1st potential case of "Died because the hospital was filled with COVID patients"

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

1st potential case of "Died because the hospital was filled with COVID patients"

Post by TylerM4 »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kamloops/ ... department

Hope we get to see the results of the investigation. Appears that at least some are pointing to "Hospital over capacity due to COVID" as the reason.
PenChik66

Re: 1st potential case of "Died because the hospital was filled with COVID patients"

Post by PenChik66 »

TylerM4 wrote: Sep 8th, 2021, 2:43 pm https://www.castanet.net/news/Kamloops/ ... department

Hope we get to see the results of the investigation. Appears that at least some are pointing to "Hospital over capacity due to COVID" as the reason.
Don't make assumptions. FYI........ the hospitals are NOT over capacity, they are understaffed. It has nothing to do with Covid. People need to start asking hard questions of our government as to why there are beds but no staff to cover them.
Sparki55
Lord of the Board

Re: 1st potential case of "Died because the hospital was filled with COVID patients"

Post by Sparki55 »

PenChik66 wrote: Sep 8th, 2021, 5:55 pm Don't make assumptions. FYI........ the hospitals are NOT over capacity, they are understaffed. It has nothing to do with Covid. People need to start asking hard questions of our government as to why there are beds but no staff to cover them.
*Like*
samsquench07
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by samsquench07 »

Assume. Makes an A$$ out of you and me
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Gotta love the wordplay going on here.

"The hospital isn't full, they just don't have enough staff". The concern is hospitals being overwhelmed with COVID patients. Why they are overwhelmed (or the ability to scale up) doesn't really matter.

"That's an assumption" when the word "Potential" is right in the thread title clearly indicating no assumption is being made/placed.

Anyone want to discuss the topic rather than shoot the messenger and/or pretend a problem doesn't exist?
Last edited by TylerM4 on Sep 9th, 2021, 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

TylerM4 wrote: Sep 9th, 2021, 9:53 am Gotta love the wordplay going on here.
Thats how the narrative works.
Sparki55
Lord of the Board

Post by Sparki55 »

"That's an assumption" when the word "Potential" is right in the thread title clearly indicating no assumption is being made/placed.
Lol, yeah, everyone else is making stuff up...

Look at the title of your thread and then re-read the article you linked. The connection wasn't even hinted at...

You're no better at spreading misinformation right now than others who are against the vaccine and make up connections.

If you still believe you are somehow on the "noble" side of the argument so the same rules should apply to you, well I have nothing left to say.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

KGH just opened a second CV ward on the 4th floor. As of today, there are 57 CV patients hospitalized and 12 in ICU.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
WESTman
Übergod

Post by WESTman »

KGH just opened a second CV ward on the 4th floor. As of today, there are 57 CV patients hospitalized and 12 in ICU.
No, they tested positive for "Covid" with a PCR test which is not a diagnostic tool by any stretch. As I've pointed out to you and others many times the inventor himself said the test does not tell you anything about the patient and if the virus you are testing for is actually making them sick. We still don't know what cycle threshold we are using here in BC for our tests, that makes a huge difference on the number of "positive cases" will be had. These patients that have tested positive we don't know there age or whether they have underlying conditions like cancer, liver disease, diabetes etc.. Just like with your "Ivermectin is horse-dewormer" tirade where I brought up decades of studies from the NIH on its effectiveness against RNA viruses, I suspect you'll just move without addressing any of these points.
"Medical science is making such remarkable progress that soon none of us will be well."
— A. Huxley
Mrmarvingardens
Board Meister

Post by Mrmarvingardens »

Keep in mind a positive test does not mean you have Covid. It only means you have tested positive.
Although when Covid numbers are published, they include positive test numbers, not just actual cases.
So, more CV beds. A lot of cardo vascular issues, particularly in the early hours. Covid issues? Poosibly but not necessarily.
As my doctor remarked, most heart attacks etc., occur early in the morning
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Sparki55 wrote: Sep 9th, 2021, 10:40 am
Lol, yeah, everyone else is making stuff up...

Look at the title of your thread and then re-read the article you linked. The connection wasn't even hinted at...

You're no better at spreading misinformation right now than others who are against the vaccine and make up connections.

If you still believe you are somehow on the "noble" side of the argument so the same rules should apply to you, well I have nothing left to say.
What's missed here is the difference between "suggestion" vs "claim"

To accuse someone of assumption and spreading miss-information that person would need to make solid claims stating "This is why". The same accusation does not work when someone say "This may be why" or "Potentially this is why"

Absolutely I'm suggesting this could POTENTIALLY be why. That's not an assumption, nor is it spreading miss information. Yikes. I can't believe I have to explain this.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

WESTman wrote: Sep 9th, 2021, 11:11 am No, they tested positive for "Covid" with a PCR test which is not a diagnostic tool by any stretch. As I've pointed out to you and others many times the inventor himself said the test does not tell you anything about the patient and if the virus you are testing for is actually making them sick. We still don't know what cycle threshold we are using here in BC for our tests, that makes a huge difference on the number of "positive cases" will be had. These patients that have tested positive we don't know there age or whether they have underlying conditions like cancer, liver disease, diabetes etc.. Just like with your "Ivermectin is horse-dewormer" tirade where I brought up decades of studies from the NIH on its effectiveness against RNA viruses, I suspect you'll just move without addressing any of these points.
Point taken. But don't you think this is getting a little ridiculous? There's a saying out there: "If it looks like a duck and it quacks like a duck...."

You paint a picture of mindless healthcare workers who see a positive test result and immediately conclude COVID is causing their sickness with no further investigation. That's not the case. They also look at symptoms, etc.

They are wrong sometimes. Miss diagnosis is a thing in healthcare. BUT - for the sake of this conversation we all know that the bulk of patients identified have not been miss-diagnosed and whether it's 46 vs 48 patients doesn't make a difference.
Sparki55
Lord of the Board

Post by Sparki55 »

TylerM4 wrote: Sep 9th, 2021, 12:53 pm That's not an assumption, nor is it spreading miss information. Yikes. I can't believe I have to explain this.
Likely I'm taking my frustrations out on the wrong poster.

I think what you did is fine.

There's another thread right now where people are being told comparisons to Israel and linking items isn't fact and not relevant. I'm trying to point out the hypocrisy.

Lately it seems anything pro vaccine can make links to anything and it's valid but a counter argument must rely solely on facts or it is ripped apart as a quackery.
Catri
Übergod

Post by Catri »

It’s not necessarily true that this lady’s death was a result of the pandemic. It is also possible that the staffing and policy decisions that are made at IHA are coming home to roost. It’s time to re-examine the idea that healthcare decisions for the entire southern interior should be coming out of cubicles in downtown Kelowna.
KiloHotel
Übergod

Post by KiloHotel »

"The hospital isn't full, they just don't have enough staff". The concern is hospitals being overwhelmed with COVID patients. Why they are overwhelmed (or the ability to scale up) doesn't really matter.

Anyone want to discuss the topic rather than shoot the messenger and/or pretend a problem doesn't exist?

Sure it matters, why the hell wouldn't it? How do you fix a problem if you don't know what the cause is?
Last edited by KiloHotel on Sep 9th, 2021, 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Health”