Authorization to check vaccine passports

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Authorization to check vaccine passports

Post by rustled »

GordonH wrote: Sep 6th, 2021, 8:03 am
Bsuds wrote: Sep 6th, 2021, 8:00 am

The same at every grocery store, why pick only on Costco.
Yep, grocery stores are considered essential service.
As are fast food restaurants, apparently.

Yup, people without vaxports can spend as much time as they like anywhere people with very little disposable income need to go.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
DoubleB12
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by DoubleB12 »

samsquench07 wrote: Sep 6th, 2021, 7:46 am Vax passport free at Costco. You can still run around wild with Covid there
My guess is that Bubbles...oops sorry samsquench is possibly a former or maybe a current "disgruntled" employee at Costco. The venue is quite often used in any post or reply from the "Green *bleep*"....oops sorry again...samsquench!!
DoubleB12
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by DoubleB12 »

rustled wrote: Sep 6th, 2021, 8:41 am
GordonH wrote: Sep 6th, 2021, 8:03 am

Yep, grocery stores are considered essential service.

Yup, people without vaxports can spend as much time as they like anywhere people with very little disposable income need to go.
Though people that shop at Costco, for the most part actually have a far amount of disposable income!!
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

DoubleB12 wrote: Sep 6th, 2021, 8:48 am
rustled wrote: Sep 6th, 2021, 8:41 am

Though people that shop at Costco, for the most part actually have a far amount of disposable income!!
Perhaps so - the few people I know who shop there do not.

Point being, people with the least disposable income are not getting the benefit of whatever protection these vaxports purport to be offering.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
jcdenton
Übergod

Post by jcdenton »

I'm happy that so many businesses will be refusing to enforce the passports, and I look forward to the court challenges that eliminate this ridiculous system.
The vaccine passports are anti-science. What Trudeau keeps saying in his campaign speeches is hate crime, he is deliberately trying to divide Canadians against one another. "We are all in this together" went right out the window.
Time4t

Post by Time4t »

I am not anti- vax- but will respectfully refuse to comply with any vax passport demand. Full stop. Looking forward to the court challenges: and it's time for a political recall petition/ initiative.
samsquench07
Übergod

Post by samsquench07 »

I like the video the Justin the weasel Trudeau said nobody can force anything into your body. (A few years back when his hair was shaggy). And now he is just a total A hole.
No wonder he can’t step out of his bus anywhere he goes. What a clown
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

MAPearce wrote: Sep 5th, 2021, 5:31 pm
masen wrote: Sep 5th, 2021, 5:11 pm Who will be given the right to police the public. Do people have to take a course to know how to handle people who refuse to show them proof. The rule of law states innocent until proven guilty. This is a touchy situation. Many, many RCMP are going to be needed.
I'm gonna just say " NO ", the gov't will leave this all up to the business owner and throw them under the bus when someone gets past the " checkpoint" ....

RCMP won't be any help either .. Here in Ktown , they don't respond to bike thefts , property crime or noise complaints because they too , are understaffed ...
You really wanna be that guy?
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Wait - who is the enemy here? Dr Kelly (youtube below) admits there are some "health-conscious" people with immune systems
so incredibly good - they never get the flu. We know that. Are they the enemy? Wow. What a sad crooked government. :chicken:

Or - are people who spread Covid the enemy? Because Dr Kelly is finding herd immunity with vaccines = FAIL.
Israel is finding the vaxxers are spreading the disease. Badly.

So if our government is that tyrannical, they start treating the healthy people like enemies we have a problem.

So I'm thinking, with all the brainless people I've seen wearing masks outside, that the government could hire five
year old kids to check vaccine passports - and no one would try sneak in. Or it could be a voluntary system
like the Skytrain was or still is, with random tests where a sample of people would get toxic **** stuck up their nose.
I know no one would try cheat to get in, knowing that.

this doctor admits some "health-conscious" people have immune systems so incredible - they never get sick.
He also says herd immunity = FAIL
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

You really wanna be that guy?
NOPE .. And I make WAY more than the minimum wage clerk that's tasked to do it ...
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

MAPearce wrote: Sep 5th, 2021, 5:31 pm
masen wrote: Sep 5th, 2021, 5:11 pm Who will be given the right to police the public. Do people have to take a course to know how to handle people who refuse to show them proof. The rule of law states innocent until proven guilty. This is a touchy situation. Many, many RCMP are going to be needed.
I'm gonna just say " NO ", the gov't will leave this all up to the business owner and throw them under the bus when someone gets past the " checkpoint" ....

RCMP won't be any help either .. Here in Ktown , they don't respond to bike thefts , property crime or noise complaints because they too , are understaffed ...
And so are the LTC homes. What’s going to happen when they lose somewhere between 10-15 care workers next week in each home because they don’t want the vaccine? They are short staffed now. Losing 1 or 2 will hurt them, by “ them” I mean the patients and patient care. They will end up calling these fired workers back. Or else gram and gramps are not going to get proper care. It’s going to be a gong show. They can’t let go of 5-20 ish care aids in each LTC home. Not all the residents are vaccinated either. They have the choice. Nope, it’s just not going to fly.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

The residents have a choice because you can't throw someone out of their home if they don't vaccinate. Freedoms/Rights, remember?
Employees however, can certainly have certain requirements for employment, which they either meet, or they choose employement which has different requirements.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Sep 8th, 2021, 6:40 am The residents have a choice because you can't throw someone out of their home if they don't vaccinate. Freedoms/Rights, remember?
Employees however, can certainly have certain requirements for employment, which they either meet, or they choose employement which has different requirements.
That's not addressing the elephant in the room.

There's already a labour shortage - not enough care workers.

As binky11 pointed out, when some of the current workers say they'd rather exercise their right to find other employment than comply with this newly imposed requirement for their continued employment, the shortage will become more acute. People seem indifferent to this consequence.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

rustled wrote: Sep 8th, 2021, 7:41 am
Silverstarqueen wrote: Sep 8th, 2021, 6:40 am The residents have a choice because you can't throw someone out of their home if they don't vaccinate. Freedoms/Rights, remember?

As binky11 pointed out, when some of the current workers say they'd rather exercise their right to find other employment than comply with this newly imposed requirement for their continued employment, the shortage will become more acute. People seem indifferent to this consequence.
I am concerned. It could have a serious impact on an already understaffed medical community. But again, what is the answer?

I suspect that many will change their minds about leaving their jobs when they realize that no other medical facility will hire them if they aren't vaccinated.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

mexi cali wrote: Sep 8th, 2021, 9:12 am
rustled wrote: Sep 8th, 2021, 7:41 am

I am concerned. It could have a serious impact on an already understaffed medical community. But again, what is the answer?
When the most obvious answer doesn't suit the narrative, perhaps it's time to examine the narrative.
mexi cali wrote: I suspect that many will change their minds about leaving their jobs when they realize that no other medical facility will hire them if they aren't vaccinated.
Perhaps - although there may be a significant number who choose instead to change careers or retire early.

Return to “Health”