Household items donations

Business and professional recommendations.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Re: Household items donations

Post by Bpeep »

I could use some stuff.
And things.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
RustyCrayon
Board Meister

Post by RustyCrayon »

I have several bags of gently used and new clothes with tags, as well as some household stuff and Christmas decorations to donate. I plan on dropping it all off at the SPCA Thrift Store this week.

I also have several bags of clothes that are well worn and not suitable for re-sale. The North Face store (which is closed now) used to have a bin for old clothes and shoes that would go to be recycled into various things. Does anyone know if there is a place in Kelowna or Vernon that would take stuff like that? I feel bad sending it all to the landfill.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Yes, Value Village has bins that they sort for that sort of donation, I believe they sell them to material dealers in Vancouver. Or that's what I once heard.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Those fabrics that are unsellable are sent for ripping. They rip them into rag size pieces, put them into compressed, package, size bails and are resold at local hardware stores as painting rags. Once used and covered in paint/etc. they go to the landfill through regular curbside pick-up.
Bring back the LIKE button.
RustyCrayon
Board Meister

Post by RustyCrayon »

Queen K wrote:Yes, Value Village has bins that they sort for that sort of donation, I believe they sell them to material dealers in Vancouver. Or that's what I once heard.

Perfect! Thank you so much Queen K.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

alanjh595 wrote:Those fabrics that are unsellable are sent for ripping. They rip them into rag size pieces, put them into compressed, package, size bails and are resold at local hardware stores as painting rags. Once used and covered in paint/etc. they go to the landfill through regular curbside pick-up.

Spent hundreds of community service hrs. Making rags and filling bags. Filling trailers and collecting donations. U are correct. Junk clothes become rags
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Jflem1983 wrote:

Spent hundreds of community service hrs. Making rags and filling bags. Filling trailers and collecting donations. U are correct. Junk clothes become rags

Hundreds of hours? You were in trouble, weren't ya.
You kill someone? I mean, hundreds of hours.
I once stole my neighbors boat, used it all summer, brought it back in october, did the right thing and turned myself in, and crime stoppers gave me 400 bucks.
What did u do to get hundreds of community service hours?
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I have a question of opposite referral.

Is there any organization which donates used appliances to low income people?

I have a friend who is, yes, working, but a new fridge is beyond her income/expenses.

She needs a working quality fridge for cheap or free.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Hundreds of hours? You were in trouble, weren't ya.
You kill someone? I mean, hundreds of hours.
I once stole my neighbors boat, used it all summer, brought it back in october, did the right thing and turned myself in, and crime stoppers gave me 400 bucks.
What did u do to get hundreds of community service hours?

Aaannd , I just spit my beer on to my keyboard...

Ahahahaha !!! you owe me Bman !
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .

Return to “Referrals”