Looking for some work space

Business and professional recommendations.
Ryuchi

Looking for some work space

Post by Ryuchi »

I'm trying to get started in to some hobby blacksmithing but am having a hard time finding space to work in the winter.

I'm currently on my back patio outside my house that my landlords have been kind enough to not mind the banging. The cold is getting ready to shut me down for the winter.

I'd love to know if anyone has a few spare feet in their shop/garage or an unused shed. I'd be more than happy to pay a bit of rent for the space. Sharing tools is no problem and I could teach what I can to get someone started, if the interest is there. 7'x10' would be more than enough space than I need.

I have an enclosed propane gas forge that I've built to be very sturdy and fire hazard is no more than having a barbecue. When it's up to full temperature, I can keep my hand 6 inches from it comfortably. Propane also burns clean, so ventilation isn't a major concern (a door open or a single window would be more than enough).

A heated area isn't a huge issue, my forge would heat up a reasonable sized space fairly easily. Having access to some kind of power for my angle grinder would be ideal, even if I could put down a long extension cord for a single plug.

Here's a link to some pictures of my current setup (for space reference) and some of the things I've made in the last couple months. https://photos.app.goo.gl/igRxsZkimE64iCH4A

I live just on the edge of east Kelowna and would love to have something nearby, but I'd be willing to drive out to West Kelowna or Glenmore (maybe Lake Country, would have to be the right space).
normaM
The Pilgrim

Re: Looking for some work space

Post by normaM »

Hi, try posting this on Shop and Swap Kelowna... someone might have what you are looking for
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

There's a place a buddy of mine used to work out of on Benvoulin rd just south of KLO ....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
thompson107

Post by thompson107 »

Are you still looking? if you are please message me. I am also a hobby blacksmith. I have a set up in my garage that might work to share.

Return to “Referrals”