Pet Friendly Rentals in Vernon

Business and professional recommendations.
jessie123

Pet Friendly Rentals in Vernon

Post by jessie123 »

My husband and I are relocating to the Kelowna / Vernon area in May and are having a really tough time finding pet friendly rental options in Kelowna. We have a 10 year old lovely and quiet yellow lab who better behaved and cleaner than most children. We've been combing Kijiji, Castanet and Craigslist for postings but for the few that actually allow a dog, they either don't respond to our emails (I'm assuming it's because it's been snatched up already) or it's a scam asking us to send the first month's rent through Western Union.

Can anyone offer suggestions and insight on how to find a nice, affordable, pet friendly rental home?

Thanks so much!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Pet Friendly Rentals in Vernon

Post by GordonH »

Give this site a try, you select pet friendly. http://www.rentbc.com
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Kelowna Reservation Center........
VMF

Post by VMF »

I had the same issue a few years ago because I had 2 big dogs, and after being unable to find something suitable I put out my own ad saying exactly what I was looking for and within 2 minutes I had a message from a couple who said they hadn't posted their place but were reading the wanted section so they could pick and choose of their own volition. Four years later we're all still very happy! Give that a try.
jessie123

Post by jessie123 »

This is really helpful, thanks everyone!
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

jessie123 wrote:This is really helpful, thanks everyone!

unfortunatley heres the reality of the situation( in my opinion) People whom rent are usually never as responsible as a home owner.People whom rent with pets do not seem to see damage done by the same irresponsible renters.I have rented(leased out) a few house,s thru the years and have meet some extremely well meaning people but in the end end they simply do not care and don't feel their responsible.Its not my house so who cares type thing and herein lies the problem.You and people like you may not fit this sterotype but unfortuneatly will be included as guilty before court has heard your case.
I rented a condo to a registered nurse one time.Turned out to be the worst person I have rented to.Go figure so even trying to say a professional person is better than a lay person just does not work
Its a simple fact renters do not care and are worse when it comes to pets so therefore land lords do not like pets(cats and more so dogs) Liabilty is also becoming a huge factor in this equation

Return to “Referrals”