College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario suggests unvaxxed be diagnosed with mental illness and put on meds

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
77TA
Lord of the Board

Re: College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario suggests unvaxxed be diagnosed with mental illness and put on meds

Post by 77TA »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 2:45 pm Reports, from more than one source that regulators were concerned about the way some people were obtaining exemptions to vaccine and mask rules.
So what, who cares?
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario suggests unvaxxed be diagnosed with mental illness and put on meds

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Kroynon wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 3:20 pm
Silverstarqueen wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 2:45 pm Reports, from more than one source that regulators were concerned about the way some people were obtaining exemptions to vaccine and mask rules.
So what, who cares?
rustled, apparently, he asked about who reported the vaccine exemptions. There were several news sources that covered it, although I don't remember it being such a big deal.
hozzle
Lord of the Board

Post by hozzle »

Fancy wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 11:17 am
hozzle wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 9:50 am
Good to know.
But do you? You posted something regarding the heart and not anxiety
Nope... I think you are mistaken :135:
“The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient, while nature cures the disease." & “doctors put drugs of what they know little into bodies of which they know less for diseases of which they know nothing at all.”
- M. de Voltaire
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 3:59 pm
Kroynon wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 3:20 pm

So what, who cares?
rustled, apparently, he asked about who reported the vaccine exemptions. There were several news sources that covered it, although I don't remember it being such a big deal.
(She.) I didn't realize that was intended as an answer to the question I'd asked.

So you're saying the CPSO was responding to news reports?

Well, that tends to support the optics of health authorities reacting to social pressures vs providing advice from a solely medical basis.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

rustled wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 2:08 pm
Fancy wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 2:04 pm Sometimes the messenger IS to blame. The sky is not falling.
... Nor did the messenger double down by ammending it....
But the messenger appeared to have caused the amendment
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Fancy wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 5:17 pm
rustled wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 2:08 pm
... Nor did the messenger double down by ammending it....
LOL. More shooting the messenger.

If the directive (or memo, or advisory or whatever we're calling it) from the CPSO to physicians was to simply remind them to adhere to the criteria for covid exemptions and follow the usual protocols, just as they would any other medical exemption, no amendment would have been necessary.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

rustled wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 6:01 pm
Fancy wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 5:17 pm

LOL - is it not true?
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Fancy wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 6:08 pm
rustled wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 6:01 pm

LOL - is it not true?
It's true the messenger rather ineptly pointed out the problem with the CPSO's advice to physicians, and as a result of the spotlight the CPSO chose to amend it, doubling down.

It's also true blaming the messenger is a means of avoidance!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

rustled wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 6:11 pm
Fancy wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 6:08 pm

LOL - is it not true?
It's true the messenger rather ineptly pointed out the problem with the CPSO's advice to physicians, and as a result of the spotlight the CPSO chose to amend it, doubling down.
Ineptly? That's an understatement.
...any of their unvaccinated patients that they should consider that they have a mental problem and that they should be put on psychiatric medications...
I find it hilarious that Makis is referred to as "messenger". He in fact would be more the "instigator" as the message was available to every physician and surgeon. He wasn't designated to deliver a message at all never mind screwing it up.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario suggests unvaxxed be diagnosed with mental illness and put on meds
The same doctors that have made $billions selling antidepressents
now want to put more people on antidepressents by diagnosing them with mental illness.

The video proves the College of physicians in Ontario have been fraudulently treating mental illness
for years, so how would they know who has mental illness?

wow.gif
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 6:21 pm
The same doctors that have made $billions selling antidepressents
now want to put more people on antidepressents by diagnosing them with mental illness....
Incorrect.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Fancy wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 6:14 pm
rustled wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 6:11 pm

Ineptly? That's an understatement.
...any of their unvaccinated patients that they should consider that they have a mental problem and that they should be put on psychiatric medications...
I find it hilarious that Makis is referred to as "messenger". He in fact would be more the "instigator" as the message was available to every physician and surgeon. He wasn't designated to deliver a message at all never mind screwing it up.
It's all subjective. No, he wasn't designated to deliver a message at all. Like every one of us, he gets to choose what he wants to talk about, and like every one of us, he gets to make mistakes.

IMO it's far more important to discuss health how our authorities' information sharing about covid vaccines, including this example he drew our attention to, continues to contribute to the significant erosion of public distrust.

Not everyone shares a disinterest in the politicization of what should be strictly medical advisories.

And of course I realize not everyone agrees with efforts to focus our attention on how the tone of messaging affects public perception about our health authorities.

Still, it seems to me these effort to push back on folk paying attention to what our health authorities are doing is actually part of the problem - not part of the solution.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

rustled wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 7:23 pm ...Still, it seems to me these effort to push back on folk paying attention to what our health authorities are doing is actually part of the problem - not part of the solution.
I disagree. Having a former medical doctor refer to the advice regarding unvaccinated as having "mental problems" is a major part of the problem. That was not part of the directive.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Fancy wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 7:35 pm
rustled wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 7:23 pm ...Still, it seems to me these effort to push back on folk paying attention to what our health authorities are doing is actually part of the problem - not part of the solution.
I disagree. Having a former medical doctor refer to the advice regarding unvaccinated as having "mental problems" is a major part of the problem. That was not part of the directive.
It's not surprising those pushing back against discussion disagree that pushing back against discussion is part of the problem! And yes, I would agree Makis has also contributed to the problem.

Nevertheless, the CPSO did choose to include mention of mental health consideration that in their advisory to physicians.

I tend to think that was entirely the choice of the CPSO. And I rather doubt any doctor, retired or otherwise, would have been in a position to force them to include mention of mental health considerations.

Further, when the CPSO's choice to include mention of mental health considerations became public, they chose to double down with their amendment, rather than simply doing what would have been uncontroversial in the first place: advising physicians that covid vaccine exemptions were to be approached no differently than any other medical exemption.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

rustled wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 8:29 pm
Fancy wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 7:35 pm

It's not surprising those pushing back against discussion disagree that pushing back against discussion is part of the problem! And yes, I would agree Makis has also contributed to the problem.

Nevertheless, the CPSO did choose to include mention of mental health consideration that in their advisory to physicians.

I tend to think that was entirely the choice of the CPSO. And I rather doubt any doctor, retired or otherwise, would have been in a position to force them to include mention of mental health considerations.

Further, when the CPSO's choice to include mention of mental health considerations became public, they chose to double down with their amendment, rather than simply doing what would have been uncontroversial in the first place: advising physicians that covid vaccine exemptions were to be approached no differently than any other medical exemption.
Why should the College word their memos to doctors any differently just so disgruntled unemployed doctors like Makis will not start a controversy? Should they run their memos passt Makis first to see if it meets his approval?

Return to “Health”