Media Playing “cancelled surgeries” card…

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Bigbacardi
Übergod

Media Playing “cancelled surgeries” card…

Post by Bigbacardi »

I don’t know if anybody else is tired of this excuse….
But I for one, most definitely am.
Everywhere I turn, there is mention of delayed/cancelled surgeries being blamed on the Covid &/or unvaxxed crisis…
Enuf already…ok?
Our medical system has been behind the 8 ball long before Covid ever came out of a bat-wing soup bowl.
I remember about 10 yrs ago when bc hospitals were running at 110% capacity.
I was on a wait list for knee replacement for 4 years.
Maybe the media could focus on some real issues, or the ones made up?
Prolly not…
Remember, you are unique......Just like everybody else...
Boss Mustang
Fledgling

Re: Media Playing “cancelled surgeries” card…

Post by Boss Mustang »

Bigbacardi wrote: Feb 8th, 2022, 7:35 am I don’t know if anybody else is tired of this excuse….
But I for one, most definitely am.
Everywhere I turn, there is mention of delayed/cancelled surgeries being blamed on the Covid &/or unvaxxed crisis…
Enuf already…ok?
Our medical system has been behind the 8 ball long before Covid ever came out of a bat-wing soup bowl.
I remember about 10 yrs ago when bc hospitals were running at 110% capacity.
I was on a wait list for knee replacement for 4 years.
Maybe the media could focus on some real issues, or the ones made up?
Prolly not…
The Media will never tell you that EVERY YEAR, 25-28,000 people die from Medical Malpractice. Surgeries resulting in death. Trust the Science. Trust the Doctors. Think how many lives were actually saved by Surgery delays. How many Covid deaths in Canada in TWO years? How many surgery deaths in TWO years? Trust the science. LOL. Clown World.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

There were excess deaths but caused by Covid.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Zedi
Lord of the Board

Post by Zedi »

Fancy wrote: Feb 8th, 2022, 9:42 am There were excess deaths but caused by Covid.
Yup. Medical malpractice and pharmaceuticals are the third leading cause. Where are all the people advocating for saving every life. Where are the pro vax people who argue that every life matters?

Insurance companies are reporting all cause mortality up 40%. This number is unheard of. Its not just covid deaths. Deaths of despair from covid measures and heart problems are contributing factors.
Last edited by Zedi on Feb 8th, 2022, 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Try creating another topic.
Bigbacardi
Übergod

Post by Bigbacardi »

So, I haven't heard the media sqwacking about any more cancelled surgeries caused by the unvaxxed?
Is that cause most of the hospitalized are fully vaxxed?
Remember, you are unique......Just like everybody else...
marbles1979
Board Meister

Post by marbles1979 »

Bigbacardi wrote: Mar 19th, 2022, 9:05 am So, I haven't heard the media sqwacking about any more cancelled surgeries caused by the unvaxxed?
Or is it cause Covid in the news is on hold until the war in Ukraine is over. Give everyone a nice break from it all, before they start it back up for the new variant. :200:
hozzle
Lord of the Board

Post by hozzle »

marbles1979 wrote: Mar 19th, 2022, 9:43 am Or is it cause Covid in the news is on hold until the war in Ukraine is over. Give everyone a nice break from it all, before they start it back up for the new variant. :200:
IKR :200: :135: :cry: :runforlife:
“The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient, while nature cures the disease." & “doctors put drugs of what they know little into bodies of which they know less for diseases of which they know nothing at all.”
- M. de Voltaire
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

marbles1979 wrote: Mar 19th, 2022, 9:43 am
Bigbacardi wrote: Mar 19th, 2022, 9:05 am So, I haven't heard the media sqwacking about any more cancelled surgeries caused by the unvaxxed?
Or is it cause Covid in the news is on hold until the war in Ukraine is over. Give everyone a nice break from it all, before they start it back up for the new variant. :200:
Media has been, and is still covering the plans to catch up on delayed surgeries.
https://www.cheknews.ca/rob-shaw-b-c-tu ... es-992225/
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Whatever the reasons, it's been an issue far too long. And it's Canada wide.

Just think of the BILLIONS our federal government has *bleep* away and added to our debt the past few years, if it had mostly been put into health care....problem solved.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

bb49 wrote: Mar 20th, 2022, 4:47 pm Whatever the reasons, it's been an issue far too long. And it's Canada wide.

Just think of the BILLIONS our federal government has *bleep* away and added to our debt the past few years, if it had mostly been put into health care....problem solved.
You can't just wave a magic wand when you throw money at health care and expect things to happen. There is limited space, people need to be trained, hired and appointments scheduled.
It would be more to the point if people were look after their own health by eating properly and avoiding risky behavior instead of expecting the health care system to bail them out every time.
Waste not
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Grandan wrote: Mar 20th, 2022, 4:57 pm
bb49 wrote: Mar 20th, 2022, 4:47 pm Whatever the reasons, it's been an issue far too long. And it's Canada wide.

You can't just wave a magic wand when you throw money at health care and expect things to happen. There is limited space, people need to be trained, hired and appointments scheduled.
It would be more to the point if people were look after their own health by eating properly and avoiding risky behavior instead of expecting the health care system to bail them out every time.
Of course you can't make these changes overnight but it would be a huge shot in the arm.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

exactly.......... give it about 3 months max
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

the truth wrote: Mar 21st, 2022, 8:19 am

exactly.......... give it about 3 months max
Obviously that's not true as noted above - current news about covid and rebooking surgeries.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Kelowna surgeon was on TV news today saying people are waiting a year for orthopedic surgeries. I'm pretty sure there are many other surgeries also with long waitlists. So maybe a creative solutions needs to be found, surgeon was suggesting to use private clinics to help whittle down the list faster.

Return to “Health”