Colorado Passes Magic Mushroom Law

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Jonrox

Re: Colorado Passes Magic Mushroom Law

Post by Jonrox »

Zedi wrote: Nov 12th, 2022, 4:35 pm Like ANY other substance including social media, there’s use and abuse. Cannabis and psilocybin can have profound positive effects for some people, but if used incorrectly it can have negative effects.
We have an amazing psychologist Zach Walch at UBCO doing lots of medicinal studies on both substances and their benefits.
Watch neurones to nirvana documentary before forming an opinion.
Well put Zedi. The therapeutic use of psychedelics to treat a whole host of mental health and addiction issues could very well result in monumentally positive changes for the world.
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

Jonrox wrote: Nov 12th, 2022, 6:30 pm
Zedi wrote: Nov 12th, 2022, 4:35 pm Like ANY other substance including social media, there’s use and abuse. Cannabis and psilocybin can have profound positive effects for some people, but if used incorrectly it can have negative effects.
We have an amazing psychologist Zach Walch at UBCO doing lots of medicinal studies on both substances and their benefits.
Well put Zedi. The therapeutic use of psychedelics to treat a whole host of mental health and addiction issues could very well result in monumentally positive changes for the world.
Absolutly , and any harms can be be looked into if researchers can legaly study substances that might be of benefit to life .
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

After becoming paralyzed from the chest down, the mountain athlete found an unlikely ally in recovery: psychedelics

In the past two decades, researchers have found overwhelming evidence that psychedelics are beneficial for mental health, and now they’re exploring the extent to which they can promote physical healing, too.

psychedelic research has gone mainstream: universities across the country are looking into possible applications for substance abuse, anxiety around terminal-cancer diagnoses, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder, and it’s become a popular subject on the most mainstream of news outlets.

Expand the mind , expand healing :up:

https://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-a ... im-harris/
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
Zedi
Lord of the Board

Post by Zedi »

Jonrox wrote: Nov 12th, 2022, 6:30 pm
I'll take a natural plant based product to help with an ailment any day over a chemical based pharmaceutical.
We've learned this year the whole notion of people having a chemical imbalance is the reason for depression is a lie
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Zedi wrote: Nov 13th, 2022, 2:11 pm ...
We've learned this year the whole notion of people having a chemical imbalance is the reason for depression is a lie
We? Don't think your information is correct.
To be sure, chemicals are involved in this process, but it is not a simple matter of one chemical being too low and another too high. Rather, many chemicals are involved, working both inside and outside nerve cells. There are millions, even billions, of chemical reactions that make up the dynamic system that is responsible for your mood, perceptions, and how you experience life.
https://www.health.harvard.edu/mind-and ... depression
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Zedi
Lord of the Board

Post by Zedi »

Fancy wrote: Nov 13th, 2022, 2:46 pm
Zedi wrote: Nov 13th, 2022, 2:11 pm ...
We? Don't think your information is correct.
To be sure, chemicals are involved in this process, but it is not a simple matter of one chemical being too low and another too high. Rather, many chemicals are involved, working both inside and outside nerve cells. There are millions, even billions, of chemical reactions that make up the dynamic system that is responsible for your mood, perceptions, and how you experience life.
https://www.health.harvard.edu/mind-and ... depression
Are you under the belief that taking a SSRI drug will control the chemical imbalance that's responsible for depression?
Thats what the drug companies said and its been proven false
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

If it has been proven false then you may supply a link.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

I cant speak to despression , but i can speak to anxiety an ptsd an escitalopram 100 percent works . I took lots of shrooms as a recreational experiance but i have never tried it for for anxiety , if i did it would be with my docs consent and maybe part of a trial ? .

I do have friends in american military that use shrooms for their pstd and say it works . Thats good enough for me to want to try it .
Harm Reduction Is Cool
hozzle
Lord of the Board

Post by hozzle »

captkirkcanada wrote: Nov 14th, 2022, 12:27 pm I cant speak to despression , but i can speak to anxiety an ptsd an escitalopram 100 percent works . I took lots of shrooms as a recreational experiance but i have never tried it for for anxiety , if i did it would be with my docs consent and maybe part of a trial ? .

I do have friends in american military that use shrooms for their pstd and say it works . Thats good enough for me to want to try it .
If it has been proven then you may supply a link. :135:
“The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient, while nature cures the disease." & “doctors put drugs of what they know little into bodies of which they know less for diseases of which they know nothing at all.”
- M. de Voltaire
spooker

Post by spooker »

hozzle wrote: Nov 14th, 2022, 4:13 pm
captkirkcanada wrote: Nov 14th, 2022, 12:27 pm I cant speak to despression , but i can speak to anxiety an ptsd an escitalopram 100 percent works . I took lots of shrooms as a recreational experiance but i have never tried it for for anxiety , if i did it would be with my docs consent and maybe part of a trial ? .

If it has been proven then you may supply a link. :135:
Looking promising:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/it-s-put- ... -1.6127541
https://neurosciencenews.com/ptsd-psychedelics-21340/
https://med.nyu.edu/departments-institu ... ychedelics
cb0208

Post by cb0208 »

captkirkcanada wrote: Nov 12th, 2022, 7:28 am
cb0208 wrote: Nov 11th, 2022, 8:36 pm https://www.drugs.com/illicit/psilocybin.html

Psychosis, death, injuring others and self, other issues…. Poisoning.
Sounds same as tylenol or alcohol . Big deal
lol hahahaha oh my goodness that is priceless but then again has some backing

Return to “Health”