Large Tree Removal

Business and professional recommendations.
alanjh595
Banned

Re: Large Tree Removal

Post by alanjh595 »

normaM wrote:Maples are dirty trees I agree
If you don't use the deck ought to not make much diff tree goes bye bye

I agree, because the leaves are so large and they have just enough sap on them, that all dust sticks to them throughout the season. (Willow is another tree but, it's because of the multitude of leaves and not the size).

I can understand the desire to rid your property of an overhanging or large Maple tree. The Fall clean-up is not worth the hassle in exchange for the shade for 2 months/year.

Just a thought for you to consider. I don't see anywhere the diameter of the main stump has been mentioned, but the root system will be as large as the canopy of the tree, and have you considered the cost of having the stump ground down with the cost of the tree removal?
My thought is; "can the stump be cut so that becomes a piece of furniture"? A chair, throne, table for two.....? Or even better, get one of those chainsaw artists to carve a statue.
I bet he would charge much less than having a stump grinder come in.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

alanjh595 wrote:I bet he would charge much less than having a stump grinder come in.

Stump grinder is pretty inexpensive. I have had one come and do all the spreading junipers that I cut down.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Bsuds wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:I bet he would charge much less than having a stump grinder come in.

Stump grinder is pretty inexpensive. I have had one come and do all the spreading junipers that I cut down.

Okay, it was just a thought. (I get them every once in awhile, they are not always good ones).
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Coonhound wrote:Aloha tree service is close to your house. Worked for them as a 16 year old. Ed is an honest Christian

We used Aloha a few years ago. They were great.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Coonhound
Banned

Post by Coonhound »

Did you remove the tree ? Seen Asplundh guys working on Springfield Thursday. Thought about you. Did not know the crew. The guy i worked with there is down in Penticton now days. You will need someone with a chipper i would think. Unless you plan to keep all the wood
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Coonhound wrote:Did you remove the tree ? Seen Asplundh guys working on Springfield Thursday. Thought about you. Did not know the crew. The guy i worked with there is down in Penticton now days. You will need someone with a chipper i would think. Unless you plan to keep all the wood

Not yet. We are still in discussion mode and have not called anyone for a quote yet.

Too many things on our plate at the moment.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

DW noticed a large split in one of the main trunks! :200:

I have called for some quotes as now it's become more urgent..
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Bsuds wrote:DW noticed a large split in one of the main trunks! :200:

I have called for some quotes as now it's become more urgent..

Don't tell them that this is urgent. The cost will go up. Just like when your furnace breaks down in the middle of Winter.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Is that 2 meters at the bottom or the top of the tree?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

oldtrucker wrote:Can it be dropped without lobbing off top limbs and still stay within the property or not hit anything?

No, it's close to the back of the house and that split is about 2.5 meters above the ground.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Can a "Genie lift" get in there so you can have a go with a chain saw and pole saw? News at six is getting boring lately :biggrin:

Used to do residential trees part time. Best get a couple of quotes. If a boom truck can access or has to be climbed can be a difference in costs.

oldtrucker wrote:I taught him how to drop a tree plus or minus 2 meters in a given direction

When a maple tree might have a crown 10 meters wide..... margin of error is what now? :up:

With some experience, a 120 foot tree top should land within a foot or two of where you want it. Falling in a select cut operation, it is a must.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

seewood wrote:Can a "Genie lift" get in there so you can have a go with a chain saw and pole saw? News at six is getting boring lately :biggrin:

Used to do residential trees part time. Best get a couple of quotes. If a boom truck can access or has to be climbed can be a difference in costs.

Genie could get there but it would be too small to do any good. The tree is at least 40' tall.

We have a lane behind us so a boom truck would have access with no problem.

A neighbor had a tree removed from the front of their hose a few years ago with the boom truck lifting it over the house to the laneway.

I called 3 different places yesterday and have not heard back from 2 of them. The other is supposed to show up tonight to give a quote.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Genie lifts have an average weight capacity of 400-600#. Deduct 300# for man, saw and equipment, would not leave any room for a tree/branches.
https://www.genielift.com/en/aerial-lif ... boom-lifts
Coonhound
Banned

Post by Coonhound »

Boom truck from the alley is your best bet. Or a climber. Aloha. Or get an Asplundh guy to do it on a day off. You want Pro's not Joe's
spooker

Post by spooker »

I remember seeing Action Tree out there with one of their cranes to remove a large tree from a lot near Lombardy Park last year ... a neighbour of mine had a 70-80ft pine tree in their front yard removed last year, they might have used Bartlett

Return to “Referrals”