Landscaping

Business and professional recommendations.
fishfry

Landscaping

Post by fishfry »

Looking for someone to do some landscaping before the snow flies. Grass to be removed and gravel and a path put in
TIA
alanjh595
Banned

Re: Landscaping

Post by alanjh595 »

Good luck with your quest. I have posted twice on these forums offering $25/hr for 4 hours work.......not one taker.
Bring back the LIKE button.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

fishfry wrote:Looking for someone to do some landscaping before the snow flies. Grass to be removed and gravel and a path put in

Kelowna area or down south here in Penticton?
I am not wealthy but I am rich
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

https://www.okanaganmentalhealth.com/?page_id=45

I have heard good things about Yard by Yard.
hail Satan y'all
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

whatwhat wrote:https://www.okanaganmentalhealth.com/?page_id=45

I have heard good things about Yard by Yard.

I've had them in to prune my trees a few times. And they take care of the walled community next door - I'd say they're pretty good. They're often booked solid though.

These guys are quite good http://soiltosod.ca/
I haven't failed until I quit.
fishfry

Post by fishfry »

Thanks, I have contacted a few companies and have only had one come to check it out, waiting for others to hopefully get back, need it done before the snow flies.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I have found that any company that has their name on a truck, are not interested in small jobs.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

How big of a job is this? How long is this sidewalk going to be? Assuming you are a 20 year old in good health, you have a shovel/ wheel barrow etc/ & a pickup truck, dump fees in ( for the ripped out grass/dirt) & $$$ for gravel in the box of the truck....all in, how much and how long ( 1 person) would it take?
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Dump fees for garden waste is free.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

alanjh595 wrote:Dump fees for garden waste is free.

Right....it is free.

Trouble is that with a even medium sized company that a small job or large, a gravel truck, excavator and operators have to load and unload the same equipment so the $$$ amount will be high even for a small job.
I know people that could have it done by the end of this weekend-if properly motivated...the original poster can pm me if they want.
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Yard waste isn't free if you're using the Glenmore Landfill.

A minimum $5 charge applies to wood waste and yard waste disposal. Loads of yard waste over 250 kgs are assessed at $40.00 per metric tonne fee for disposal.

Yard trimmings include grass clippings, leaves, hedge clippings, flowers, vegetable stalks, woody and herbaceous wastes and twigs less than 5 cm in circumference.

Prunings over 5 cm in circumference and less than 20 cm (8") in diameter, with or without leaves or needles attached, are charged at $10.00 per metric tonne.

Logs, limbs and branches greater than 20 cm in diameter are accepted at $10.00 per metric tonne. Logs, limbs and branches must be cut to a maximum length of 4 feet. (No rocks or soil.)

Stumps cut at ground level, with rocks and soil removed from roots are accepted at $90.00 per metric tonne.

Mixed loads will be charged based upon the highest cost material in the load and assessed at an extra $50.00 per metric tonne handling/sorting fee.

https://www.kelowna.ca/city-services/wa ... s-or-rates

If you're on this side of the bridge, the Westside facility charges
Yard Waste and prunings: $1/bag, $5 (up to 4x8 load), $15 (large load), $20 (extra large load, tandem axle trailer)
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

oneh2obabe wrote:A minimum $5 charge applies to wood waste and yard waste disposal. Loads of yard waste over 250 kgs are assessed at $40.00 per metric tonne fee for disposal.

Isn't it $10( edit....correction someone just told me it's $12 now) - take in as much as you want? Maybe the last time I was there they liked my joke...." Hi, I'll get a Big Mac, large fries and....", and they didn't charge me.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Rates posted on their web site were updated January 1, 2020 . If they've increased them since then would be nice if they updated their site so folks knew what's what.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Vitanova Landscaping 250 808 3996... tell Sam what it is you want to have done. He did beautiful work for me :)
I rebuke you in the name of Versace

Return to “Referrals”