Were you offered a Booster within six months?

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Were you offered a Booster within six months?

Post by Fancy »

domain wrote: Dec 10th, 2021, 12:06 am ..
I was just curious if the government was actually sending emails to people to tell them it was time to be injected, and if that had to be initiated by the end-user....
I think there are folks who are proactive and have received their booster before the email came out - especially if they are travelling. Senior folks also have family that make sure they will not miss their booster as well. It will work out just fine.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

The particular small town clinic I went to was accepting walk ins and appointments.
If you showed up with an appointment, you just got exactly the same treatment as the walk ins. You got to wait in line with everyone else.
I too thought you needed an appointment.
PS I went back after lunch and lined up outside for a little while & got the shot. Switched to the Moderna, after two Phizers, just incase it broadened the band width of the antibodies, they asked which one I wanted.
We're lost but we're making good time.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

oneh2obabe wrote: Dec 8th, 2021, 5:55 pm
my5cents wrote: Dec 8th, 2021, 1:17 pm
? Location ?
You can't drop in to get a booster dose.
November 2021 to January 2022: Key priority groups
Seniors 70+
You will be invited to book an appointment to get your booster.

Invitations will be sent out by risk, age group (from oldest to youngest based on the year you were born) and the date of your second dose.

I too thought you needed an appointment, but perhaps because it is a small town, & perhaps because they were doing first, second and third shots, they skipped that requirement.
I elected to switch and take the Moderna boost on the chance that it broadened the bandwidth for antibody creation, after doing the Pfizer dance for the other two.
We're lost but we're making good time.
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

Randall T wrote: Dec 9th, 2021, 5:43 pm I just read somewhere that they are starting to call the next group who are 65 - 70. It was supposed to be in January for that group so it appears they may be slightly ahead of the initial schedule.
I'm due in the middle of January but younger than that age group.
For myself, I'll make sure my booster is 6 months or later, after my second shot, even if everything is ahead of schedule.
Is anyone getting their booster before the recommended 6 months?
Does it matter?
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

PoplarSoul wrote: Dec 10th, 2021, 2:41 pm
Randall T wrote: Dec 9th, 2021, 5:43 pm I just read somewhere that they are starting to call the next group who are 65 - 70. It was supposed to be in January for that group so it appears they may be slightly ahead of the initial schedule.
I'm due in the middle of January but younger than that age group.
For myself, I'll make sure my booster is 6 months or later, after my second shot, even if everything is ahead of schedule.
Does it matter?
6 months for me will be next week and I qualify as a geezer, so whenever I get the invitation I can book a time.
Not sure if it matters if it's a full 6 months or not, but everything I have sourced says at least that amount of time. An older friend of mine had his second dose at the same time I did (a day apart) and he was in the first group to be called. He got his booster a few weeks ago so it wasn't a full 6 months.
I birn quil I se
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

Randall T wrote: Dec 10th, 2021, 2:59 pm
PoplarSoul wrote: Dec 10th, 2021, 2:41 pm I'm due in the middle of January but younger than that age group.
Does it matter?
6 months for me will be next week and I qualify as a geezer, so whenever I get the invitation I can book a time.
Not sure if it matters if it's a full 6 months or not, but everything I have sourced says at least that amount of time. An older friend of mine had his second dose at the same time I did (a day apart) and he was in the first group to be called. He got his booster a few weeks ago so it wasn't a full 6 months.
Thank you.
:up:
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

PoplarSoul wrote: Dec 10th, 2021, 3:16 pm
Randall T wrote: Dec 10th, 2021, 2:59 pm
Thank you.
:up:
:130:
I birn quil I se
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

I Think wrote: Dec 10th, 2021, 8:35 am The particular small town clinic I went to was accepting walk ins and appointments.
If you showed up with an appointment, you just got exactly the same treatment as the walk ins. You got to wait in line with everyone else.
I too thought you needed an appointment.
PS I went back after lunch and lined up outside for a little while & got the shot. Switched to the Moderna, after two Phizers, just incase it broadened the band width of the antibodies, they asked which one I wanted.
When I got mine the end of November in Kamloops, there were two line ups. One for those with an appointment and one for walk-ins.
They both went about the same speed.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

my5cents wrote: Dec 6th, 2021, 11:29 am
Silverstarqueen wrote: Dec 6th, 2021, 10:57 am Very helpful comparison, this is what I suspected, that 70 year olds are getting (hopefully) the shot within 6 months, But those who are say, 65 or so, maybe not so much. I would have thought, given the latest advice from NACI that all seniors, or those over 60, would get theirs within the 6 months.
I'll report back when the Mrs gets notified for her booster.
Update (as promised) This morning I checked my email and last night (Friday 10 Dec, at 6:27 PM) received an invitation for my wife to set an appointment for her booster. (when we first registered we chose to use just one email address that's why it came on mine vs hers)

Clicked on the link this morning at 9:30 AM. After entering her health number, selected the SOEC in Penticton, and could get in as early as this morning. She has an appointment for 12 noon today. Reminder,, she is 65. Appears the system works.

So, when I got my second shot 2½ weeks ago I was just under 6 months (few days) She got her's at the same time, that was June 8th, and this is Dec 11th. So 6 months 3 days. Can't complain about that.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Now this, is stupid. People need to get their 2nd or booster shots, as new variant is going to move quickly, gatherings everywhere, and it's going to take a couple of weeks for the shots to kick in. So what are they going to do? Close the vaccine clinics?
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.6289243
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Dec 17th, 2021, 9:29 am Now this, is stupid. People need to get their 2nd or booster shots, as new variant is going to move quickly, gatherings everywhere, and it's going to take a couple of weeks for the shots to kick in. So what are they going to do? Close the vaccine clinics?
Thanks Silverstarqueen.

I can't believe they are closing the vaccine clinics for the holidays !

...and here I thought it was stupid that the health people took weekends (including long weekends) resulting at the end of the weekend 2 or 3 days of covid stats. "Gee couldn't someone work just long enough to compile that stats" But, they've gone WAY PAST that stupidity. Closing for the holidays ?????

So,,,, how many actual lives are saved by police over a weekend. Depending on the town or city sometimes none, sometime one, hard to tell. They take an impaired driver off the road, could have made it home and nobody was hurt or killed might not have.

So what would be said if a town or city announced "The police will be closed this weekend" (I'm just talking two day !)

Now the vaccine clinics are closing for almost two weeks, at the start of an outbreak of the most virulent strain ?????

People with time off to get vaccinated, kids off school with time off.

I point to a topic I started 14 Nov 2009 "Is the BC CDC and Dr Bonnie Henry Failing Us ?"

163 pages later... Answer - YES
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Dec 17th, 2021, 9:29 am Now this, is stupid. People need to get their 2nd or booster shots, as new variant is going to move quickly, gatherings everywhere, and it's going to take a couple of weeks for the shots to kick in. So what are they going to do? Close the vaccine clinics?
more proof that bon bon and dixs are completely incompetent and should be fired, what more do you people need
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Just called to see if my Dec. 22nd appointment has or will be cancelled. If you booked an appointment for the booster and haven't received an e-mail informing you the clinic will be closing, you're good to go.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

:laugh: funniest damn thing just happened, I received call telling me that I can come get my third dose.
I asked when was I supposed to have had my 1st and 2nd... they couldn’t find that information. [icon_lol2.gif]

I wonder why.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

That's extremely careless and disappointing.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “Health”