Car Battery

Business and professional recommendations.
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Car Battery

Post by 1791 »

I hear the new Ford Ranger u have to remove a wheel to change oil. No wonder u hardly see any of them in the wild
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Don't have go remove the wheel.

Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 1791 »

oneh2obabe wrote:Don't have go remove the wheel.

Wow still ridiculous.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

alanjh595 wrote:
1791 wrote:They charge to install a battery ? LOL. Do it yourself. It is 2 cables red and black. Red goes to red. Black goes to black. Even u can do this

Yeah, yeah, I know this. (semi funny....1/10) The problem is getting to the battery compartment. It is under the floorboards somewhere.

What kind of vehicle Alan?
Boosted632
Banned

Post by Boosted632 »

1791 wrote:
oneh2obabe wrote:Don't have go remove the wheel.

Wow still ridiculous.

seems pretty simple to me
my cars battery is in the trunk its an odd size $ and after changing it I have to hook up the laptop and input the battery serial number into the car
Last edited by Boosted632 on Feb 3rd, 2020, 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 1791 »

U have to turn the wheel all the way. Then pull off some garbage plastic junk. Then u can change the oil. Seems like a lot of work if u r doing it off ramps. Maybe in a shop with a bay or a lift it isnt a problem . Just ridiculous they built it that way. No wonder no one is buying them
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

1791 wrote:U have to turn the wheel all the way. Then pull off some garbage plastic junk. Then u can change the oil. Seems like a lot of work if u r doing it off ramps. Maybe in a shop with a bay or a lift it isnt a problem . Just ridiculous they built it that way. No wonder no one is buying them

I don’t disagree, but what % actually change their own oil? I think I would be in the minority :up:
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 1791 »

Truck goes in for a rare GM oil change tomorrow morning. I did my GFs car yesterday in the driveway. I had the oil and filter. Full synthetic. Took 10 mins.

Tomorrow it will take 4 hrs. Cost over 100 dollars. If it wasnt going in for yet another recall i would do it myself.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

And
vegas1500 wrote:I don’t disagree, but what % actually change their own oil? I think I would be in the minority :up:

Liked the older cars better - easy peasy to change the oil, gap the plugs, change the air filter, etc. Plus the doors actually closed with a THUD, not the wimpy click cars made today make.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

well since you've already booked the appointment too late to chime in with my recom
I can't do any servicing to my car...I just go to Auto Place
I rebuke you in the name of Versace
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

vegas1500 wrote:[
1791 wrote:They charge to install a battery ? LOL. Do it yourself. It is 2 cables red and black. Red goes to red. Black goes to black. Even u can do this

[/quote="alanjh595"]Yeah, yeah, I know this. (semi funny....1/10) The problem is getting to the battery compartment. It is under the floorboards somewhere.

What kind of vehicle Alan?[/quote]

Check your PMs
Bring back the LIKE button.
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 1791 »

Have you pulled out the floor mats. Must be a battery access point somewhere , otherwise how would a person boost that car
2manyfords
Übergod

Post by 2manyfords »

1791 wrote:Have you pulled out the floor mats. Must be a battery access point somewhere , otherwise how would a person boost that car

Some Cadillac models had the battery under the rear seat, with "jumper" terminals under the hood.

Some imports (can't remember which) also located them under the rear seat.

Could you imagine a failing battery venting into the passenger compartment? :200:
Trying to think of something profound, and full of wisdom to place here...any suggestions?
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

Batteries are heavy, so engineers frequently place them further back in the car to try and balance out weight distribution. All the plastic covers and fairings help cars be a little more slippery, helping fuel economy by reducing drag.

But, man alive are they harder to work on than the older cars. I used to have an 86 F150 that you could essentially stand in the engine compartment in. Now some cars require the engine out to change a timing chain.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I remember back in late 80s or early 90s mini van (can't remember if it was Ford or Chevy, v6), to do a tuneup had to take the top of the engine off just to get to rear plugs. Extremely poor design

Another is intank fuel pumps with no trunk excess... with exception of a number of European cars.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Referrals”