Restaurant Recommendations?

Business and professional recommendations.
lizproulx

Restaurant Recommendations?

Post by lizproulx »

Hi! I am planning a bridal shower for my friend getting married in September. The bride has family in both Kelowna and Kamloops, so I am planning on having the shower in Vernon so that everyone can just meet halfway. The only problem is, I am also from Kelowna and know very little about Vernon.

It looks like we will have around 15 people attending and am hoping to hold the shower at a restaurant. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Re: Restaurant Recommendations?

Post by Hassel99 »

the Italian kitchen is my favorite in town,

http://www.italiankitchenvernon.com/
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Depends on what you feel like. Thai? Siam Orchid. Med? Eclectic Med. Greek? Dorian's. Original Joes is good. I'm not a big fan with the Italian Kitchen but my advice - take a stroll down main street and see what tickles your fancy
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I.K. is not my cup of tea, but lots of people like it. My favourite spot is Los Huesos. If you want Italian fine dinning, I recommend Tita's, but it's not right downtown. Actually, I think that Tita's might be the best spot in town for dinner.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

^^ x2 for Los Huesos for Mexican and Tita's for Italian. Little Tex is fun. Intermezzo is good. New Delhi is good for Indian. There is a new Korean place Suda(?). The Phoenix for steaks. Earls is actually pretty good - love their Cajun chicken and ribs with warm potato salad.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

The Eclectic Med is still there after all these years? That's neat, I liked going there on the rare occasion we went to Vernon.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Jo wrote:The Eclectic Med is still there after all these years? That's neat, I liked going there on the rare occasion we went to Vernon.

When were you last there? It moved to main street a while back across from the Towne Theatre - ambiance is way nicer and the Moroccan Lamb is sooooooooo good :) Service is really good as well.
Last edited by Dizzy1 on Feb 18th, 2014, 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

It was so many years ago now, probably 15 or so.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

One thing I will say about Vernon is that there is an abundance of great restaurants.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Loved the Eclectic Med back when it was in its old location. Haven't tried the new one yet. Italian Kitchen was good food , good sized portions and good price last time I was there , but really needed a renovation. Phoenix Steak house is about the only place I have been recently where I was impressed with the food. Note: I don't get out much.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

If you like Thai food I'd recommend Amarin. It's very reasonably priced, and the food is fantastic.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Post by rvrepairnut »

Removed

not sure what happened to my post but TOROS is a great meeting place for a party group.Food + drink is very reasonable etc

maybe the mods can explain why my post about toros was removed?
Last edited by rvrepairnut on Feb 23rd, 2014, 5:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The Phoenix Steakhouse is great for lunch. You get the exact same meal you'd get at dinner, but for half the price.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
lizproulx

Post by lizproulx »

Thanks for all of your suggestions everyone! I really appreciate it
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

You're welcome ... hope you have a good time and good food :)

Return to “Referrals”