I need a doctor for my baby girl

Business and professional recommendations.
rosalynandneal

I need a doctor for my baby girl

Post by rosalynandneal »

Hi everyone,

I moved to Vernon when my daughter was just 3 weeks old. I had no idea it would be this difficult to find her a regular family doctor. She has been seen by the walk in clinic but I’ve been given the impression that I need to find a family doctor and my needs/concerns are being dismissed.

I was wondering if any of you have suggestions or some insight as to someone who may take her on

Thanks
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Re: I need a doctor for my baby girl

Post by MAPearce »

There's a website for that ..... My best guess is to call ServiceBC and tell the exactly what you posted here ..
I payed attention in High school....But I didn't need too .
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

rosalynandneal

Post by rosalynandneal »

Of course I checked the websites. I’ve called around. I’m asking you all as maybe there’s some insider detail that you would know.
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

My only suggestion... do you have family in the area or a friend who can ask their family doctor if they will accept a new patient. Good luck to you, it is difficult.
rosalynandneal

Post by rosalynandneal »

just popping in wrote:My only suggestion... do you have family in the area or a friend who can ask their family doctor if they will accept a new patient. Good luck to you, it is difficult.
Hi,
No we moved here for my husbands work. No family or friends! Thank you for the suggestion though
Lady tehMa
Buddha of the Board

Post by Lady tehMa »

When my doctor retired he couldn't get someone to buy his practice and that left my family without a doctor.

I went around to every local doctor on foot, in person. I humbly asked if they'd be taking new patients, explained my situation. I went back to doctors on a regular basis, every few weeks.

After 3 months our family got a new doctor.

With Covid, the "in-person" thing isn't really doable anymore. But persistence can pay off. I wish you the best of luck, it isn't easy.
PLEASE use spellcheck. If that is too hard, consider installing the Grammarly (free!) app that will not only spellcheck for you (AND offer corrections!) but also make sure that your sentences are grammatically correct.

You're welcome.
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

I hope you have found a doctor, if not, have you tried contacting Urgent and Primary Care Centre in Vernon?

https://www.interiorhealth.ca/FindUs/_l ... svc=&ploc=

Return to “Referrals”