Apex Alpine Fire

Temporary forum for information and discussion about fire situations in the Okanagan.
Dawnland
Board Meister

Re: Apex Alpine Fire

Post by Dawnland »

I would have to agree with you on the unconfirmed fire Brettbaby. There were definitely two different streams of smoke but from almost the same general area. You can kind of see it in the picture I posted of the scene from Kaleden beach. There is one stream of smoke resonating from the direction of the sun and then there is the second stream of smoke coming from the direction of Apex over the city of Penticton.
Dawnland
Board Meister

Post by Dawnland »

I'd also like to add that almost 8o% of what I'm smelling is smoke. The other 20% is the residue of wet dog stank from my 'kids' who went swimming with me in Kaleden, mixed with aged summer sage. If that doesn't say #okanagansummertime I'd have to be laying on clothesline, sun-dried, linens to even hear you.
madadam
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by madadam »

• 0% contained
The Apex fire is estimated at 313 hectares in size. Crews were on site overnight working on the south end of the fire. More than 20 crews are currently working to establish containment.
Dawnland
Board Meister

Post by Dawnland »

AM1150 has reported that the Apex fire was 50% contained, this report came around 7:30pm.
Matt-Heymen

Post by Matt-Heymen »

http://bcwildfire.ca/hprScripts/Wildfir ... asp?ID=504

Fire is now 50% contained, with the fire stopped in the direction of the houses.
Wildfire 3

Post by Wildfire 3 »

Quick update on these fires (50272 and 50289):

Fire 289 (Boot Hill) is out, IR scan got nothing so it was demobilized, and 272 still had ongoing operations as of 2 days ago...but the worst is probably over.
Deployed - Destroyed - Enjoyed
Oliver 2015

Return to “2014 Fire Watch”