New Furnace....What to go with?

Business and professional recommendations.
goldengirl

New Furnace....What to go with?

Post by goldengirl »

Hello, were looking into replacing our wood furnace with a new one. Looking for some advice on what to replace it with.
Our options are;
1- Just a New Wood stove( ours is 30+ yr. old)
2- Outdoor Wood boiler
3-Switch to propane(no natural gas out here in Joe Rich)
Anyone out there with some Experience?
Thank-you
gg
How old would you be...... if you didn't know how old you were?
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: New Furnace....What to go with?

Post by vegas1500 »

goldengirl wrote:Hello, were looking into replacing our wood furnace with a new one. Looking for some advice on what to replace it with.
Our options are;
1- Just a New Wood stove( ours is 30+ yr. old)
2- Outdoor Wood boiler
3-Switch to propane(no natural gas out here in Joe Rich)
Anyone out there with some Experience?
Thank-you
gg

Outdoor wood boilers are great but if they are your only heat source it can be a pain to constantly keep it going all winter long. Their great with some sort of backup. Had a blaze king stove (made in Kelowna I believe) which worked amazing. Could easily heat my house which at the time was a 2200 sq ft bungalow (stove in basement). They have great technology with thermostatic fans, catalytic converters, air dampeners. I could put one log in, dial down the flame and it would last all night....loved that thing!
Jlabute
Guru

Re: New Furnace....What to go with?

Post by Jlabute »

Curious, does anyone have a rocket stove in their place for heating? Is it possible to retro-fit these in order to have a secondary heat source?
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.

Return to “Referrals”