Costco tire center ?

Business and professional recommendations.
A10ThunderboltII
Fledgling

Re: Costco tire center ?

Post by A10ThunderboltII »

Brushy Bill wrote:I get that but I have the tires from another Costco, will likely show up at 9 and try my luck. If its a 10 day backlog, I'll just go to Tireland

A couple of years back, KAL TIRE in WK price matched Costco and also gave me the $70.00 rebate on 4 you see at Costco..you do have to ask and I brought printed material with the Costco price and rebate.
Costco didn't have my size in stock and said I might have to wait some time so, KAL TIRE took over from there :smt045
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

I went to that big national Canadian "Tire" place a couple of years back, made an appointment for first thing in the morning to do a changeover, they didn't even touch the car until late afternoon. I asked why it took 8 hours, they told me they had a lot of "walk ins" and emergencies like flat tires to deal with. Whatever. Couple of months later, ended up with a flat tire, brought it in to see if they can mount a new tire on: "Nope, can't book you in till later this week, all our appointments are booked till Wednesday."

Huh? I make an appointment and waste a whole day because they had "emergency walk ins" and then I get an emergency and am told:

"Do you have an appointment?:

:135:
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

You really need to manage your time better and make an appointment first. :biggrin:

Years ago we had a rear wheel drive car and bought 2 snow tires there. They put them on the front...
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

For what it's worth , we've always had the family rides two sets or rims and I've swapped them out I the driveway.

Impossible for some people I know but it works for us .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Bsuds wrote:Years ago we had a rear wheel drive car and bought 2 snow tires there. They put them on the front...

Why not? Better for steering and braking.
Bring back the LIKE button.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

Please don't consider this as a referral since I haven't tried the service.
However there are at least 2 mobile tire service companies in Kelowna.
Royal Tire service, west side. (250) 306-5217
Go Tire, Springfield 250-860-6666

If you decide to try one please let us know how it goes.

I figure if you have to wait why not do it in the comfort of your own home or office
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

stuphoto wrote:Please don't consider this as a referral since I haven't tried the service.
However there are at least 2 mobile tire service companies in Kelowna.
Royal Tire service, west side. (250) 306-5217
Go Tire, Springfield 250-860-6666

If you decide to try one please let us know how it goes.

I figure if you have to wait why not do it in the comfort of your own home or office

Wouldn't those be more geared toward commercial, or do they have wheel balance machine onboard?
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

This is from Go Tire Service
Go Tire is never more than a phone call away. This innovative mobile auto service is the ideal way to save time and money on your Tire, Auto Glass and Auto Detailing needs.

It looks like Royal is also geared towards small vehicles
Under their website is through FB. ( I don't have an account )
I will try posting a link
https://m.facebook.com/pg/royalmobiletire/reviews/
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

I have been pretty happy with the Bannister Chev/GM...they do tires at cost. Have not compared it to Costco yet but this round of tires and Rims is going to be 800 less than at Kaltire installed tax in!
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

stuphoto wrote:This is from Go Tire Service
Go Tire is never more than a phone call away. This innovative mobile auto service is the ideal way to save time and money on your Tire, Auto Glass and Auto Detailing needs.

It looks like Royal is also geared towards small vehicles
Under their website is through FB. ( I don't have an account )
I will try posting a link
https://m.facebook.com/pg/royalmobiletire/reviews/

I contacted royal and will be using them. I was quoted $90 for anything under 31" which I feel is more than reasonable for someone to come to me and do the job, as opposed to my being stuck in some tire shop for hours on end waiting even if I have an appointment.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I contacted royal and will be using them. I was quoted $90 for anything under 31" which I feel is more than reasonable for someone to come to me and do the job, as opposed to my being stuck in some tire shop for hours on end waiting even if I have an appointment.

I hear Larry is good ... REALLY good.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

So the wife is on me to go to Costco to check their prices...so...Im gonna go check and compare....all because she saw that we get some sort of Costco Cash back.... :138:
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Symbonite wrote:So the wife is on me to go to Costco to check their prices...so...Im gonna go check and compare....all because she saw that we get some sort of Costco Cash back.... :138:

If you don't have a membership I don't think they will let you in. Tell them you are going to the Pharmacy cause you don't need one for that. Then just wander around and look.

You can also look on their website and see what the cash back awards are for the 2 types of memberships.

https://www.costco.ca/join-costco-quick.html
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Brushy Bill
Board Meister

Post by Brushy Bill »

visited yesterday, was told walk-ins not allowed, need an appointment, booking for Oct 28-29
So going out of town to a small quiet shop

Interesting to see Grands Prairie Costco price of 12.99 install, Kelowna price 19.99
Wonder if the tire department is independent contractor or ?
stevemic
Fledgling

Post by stevemic »

People need to build a relationship with an automotive shop that they trust, that way you can go there for all things related to your vehicle, i can guarantee there are no 3 week waiting lists at your local shop, and as lots of people in these forms put it you are supporting local businesses not american businesses
You can say whatever you please,
as long as the Mods agree

Return to “Referrals”