Soffit Repair - West Kelowna

Business and professional recommendations.
AltaRed
Fledgling

Soffit Repair - West Kelowna

Post by AltaRed »

I would appreciate if someone can recommend a reliable but qualified handyman/proprietor that does residential soffit repairs. We had our cedar shake roof replaced with asphalt shingles and now there are some small gaps between the existing soffits and the shingles where critters could get in. The job is not big and hence the request for a 'small business' type. I would also want, if possible, for this person to install gutter screens to keep out needles and leaves.

I know there are businesses like First Choice Exteriors on the westside but I doubt they'd be interested in minor repair work.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Soffit Repair - West Kelowna

Post by Ken7 »

AltaRed wrote:I would appreciate if someone can recommend a reliable but qualified handyman/proprietor that does residential soffit repairs. We had our cedar shake roof replaced with asphalt shingles and now there are some small gaps between the existing soffits and the shingles where critters could get in. The job is not big and hence the request for a 'small business' type. I would also want, if possible, for this person to install gutter screens to keep out needles and leaves.

I know there are businesses like First Choice Exteriors on the westside but I doubt they'd be interested in minor repair work.

Not sure if you found someone, but the gutter guards do not work well for needles. I would not recommend them, the new style you can not separate the guard and there is no way to properly clean the gutters.

Good luck,
Last edited by Ken7 on Sep 10th, 2018, 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I agree with the above.
Bring back the LIKE button.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

AltaRed wrote:I would appreciate if someone can recommend a reliable but qualified handyman/proprietor that does residential soffit repairs. We had our cedar shake roof replaced with asphalt shingles and now there are some small gaps between the existing soffits and the shingles where critters could get in. The job is not big and hence the request for a 'small business' type. I would also want, if possible, for this person to install gutter screens to keep out needles and leaves.

How does that even happen ?

If you had a cedar ( or pine shake ) conversion done ,there is no reason why you need a soffit repair .

are you sure its soffits that these "critters" are getting into , or are they wasps getting into gaps in between the fascia board and the roof deck ?
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
4everdunn
Banned

Post by 4everdunn »

Have you manage to solve the problem? Do you still need help?
Pedgy17

Post by Pedgy17 »

I had a similar issue with gaps in my soffits after a roof replacement. I found a great handyman, Dave, who runs a small business in West Kelowna. He's very reliable and skilled, perfect for smaller jobs like this. He fixed the soffit gaps and installed gutter screens to keep out leaves and needles, which has been an enormous help. Dave's also an experienced eavestrough installer, so he can handle any gutter-related tasks you have. You should call him and see if he's available.

Return to “Referrals”