It's that time of year again.

Temporary forum for information and discussion about fire situations in the Okanagan.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: It's that time of year again.

Post by Glacier »

Quailize wrote:Rain gauge is at 20mm. Looks like most places got a fair amount of rain except for Oliver & Osoyoos.

I think there's something wrong with your rain gauge because all the other stations in the Okanagan recorded from 2 to 11 mm.

P.S. Here is the winter forecast... http://www.weathertrends360.com/Blog/Po ... tlook-1935
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Glacier wrote:I think there's something wrong with your rain gauge

I wouldn't be surprised if there was, haha. I had it passed down to me from my grandparents, I think it was made in the 60's or something. It may be time to invest in a new one.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

The upcoming weather looks more pleasant, hopefully there's still a few beach days left. Tonight's night time low is 5C, seems kinda early for temps like that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Comparing September 6th (first map) with September 2nd (second map)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

I hope Fort Nelson enjoys their snow...
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Nice weather we are having today but it won't last long because the rain will return tomorrow.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Glacier »

The snow in the northeast has put a dent in the fire danger rating.
DR - Sept 7 2014.gif

DR - Sept 8 2014.gif

Return to “2014 Fire Watch”