RDCO parks closed

Temporary forum for information and discussion about fire situations in the Okanagan.
matai
Banned

RDCO parks closed

Post by matai »

As a result of the high to extreme fire hazard and extremely dry conditions, the Regional District has closed several Regional Parks until further notice.

• Hardy Falls Regional Park
• Trepanier Creek Greenway Regional Park
• Coldham Regional Park
• Glen Canyon Regional Park
• Kalamoir Regional Park
• Rose Valley Regional Park
• Stephens Coyote Regional Park
• Scenic Canyon Regional Park
• Mission Creek Greenway (Phase 2)
• Mission Creek Regional Park (Sutherland Hills area on the south side of Mission Creek only)
• Mill Creek Regional Park

Communications Officer Bruce Smith says, “These closures will remain in effect until further notice. Extended forecasts predict continued high temperatures well into next week and that raises the potential danger of a serious fire. Many of these parks that are closed are in forested areas with challenging terrain and in close proximity to subdivisions and neighbourhoods.”

Residents are asked to stay out of closed parks and obey any signage. Anyone found inside a closed Regional Park could be subject to a fine of $500.
logman
Übergod

Re: RDCO parks closed

Post by logman »

Who is out there enforcing these park closures? No one. Watch at the Glen Canyon trail head at the end of Webber road as people stroll past the park closed sign. These inconsiderate people are ignoring the rules and letting their dogs cr&p in the closed park as usual. These are same "people" that will scramble to get their junk out when the canyon is on fire.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: RDCO parks closed

Post by Bsuds »

As with most things on the honour system there are lots of people with no honour.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!

Return to “2014 Fire Watch”