport we were listening to each other. I appreciate his/her polite and considered thoughts. All seemed to be going well until someone made a reference to the Holocaust and the thread was locked.

We should be able to disagree without being uncivil and we should be able to look at the points that someone else is making and consider them thoughtfully. That civility has been lost on here and generally out there in society as well. Why is it so difficult? How do you discuss something rationally with people who post things that are clearly untrue? How do you discuss something rationally with people who make inflammatory remarks that get a thread locked? You can't. Very frustrating.
b7272

Post by b7272 »

Urbane wrote: Aug 22nd, 2021, 3:50 pm Despite "the lengths people will go to," the good news is that close to 85% of Canadians (12+) have received at least one dose of the vaccine and about half of those who haven't yet been vaccinated say they will get it done. Most people know that more people aren't dying from the vaccine than from the virus. They know that the vaccines have in fact been tested and they also know that most doctors have been vaccinated. In short, they are recognizing the nonsense coming from the anti-vaxxers.

For the most part the anti-vaxxers are very noisy and are only reinforcing their own conspiratorial beliefs. I know that most readers on here aren't buying into their rhetoric. Even one person taken in by the falsehoods is one too many though and that's why, tempting as it is, it makes sense not to let their ridiculous pronouncements go unchecked.
Its not about vaccine you think its gona be normal if everyone take two shots. you are dreaming . This is just a step toward losing your freedom .
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

b7272 wrote: Aug 22nd, 2021, 5:55 pm
Urbane wrote: Aug 22nd, 2021, 3:50 pm Despite "the lengths people will go to," the good news is that close to 85% of Canadians (12+) have received at least one dose of the vaccine and about half of those who haven't yet been vaccinated say they will get it done. Most people know that more people aren't dying from the vaccine than from the virus. They know that the vaccines have in fact been tested and they also know that most doctors have been vaccinated. In short, they are recognizing the nonsense coming from the anti-vaxxers.

Its not about vaccine you think its gona be normal if everyone take two shots. you are dreaming . This is just a step toward losing your freedom .

FYI There is no freedom in Canada. If it was a free country we would be living in horrific conditions.

Vaccines are an effective way to protect our medical system. Do you see small pox outbreaks in your community? How Polio?
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan

Return to “Health”